Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:27:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: JR On radio de da  (Read 10643 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: JR On radio de da
« Reply #60 on May 11, 2013, 09:28:43 pm by RedJ »
This year's Wolves team? no then. It was his fault for not strengthening sufficiently but it wasn't his team - not that it absolves him of the blame.

The players were good enough, they just didn't give a f**k and were in freefall even before he came in.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wabtec

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on May 11, 2013, 09:34:22 pm by wabtec »
This year's Wolves team? no then. It was his fault for not strengthening sufficiently but it wasn't his team - not that it absolves him of the blame.

The players were good enough, they just didn't give a f*** and were in freefall even before he came in.
i agree the wolves players did nt play for him,but was it sods fault that bristol city were relegated for not strengthening and surely if the players were good enough as you say how can it be saunders fault if th prima donnas did nt play for him

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on May 11, 2013, 09:48:30 pm by wilts rover »
,but was it sods fault that bristol city were relegated for not strengthening

Good grief you don't give up do you

Bristol City head coach Sean O’Driscoll has no regrets over his decision not to strengthen his injury-hit strike-force ahead of last month’s deadline for loan signings.
Despite injuries to strikers Ryan Taylor and Jon Stead and continuing concerns over fellow forward Sam Baldock’s condition, the Midlander declined to bolster his depleted squad.
Rather than panic and throw good money after bad, the former Doncaster Rovers and Nottingham Forest boss insisted he would only bring in new players if they were better than those he already had and available at the right price.
Those players were simply not available in March and O’Driscoll felt he had no option but to get through the remainder of the season with the existing squad, even though City were bottom of the table and fighting for npower Championship survival.
But Baldock has since joined Taylor and Stead on the side-lines, Steven Davies is now the only fully fit and available striker on the staff and some supporters are pointing the finger of blame at the head coach.
O’Driscoll reiterated his position when he said: “If you can get somebody better than what you’ve already got and he is available at a price you can afford, then you do it.
“We were looking around for players who could fill that criteria and they simply weren’t out there.
“If you look at what people brought in before the loan deadline, I think there were only two clubs in the Championship that managed to do it.
“Clubs cannot ignore the criteria and, had we been able to bring in someone who was better than what we already had, then we would have done it.
“I would not have waited until the deadline to do it either, I would have done it before then. But they are just not out there.”
Taylor and Stead are unlikely to be available for Saturday’s home game against Bolton Wanderers, while Baldock is by no means certain to have recovered from the calf problem that prevented him from featuring against Burnley at Turf Moor last weekend.

Read more: http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-City-boss-Sean-O-Driscoll-explains-lack/story-18644073-detail/story.html#ixzz2T1EpheaK

In comparison Barnsley brought in O'Grady & Scotland who got something like 15 goals between then - and kept them up

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on May 11, 2013, 09:57:16 pm by Red wizard »
Willie McKay will still be involved as I believe his company World in Motion is the agency for some of the players.

I think Quinn and Sinclair are with WiM;
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/world-in-motion/details/berater_1061.html

and perhaps some players we may be interested in could also be represented by McKay.
If they are all McKays player then Sod must of dealt with him. Shackel and a few others who have played for us are on that list.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on May 11, 2013, 10:00:08 pm by DonnyOsmond »
How about Craig Gordon at keeper? ;)

wabtec

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on May 11, 2013, 10:05:34 pm by wabtec »
,but was it sods fault that bristol city were relegated for not strengthening

Good grief you don't give up do you
if by giving up you mean abandoning my beliefs you are correct.
Bristol City head coach Sean O’Driscoll has no regrets over his decision not to strengthen his injury-hit strike-force ahead of last month’s deadline for loan signings.
Despite injuries to strikers Ryan Taylor and Jon Stead and continuing concerns over fellow forward Sam Baldock’s condition, the Midlander declined to bolster his depleted squad.
Rather than panic and throw good money after bad, the former Doncaster Rovers and Nottingham Forest boss insisted he would only bring in new players if they were better than those he already had and available at the right price.
Those players were simply not available in March and O’Driscoll felt he had no option but to get through the remainder of the season with the existing squad, even though City were bottom of the table and fighting for npower Championship survival.
But Baldock has since joined Taylor and Stead on the side-lines, Steven Davies is now the only fully fit and available striker on the staff and some supporters are pointing the finger of blame at the head coach.
O’Driscoll reiterated his position when he said: “If you can get somebody better than what you’ve already got and he is available at a price you can afford, then you do it.
“We were looking around for players who could fill that criteria and they simply weren’t out there.
“If you look at what people brought in before the loan deadline, I think there were only two clubs in the Championship that managed to do it.
“Clubs cannot ignore the criteria and, had we been able to bring in someone who was better than what we already had, then we would have done it.
“I would not have waited until the deadline to do it either, I would have done it before then. But they are just not out there.”
Taylor and Stead are unlikely to be available for Saturday’s home game against Bolton Wanderers, while Baldock is by no means certain to have recovered from the calf problem that prevented him from featuring against Burnley at Turf Moor last weekend.

Read more: http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-City-boss-Sean-O-Driscoll-explains-lack/story-18644073-detail/story.html#ixzz2T1EpheaK

In comparison Barnsley brought in O'Grady & Scotland who got something like 15 goals between then - and kept them up

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on May 11, 2013, 10:22:44 pm by Dagenham Rover »
"Bristol City head coach Sean O’Driscoll has no regrets over his decision not to strengthen his injury-hit strike-force ahead of last month’s deadline for loan signings."

I seem to remember I've heard something very similar a year or two ago

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on May 11, 2013, 11:36:40 pm by BobG »
Does this thread have a point? Any point at all tbh.

BobG

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on May 12, 2013, 09:23:14 am by IDM »
I dunno BobG - seems to be getting more about ex managers and their teams, rather than ours, and also about which poster said what, which poster is masquerading as another etc. 

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on May 12, 2013, 01:18:02 pm by Wellred »
Does this thread have a point? Any point at all tbh.

BobG

Well you posted the third thread so you tell us?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on May 12, 2013, 10:33:32 pm by BobG »
Which third thread might that be WellRed? I don't recall starting any threads with that title. Are you imagining things again?

BobG

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on May 12, 2013, 10:51:20 pm by Al4475 »
Bob/Wellred - both of you always have constructive stuff to say about every thread, and for the most part both of you have very relevent comments and ideas on shitloads of discussions!  For fcuk's sake move on guys - we're in the Championship - a new manager due in soon, and everything is ok - if not quite tickety-boo regarding Rovers! Enjoy your pre-season, get ready for the assault against relegation and quit bickering! LOL

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on May 12, 2013, 10:52:54 pm by BobG »
I'm more than happy to :) Suggest Wellred grows a sense of proportion and  fitness. We'll get on fine then.

Cheers

BobG

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on May 13, 2013, 06:24:54 am by idler »
At least Wabtec has stopped calling S'OD  O Dismal now.
That always seemed so childish. :scarf:

wabtec

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on May 13, 2013, 07:26:25 am by wabtec »
I just want it recorded on his forum that despite what the o dismal supporters said super Deano still finished above boring odismal I think i ought to add i am not biased either way between super Deano and boring Odismal.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on May 13, 2013, 08:10:55 am by IDM »
WTF does it matter what our ex managers have done at other clubs?  Just so pro-SOD an pro-DS fans can score points off each other?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on May 13, 2013, 10:45:36 am by Wellred »
I'm more than happy to :) Suggest Wellred grows a sense of proportion and  fitness. We'll get on fine then.

Cheers

BobG

I somehow doubt I would ever get on with a know it all.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on May 13, 2013, 10:56:59 am by DonnyOsmond »

You SODomist.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on May 13, 2013, 12:41:56 pm by Alickismyhero »

Wabtec,

Oh dear, oh dear,
Why are you so up tight? 
Calling people names?
Why am I so boring I only respond when I think someone has got the wrong end of the stick?
Viva and me one of the same, really?
You seem to have taken this article well off course.........JR on radio de da!!!!!! Why?
I really do seem to have rattled your cage and that surprises me as I am never rude or aggressive.

On the whole this is a pointless article which has lost direction but if you wish to know my point of view on things I would prefer to talk direct as you seem to be blowing a fuse on your keyboard.

The only boring thing is going over the same points time and time again and you seem to have taken the prize for that.

neil grainger

« Reply #79 on May 13, 2013, 01:06:48 pm by neil grainger »
I opened this thread in anticipation of learning what JR had said on the Radio.

I'll never get those 10 minutes of my life back.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on May 13, 2013, 01:47:14 pm by Mike_F »
And to that end, I hope nobody objects if this thread is locked. I'm all for free speech but it's going nowhere and wasting people's time if they read it hoping for something related to the thread title.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012