Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:58:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New boss to get cash injection.  (Read 5975 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: New boss to get cash injection.
« Reply #30 on May 14, 2013, 11:24:57 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I Think it's a real positive,it shows the club is thinking the right way,a gradual growth that can be sustained,i'll say it now,if we get the right manager,and with John Ryan's record it's a good possibility,we will stay up at a minimum,we just need to add a few players of quality in the right positions,trim those of the wage bill not needed,and if we can keep bringing players through the youth system like James Husband,or similar,then i think we've got a real chance of carrying on our upward curve. :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 14, 2013, 11:29:15 pm by BobG »
It all depends on the money Sammy. You can buck the trend for a year or two, but in the end, it's always the money that counts. And that leads to an area that's really interesting. well, it is to me anyway. lol. If, as I understand JR has said, we are going to have a 'competitive budget in the Championship then we should survive at the very worst. But that begs the question then of just how many millions the directors are going to put in - because one thing's for sure: the club income won't sustain a budget of that level.

BobG

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 14, 2013, 11:37:23 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I Agree money is obviously important Bob,i'm interested how we can be getting such big profits already,or am i being thick?,you've pretty much got to get every decision perfect when you are a club like ours,we've got the board,next jigsaw piece and one of the most important the manager has to be right,get that wrong,and well your in big trouble,you don't play catch up in the championship,luckily John tends to get these things right,then every signing near enough has to be a success,then you need luck with injuries,which did for us last time,so we need a quality fitness set-up,and also very important that the fan numbers don't drop if we get a bad result or two,even with the profits mentioned for,for us to start on a very precarious level playing field,the board will need to put money in as well,i think we will stay up but we need to get a bit stronger year after year.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 14, 2013, 11:39:52 pm by nice one rovers »
Just how many players have Rovers had that cost over £500,000? As far as I remember.....1. There are plenty of very good players available for little money if we don't look at Premiership failures at low prices who WANT to play for Rovers. That is where we look, in Lg1, Lg2 and even in the Conference if they are useful. Remember your roots folks.
[/quote

I'm kicking off my boots, and going back to my roots.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 14, 2013, 11:43:04 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Good thing about our supporters Nice one,the majority are grounded,and we never forget where we came from,i don't think there's any danger of that :scarf:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 14, 2013, 11:44:16 pm by BobG »
All very true indeed Sammy. I suspect the vast majority of clubs that win promotion each year have a good year with both injuries and suspensions, whilst those that suffer relegation have bad years. Luck is still part of this game despite all the science.

P'raps not so much in the Prem due to squad size, but most other places I would think.

BobG

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 15, 2013, 12:02:56 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Surely we are due some good luck on injuries,the work Andy and the team are doing with the pitch can only help,a near impossibility to get a good pitch out that sustained cold weather we had,your right on luck Bob,even the best manager Fergie needed it here and there,if your a good manager you earn your good luck,if your poor it will run out,then all your left with is the ability you have,Gary Players saying ''The more i practise the Luckier i get'' is a good one,they will have to be careful the manager who we pick and the players who do come in,because we might not be the most talented squad to ever be promoted,but for sheer bull headedness,there's not many better than us,add a bit of quality to that,and we've got a decent chance :scarf:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 15, 2013, 12:19:50 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Did you ever hear the one about Colin Sutherland storming into Snodin's office after training?

Sutherland: "Boss. I've just heard that Matty Caudwell is getting a Cortisone Injection."
Snodin: "What about it?"
Sutherland: "If the club's buying that wee bastid a car, aah want one misel."

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 15, 2013, 12:21:51 am by BobG »
ha ha ha!!!!

Now he was always value for money wasn't he? Loved Sutherland to bits. He'd be a folk hero to bring back to game one day he would.

BobG

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 15, 2013, 12:31:49 am by Sammy Chung was King »
That's a cracker Billy,Sutherland they think Rob Jones is hard,he would have chewed him up and spit him out,he used to beat strikers miles taller than him in the air,i've never seen a centre-half who loved a header like him :thumbsup:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 15, 2013, 01:25:09 am by RedJ »
I wonder who'd win in a fight between the two. I'd pay to watch that.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 15, 2013, 01:35:53 am by BobG »
At a guess, Billy. Way, way, waay dirtier and more thuggish! Remember that fist to Westy at Rushden?

BobG

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 15, 2013, 01:41:15 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Sutherland was an Animal of a player,he wasn't actually that big,but seemed about six five in his socks :laugh:

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 15, 2013, 03:45:56 pm by roverssam1879 »
Sounds like a breath of fresh air to me. it shows that we are making ever forward steps to improve the football club. now the stadium isnt eating away at our pockets we might just start progressing as a club in terms of stature. in an ideal world we could do with around 3million to use on players, bringing in the quality sharp had for example.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 15, 2013, 06:24:44 pm by godlike1 »
Sounds like a breath of fresh air to me. it shows that we are making ever forward steps to improve the football club. now the stadium isnt eating away at our pockets we might just start progressing as a club in terms of stature. in an ideal world we could do with around 3million to use on players, bringing in the quality sharp had for example.

Totally agree, only problem is that we need the fan base to grow to help that happen. Here's fingers crossed to season ticket holders one day being 12000 for 2 or 3 seasons on the trot meaning they will have no other option other than extend the keepmoat to fit everyone in

TinyPortal © 2005-2012