Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:19:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Doncaster Shafted by the FA... Again  (Read 19329 times)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Re: Doncaster Shafted by the FA... Again
« Reply #30 on May 13, 2013, 03:31:22 pm by ditch_drfc »
Why has there been no coverage on Sky sports?

That I can answer... they only give a sh*t about sports they have the rights to. No money. No interest

More likely it's been done to try and get Sky interested at all. It smacks of the ridiculous engineering that detached rugby league's top flight from the unglamorous rump.

Given women's football has a contract with BT Sport, I think it's actually less likely to be that reason.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Prince_Moncrieffe

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 13, 2013, 03:33:48 pm by Prince_Moncrieffe »
This is an utter outrage. Comrades Unite! Everybody tweet Savage about this, for this weeks Savage says on bbc sport!

Every Rovers fan call 606 - to try and get this on the radio.

This story cannot lie.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 13, 2013, 03:55:22 pm by Scooter »
This is unbelievable. How can a team be relegated after just one game because the FA are greedy. Don't we have a court for abitration in sport. Any rovers fan a decent barrister willing to fight their case?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 13, 2013, 04:15:17 pm by graingrover »
The Belles proudly wear the red and white hoops with the Viking crest . We have got to help ! They drew with money bags Chelsea in the last game .. the FA has made a decision that is  totally lacking in any sort of moral and sporting values .

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 13, 2013, 05:26:07 pm by les@donr »
Agree its a mess, and devalues women's soccer.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 13, 2013, 05:26:48 pm by Dagenham Rover »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 13, 2013, 06:22:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I assumed you all knew about this. The article I read confirmed that Belles were being replaced by Man City Ladies.

You can see they are trying to manipulate things to try and give the Women's Premier League more credibility by looking like the top of the mens Premier League.

Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. No doubt Bristol Academy's days are numbered.

I'm sure it's all based on commercial reasons.

GVARover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 13, 2013, 07:02:56 pm by GVARover »
This action by the FA is a disgrace.  Like many on this forum I want to take some kind of action...getting more media attention would be great but I will be contacting both UEFA and FIFA - contact details available through their websites.  It may not make a difference but at least it is some sort of action that I can reasonably take from here.
How does this kind of behaviour support the UEFA stand on Respect and Fair Play?
I feel absolutely gutted for the Belles and furious at the way they have been treated.
Excellent initial editorial by the way.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 13, 2013, 07:07:59 pm by The Red Baron »
I think the treatment of the Belles and Lincoln Ladies has been nothing short of a disgrace. However, a few days ago the vice-chairman of the Belles was on Radio 5 Live and passed up a great opportunity to criticise the FA's decision, simply saying he wasn't happy with it. Not happy? He should have been f**king incandescent with rage!

Makes you wonder about the MK Dons move though. The FA have maintained that the decision to allow Wimbledon to relocate to MK was taken by an independent panel and so can't be laid at their door. But it makes you think that maybe they have a secret agenda on franchising.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 13, 2013, 07:22:32 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I've got to admit apart from ogling i'm not a fan of women's football,the only way i can see how they could have demoted them fairly,is if they did it on an average of their league positions,as they have struggled for a few years,this is another case of tradition not mattering any more,they surely deserve their place as one of the founding members,but then again if it was done like that Corinthian Casuals would be in the Premier league :laugh:,it seems really sad,the only way i could see things improving is when the club is stronger,somehow they could help them out like other men's teams do,also more of the two games on one day,and hopefully get a percentage of our fans watching bump their crowds up a bit,hopefully as the club gets stronger,The Dons and Belles will as well,very sad and unfair for them.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 13, 2013, 07:39:25 pm by Filo »
I wonder in light of the FA`s lack of reasoning behind the decision there`s grounds for the Belles to sue the FA

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 13, 2013, 07:40:55 pm by Wellred »
I've got to admit apart from ogling i'm not a fan of women's football,the only way i can see how they could have demoted them fairly,is if they did it on an average of their league positions,as they have struggled for a few years,this is another case of tradition not mattering any more,they surely deserve their place as one of the founding members,but then again if it was done like that Corinthian Casuals would be in the Premier league :laugh:,it seems really sad,the only way i could see things improving is when the club is stronger,somehow they could help them out like other men's teams do,also more of the two games on one day,and hopefully get a percentage of our fans watching bump their crowds up a bit,hopefully as the club gets stronger,The Dons and Belles will as well,very sad and unfair for them.

Sorry but hat argument makes no sense whatsoever.
It is like saying to Rovers after 1 game in next seasons championship. We are going to demote you as you don't have big enough gates so we will promote Sheffield Utd instead.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #42 on May 13, 2013, 07:58:30 pm by GM-MarkB »
We (Mustangs) were due to play a home game on the 26th on Pitch 2 but the FA have told us we couldn't use any part of the Stadium on that day...so we've rescheduled.

How about all 40 of our lads invade the pitch in our kit...i've got some spare helmets if anyone wants to join in !

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 13, 2013, 08:00:31 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
What i was saying Wellred is if this decision is final maybe having some our fans bump up the crowd will make them stronger,because surely some will start going to a game or two,traditions don't seem to mean anything these days,as a founder member surely they should be in it,when most people think of women's football the first name mentioned is the Belles,maybe not as much as years ago,but they the starting point of women's football,it smacks of being money related as always,totally wrong,if enough protested maybe something could be done wrong,you can't lay down and take a decision like that!!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 13, 2013, 08:10:28 pm by PDX_Rover »
It's f**king outrageous, but typical of the spineless FA Kitsons. The Belles were and are one of the ground breakers in women's football. And to be kicked down a division to let Manchester City in is outrageous. City should have entered into the second tier and fought their way up.

It's a sad contrast to over here in the States, where they have just set up the first US women's soccer league, and my city, Portland, has the Portland Thorns, who are going great guns and getting crowds of 15,000+.

Surely this cannot be legal?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 13, 2013, 08:18:56 pm by Wellred »
I think we all know that nothing will change the FA's decision although we should pursue every possible angle to shame the FA.

The FA is run by the Premier league for the Premier league. It won't change as long as they are in Murdoch's pocket.

neil grainger

« Reply #46 on May 13, 2013, 08:25:38 pm by neil grainger »
This is scandalous and the FA should not be allowed to get away with it.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 13, 2013, 08:34:02 pm by FuzzyDuck »
Seriously pissed at this.

DRFC fans should attend the Women's FA Cup Final en Masse with every type of protest banner imaginable (personally I think the FA were responsible for Dobby's death)

Ridiculous but could DRFC register the girls and field them in the FA Cup?  We never do 'owt in that anyway!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on May 13, 2013, 08:50:57 pm by PDX_Rover »
I just wrote to the FA. We'll see what response I get (if any).

Someone should start a FB group.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 14, 2013, 05:52:13 am by FuzzyDuck »
http://www.thefa.com/News/2012/dec/fa-wsl-applications-2014.aspx

Found that.  Applications marked on both financial and commercial considerations.  For me, it looks like a place in the top league is for sale.

Anyway, let's get behind the Belles!  Give the FA the embarrassment of relegating a club finishing mid-table or better!

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on May 14, 2013, 09:29:40 am by VivaRovers »
I think the biggest disappointment for me here, is just how few people knew about it before I flagged it up.

If folk want to get behind the Belles cause then one of the best and easiest thing they could do is go along and support them at their games.

There next game is this coming Saturday against Everton; 6pm at the Keepmoat. Free entry if you take your own bell!

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on May 14, 2013, 10:02:20 am by DRNaith »
I think the biggest disappointment for me here, is just how few people knew about it before I flagged it up.

If folk want to get behind the Belles cause then one of the best and easiest thing they could do is go along and support them at their games.

There next game is this coming Saturday against Everton; 6pm at the Keepmoat. Free entry if you take your own bell!

.........however, you WILL be arrested for indecent exposure if you think your "sense of humour" will get you in for free!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on May 14, 2013, 11:25:13 am by graingrover »
I hadn't heard before this thread .. and it's true best way to help  help is to support .. . However if lack of media attention is compounded by shrugs of the shoulders then the FA will get away with this . Having read the rules that are set out for the Women's game it's true that they can virtually decide who they want in the top league irrespective of performance on the field . It's just in cases like this when the general footballing public just has to react.As always what is needed is a champion of the cause... either a politician .. a famous personality ... Claire Balding for example  would be ideal!   

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on May 14, 2013, 11:58:18 am by Sheepskin Stu »
Clare Balding? Aye, she knows how to get it in the box. 

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on May 14, 2013, 03:01:06 pm by PDX_Rover »
Dear Mr. Button, 

Thank you for contacting the Football Association.

The adjudication process will remain confidential between the involved parties as the information is sensitive. Below are the four main criteria by which the process was conducted.

1)      Financial and business management
2)      Commercial sustainability and marketing
3)      Facilities
4)      Players, support staff and youth development

The future of The FA WSL from 2014 forms a key part of the overall objectives of ‘Game Changer’, The FA’s new five year plan. This also includes the creation of an Elite Performance Unit, growing player participation and a new individual commercial strategy for the women’s game.

We do appreciate all of the feedback we receive from supporters. This feedback is collated and used to build a picture of public opinion and is subsequently fed back internally within the organisation. Please rest assured your comments will form part of this feedback process.

Best wishes,

John Stanley | Customer Relations
The Football Association
Wembley Stadium, Wembley, London, HA9 0WS
Postal address: Wembley Stadium, PO Box 1966, London, SW1P 9EQ
T 0844 980 8200 (option 3) | F 0844 980 0666 |
www.TheFA.com/Feedback 

**If you wish to reply, please click on the link below to go to the contact us form**
http://www.thefa.com/feedback

Sent: 13 May 2013 20:25
To: Info
Subject: Shame on you for your treatment of Doncaster Belles

The the esteemed gentlemen of the FA,

I know money drives everything in football nowadays, but the demotion of Doncaster Belles to the second tier on Women's football in England, so that moneybags Manchester City can take their place, is absolutely disgusting. A team that was one of the pioneers of English women's football and they are relegated by a press release. What happened to league status being on merit? Surely any 'new' clubs should enter the team at the bottom and work their way up on merit? Apparently that doesn't apply any longer – and money talks. As usual. Yet another example of the FA not having the courage of their convictions.

The Football Association: Supporting Football since 1863 (as long as the money's right)

I expect nothing will happen.

Shame on you from top to bottom.

Mark Button
Portland, Oregon.

This communication contains information which is confidential, which may be privileged, and which is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient please note that any distribution, disclosure, use or copying of any part of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify us by return email or by telephone on +44 (0)844 980 8200 and delete this communication and any copies of  it. The FA Group (which for the purpose of this communication means The Football Association Limited and its subsidiary companies including Wembley National Stadium Limited, National Football Centre Limited and FA Learning Limited) does not warrant that this email is free from error, viruses, malware, data-damaging material or other defects, or is compatible with your equipment or fit for any purpose. The FA Group may monitor, intercept and block emails addressed to its users or take any other action in accordance with its email use policy.

Statements or opinions may be expressed in this communication that are personal to the sender and do not necessarily represent the views of The FA Group or any member of it. Unless expressly stated otherwise, no member of The FA Group shall be bound by any contract or obligation purported to be created by this communication.

This communication has originated from the communications system of The FA Group.

The Football Association Limited (Company number 77797),  Wembley National Stadium Limited (Company number 3388437) National Football Centre Limited (Company number 2523346)  and FA Learning Limited (Company number 04249339)  are all registered in England and Wales, with their registered office at Wembley Stadium, Wembley, London HA9 0WS. For The FA Tel: 0844 980 8200. http://www.thefa.com. For Wembley National Stadium Limited Tel: +44(0)844 980 8001 http://www.wembleystadium.com.

So there you have it....

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on May 14, 2013, 03:20:11 pm by RedJ »
To be honest I stopped reading at point 2. After that you just know they may as well have sent you a link to Harry Enfield as Loadsamoney.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on May 14, 2013, 03:23:32 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Email sent to the FA from Dischuffed of Bristol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear FA,

I see you have chosen to relegate Doncaster Rovers Belles based on money not football. Whilst I understand your desire to get money into the womens game, surely the clubs with money would be able to make their case on the pitch? Promotion/relegation in football should always be on merit not on committee decisions. Maybe you'd like to introduce this new system of yours into the Football League or FA Cup so that teams judged by you to be more worthy are promoted or get byes into later rounds?

To be frank, what you are doing with this decision stinks. Doncaster Rovers Belles were one of the founding forces of womens football in this county. Maybe their finances aren't what you're looking for, but maybe they are good enough despite this and you will learn from this embarressing mistake.

The FA is supposed to be forward thinking. This decision of yours puts you right back in the seedy smoke filled rooms of yore. I hate to think what other plans you have up your sleeves for football in this country.

I played against the Belles when I was young back in the 70s. The spirit of that team is legendary, its has guts and passion. Football success is not just about who has the most money - haven't you learned that yet? They had the TV program "Playing the Field" based on them - something that has probably done more for womens football than the FA has ever done.

I hope you can reverse your decision and make the league system work on merit not this embarressing plastic model designed by men in offices in London.

Chris Wilkinson

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 14, 2013, 03:27:35 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I meant to add - please people send them emails, this is an important case not just about the Belles, or Donny. Its as important as the Wimbledon/MK debacle. If they get by with this, who knows what they will start doing in the mens game.

info@thefa.com

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 14, 2013, 03:28:38 pm by Drover »
I assumed you all knew about this. The article I read confirmed that Belles were being replaced by Man City Ladies.

You can see they are trying to manipulate things to try and give the Women's Premier League more credibility by looking like the top of the mens Premier League.

Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. No doubt Bristol Academy's days are numbered.

I'm sure it's all based on commercial reasons.

Remember Fulham Ladies,did'nt they reach the top through Al-Fayed's money,but then he pulled the plug and they dropped away since?Seems moneys talking to FA again.Sometimes they make me sick.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on May 14, 2013, 03:47:37 pm by Filo »
It would strengthen the argument if fans of other clubs registered their disgust as well

TinyPortal © 2005-2012