Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:10:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Who do you want as our next manager?

Paul Dickov
2 (0.8%)
Dean Saunders
14 (5.4%)
Terry Butcher
6 (2.3%)
Owen Coyle
87 (33.5%)
Simon Grayson
22 (8.5%)
Kenny Jackett
20 (7.7%)
Neil Warnock
10 (3.8%)
Gary Megson
0 (0%)
Phil Parkinson
25 (9.6%)
Phil Neville
31 (11.9%)
Danny Wilson
0 (0%)
Stuart McCall
2 (0.8%)
Steve Lomas
0 (0%)
Michael Appleton
2 (0.8%)
Andy Morrell
1 (0.4%)
A N Other
38 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 248

Author Topic: Who Do You Want Then?  (Read 13171 times)

RedRover

• Forum Member
Re: Who Do You Want Then?
« Reply #90 on May 10, 2013, 10:54:22 pm by RedRover »
Wasn't seriousl
Steve Tilson. I hope we are aiming a lot higher than him. We should look at Nick Barmbey.

You hope we are aiming for higher than Steve Tilson but then suggest Nick Barmby. Nick Barmby was manager Hull for 33 games, of which he won 13, 1 more than he lost! Having watched Barmby as a player for most of his career he never struck me as being the right sort of character to be a successful manager and nothing I saw while he was in charge at Hull has changed that.

I wasn't suggesting Steve Tilson as my choice to be our next manager, I was simply trying to point out his record is superior to that of quite a few names on the OP's list and a lot of the names mentioned by others on here.

Grayson's the only one on the list I'd like now but could we get him? Phil Neville seems to have the right character, work ethic and mentality to potentially be a successful manager but I wouldn't take a punt on him in the championship. The fact he's played under Sir Alex Ferguson is big plus.

Of those not mentioned on the list, Steve Evans' record speaks for itself and although his Rotherham side aren't known for there passing football, his Boston side during his first spell, always impressed me. It wasn't just down to the money he'd spent either because anyone who doesn't think we had one of if not the biggest budget in our conference and League 2 seasons is delusional! If Yeovil miss out in the play offs, Gary Johnson would be a good appointment for us. His only losing season (more losses than wins) since his 1st spell at Yeovil came at Northampton. A left field choice would be Paul Trollope. His Bristol Rovers side impressed me when we played them in Cardiff. He got them promoted the following season and would of probably kept them up and his job if they'd kept hold of their better players.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on May 10, 2013, 11:24:33 pm by JonWallsend »
Nick Barmby if we can get him.

He is busy enough managing an Under 14 team from Hull. Well he was last week when I saw him at Skeggy Butlins for a Football tournament.  Looked like he was having a good time.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on May 11, 2013, 09:43:01 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Seems Dickov is in pole position for the job according to an article by Paul Goodwin from the free press. Seems JR was impressed by him in the Christmas period when we played them 3 times. Also seems he played a part in Dean Furman being here.

All paper talk I know, but I like Goodwin, decent journalist.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on May 11, 2013, 10:35:06 am by Rios »
Paul tisdale at Exeter, young manager knows how to provide success on a small budget (successive promotions) keeping winning mentality will be key this year, 14pts separated Leicester in play offs to Peterborough who got relegated

This.  He'd be my first choice and I'm surprised how he's no longer mentioned for jobs higher up the league structure as he was a couple of seasons ago.

comeonrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on May 11, 2013, 11:17:56 am by comeonrovers »
The best manager out of this bunch is kenny jacket in my opinion.  I hope we get him  but doubt it will happen

TinyPortal © 2005-2012