Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 10:52:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Keeper thought  (Read 8541 times)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Keeper thought
« Reply #30 on May 07, 2013, 03:12:00 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Having already suggested Woods stays, now for Sulli. How could you possibly have a better reserve keeper? He's gradually slowing up, getting stiffer, even getting smaller, but THAT experience and wisdom is priceless (minus his clown moments). If he can impart that experience to Woods or whoever.

If its his swansong moment at Rovers, his goading of the pen takers at Brentford was masterful. Not only was he part of what pushed Trotta into folklore, he also got booked, but no where does that booking appear. Its not on the BBC nor the Football League. The man is sublime. A definite keeper!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rossorog

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 07, 2013, 06:07:11 pm by rossorog »
I thought the kid Fabian Spiess played well against us and only 2nd choice at Notts County. Could do a lot worse  :whistle:

Through n Through

« Reply #32 on May 07, 2013, 07:58:46 pm by Through n Through »
most obvious answer for me is Flinders but i expect a lot of teams will come in for him, if not why not ikeme thats if he can stand being with saunders when he comes back  :headbang: :boxing:

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 07, 2013, 09:28:12 pm by andyst79 »
Any1 who thinks Woods would see us right in the championship seriously needs their head testing . Priority no1 is a goalkeeper ,I'm not watching other teams wk in wk out so I won't suggest who based on the few times I may have seen them here or there but I can guarantee we could find a better goalkeeper in league 1 or 2 no danger

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 07, 2013, 10:22:15 pm by northern soul »
Tom Heston. Out of contract a brizzle.

Wello

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 07, 2013, 10:27:31 pm by Wello »
anyone of wolves 3 keepers would be class, buying a quality keeper would be an investment. pay the cash and get some quality in.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 07, 2013, 10:51:34 pm by RobTheRover »
Flinders keepers?

Losers weepers .

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 08, 2013, 12:02:53 am by les@donr »
Who was the keeper at Hartlepool who had a great game against us, he must be available now they are in L2?

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 08, 2013, 12:20:09 am by rover-n-out »
Flinders.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 08, 2013, 12:25:37 am by les@donr »
rno, thanks. Hope we are after him, sounds like an excellent prospect.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 08, 2013, 12:39:59 am by Dare to dream! »
I honestly don't get this obsession with replacing Gary Woods, yes he has made a few mistakes in games but to my reckoning only once did it actually cost us points Yeovil at Home (Jones and Paynter missed sitters in this game as well), all keepers make mistakes look at Joe Hart this season.

No we didn't end up losing points because we were better than the opposition and got Woods out of jail. Next season most of the teams we play will be better than us and mistakes he makes will cost us points that we cant afford to lose.

I don't think we should get Flinders don't think hes had any experience of champ football? Although Murphy hasn't been as good as he was in the championship i would take him over Flinders

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 08, 2013, 01:15:17 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Button signed permanent at Charlton i seem to remember,i might be wrong like,good goalkeeper,wouldn't mind Ikeme but would think he'll be one of the players Wolves keep,one i really like is,and i know it's unfair to keep taking Oldhams best players Dean Bouzanis,he looked great on crosses,quick off his line,and a good shot stopper,i'd say got to be one of the best keepers in the bottom two leagues,good enough for the championship.

Disagree on Woods,i think he will only improve again,he's got better over this season,yes he's made mistakes,a bit dodgy on crosses but so was Warrington,he's hopefully made his mistakes in league one,he's a player that could be developed and sold on,we haven't got the money to be chucking prospects away for free,have some patience.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 08, 2013, 01:52:11 am by RoversAlias »
Dean Bouzanis was terrible, and he's just been released by Oldham after being judged surplus to requirements. Seen him play twice this season and I wasn't impressed either time. He got himself sent off at the Keepmoat too!

On top of which wasn't he the goalie foolishly caught out by David Cotterill for that free kick that he basically passed into an unguarded net, and we won 1-0? Dreadful keeper, probably the last man on the list of who we should sign.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 08, 2013, 01:59:28 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I was impressed with him,had a great game against Liverpool and Everton in the cup.

MartinB

« Reply #44 on May 08, 2013, 03:19:26 am by MartinB »
I honestly don't get this obsession with replacing Gary Woods, yes he has made a few mistakes in games but to my reckoning only once did it actually cost us points Yeovil at Home (Jones and Paynter missed sitters in this game as well), all keepers make mistakes look at Joe Hart this season.

So if the club bring in a keeper it has to be an improvement and some of the ones mentioned on here are they really an improvement Flinders keeper at a club that got relegated and didn't have many clean sheets, Murphy i've seen since he left Scunthorpe has made lots of errors and Foderingham a man who was hauled of after 20 mins and dropped because of his attitude by di canio. In fact the only real credible that i have seen mentioned that might be a possibility is David button.

Bournemouth @home lost 1-0

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 08, 2013, 08:30:16 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Derby have just signed Lee Grant on a three year deal from Burnley, I saw that Adam Legdinz on FLS a few times and thought he looked decent enough to be championship standard. Have Derby got plans to sell/release Frank Fielding? Or, is Adam Legdinz going to be their third choice and up for gaining first team football with another championship club?

Chrisd_123

« Reply #46 on May 08, 2013, 09:12:32 am by Chrisd_123 »
I was impressed by the Carlisle 'keeper this season. Gillespie was it? He looks like he could step up and would be reletively cheap.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on May 08, 2013, 09:20:53 am by DaveDRFC »
If we were making a permanent signing I'd definitely look at Flinders, always impressed me every time I've seen him. We could go down the loan route, how about Westwood at Sunderland (providing they stay up)? He's got to be getting fed up of just being on the bench every week, long shot I know but stranger things have happened.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on May 08, 2013, 10:08:44 am by CusworthRovers »
Westwood is a good shout (wages permitting). There's some good keepers in L1 (where we used to be)....either Swindon, Brentford, Notts, Pool, Carlisle keepers.

Infact the only shite looking one, was that gimp from Scunny.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on May 08, 2013, 11:29:49 am by Colin C No.3 »
Whoever, we do need a very good keeper in this league.

Dorus De Vries, just gown down with Wolves, was excellent for Swansea in the Championship.

Funnily enough Swansea fans don't rate him at all. They say that his departure was one of the key factors in their recent success!

York fans said similar things about Andy Warrington, but neither us nor the Rovrum fans will hear a bad word against him!  Maybe Gary Woods might find that if he goes to another club they'll see something in him that we don't.
Like commanding his area, good distribution, good positioning etc., etc.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on May 08, 2013, 05:20:05 pm by graingrover »
I's not till you have had a very good keeper that you realise the points advantage it can mean . Not just solid but making brilliant ' impossible' saves à la Gregg in our fifties team .
I know he is not brilliant but I thought Ikeme was class .

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on May 08, 2013, 06:16:04 pm by selby »
Ikeme threw more into our net in half a dozen games than Woods in two seasons and his bollock for wolves was as funny as him punching the wall dont touch with a barge pole.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 08, 2013, 06:18:44 pm by RedArmy »
Andy Lonergan? been sat on boltons bench all year..

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 08, 2013, 06:33:45 pm by afro goal machine »
Ikeme threw more into our net in half a dozen games than Woods in two seasons and his bollock for wolves was as funny as him punching the wall dont touch with a barge pole.

agreed

is the bollock you mention the back pass that he let in then got subbed at half time ?
lonergan wage permitting has been in championship for some years

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on May 08, 2013, 09:22:11 pm by andyst79 »
A decent keeper should get you 10 points a season & that could be the difference between going down or staying up. I know we've had a mean defence all season but can any1 tell me the last time our keeper got man of the match?!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on May 08, 2013, 11:23:22 pm by IDM »
Swindon away??

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on May 09, 2013, 12:23:14 am by wilts rover »
Crawley away?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 09, 2013, 12:59:01 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Frank Fielding from Derby good keeper,Westwood a really good keeper,like's been already said wages might be the curtains for that one :facepalm:

donnygav93

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 09, 2013, 10:41:49 am by donnygav93 »
just seen that Dean Gerken has been released by Bristol City wouldn't be the worst goalkeeper to look at

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 09, 2013, 11:07:47 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
As Chris was saying earlier the Carlisle keeper looked good and pretty commanding and wouldnt cost too much hopefully.

Another one to throw into the mix for me would be a keeper currently at Brighton - Peter Brezovan.  Hasn't played really this season mainly due to Tomasz Kuszczak being the number one.  Brezovan is a big guy and comands the area pretty well in my view.  Decent shot stopper too

TinyPortal © 2005-2012