Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:30:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: David Beckham  (Read 4456 times)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: David Beckham
« Reply #30 on May 18, 2013, 04:13:00 pm by MachoMadness »
I can't believe some people think that "only" having the best dead ball delivery in the world means he's lucky? No, he never had pace or the tricks to beat a man but in his prime he was a phenomenal footballer and the fact that he's still playing at one of Europe's top clubs until his retirement is something that precious few footballers can claim.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 18, 2013, 06:17:53 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I Thought Chris Waddle's comments lacked a certain class and validity,he said he wasn't in the top thousand best footballers,that had played in the Premiership,he's right there are a lot of players who were better than him,but not in the top thousand come on.

Beckham wasn't a player who could dribble round three or four,but through hard work,he found a way round that,be honest,if you had to pick one person,to put a cross in,in the last minute to win you a game,name me one player who would deliver it more consistently than him,he got every ounce out of his playing career,i personally didn't like the celebrity side of him,but you can't blame the fella for getting money while he was near the top,though on occasions he was a touch greedy,i don't know him personally but i thought he handled himself like a gentleman throughout his career,and unlike a lot of footballers,his love for the game never waned,you could see the pride every time he pulled the England shirt on,good luck to him :thumbsup:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 18, 2013, 11:06:09 pm by BobG »
Agreed with almost all of that Sammy. DB is far, far, far more of a decent guy, a gentleman, than the vast majority of both his and the current England teams. Rooney? Terry? Ferdinand? Cole? Hiss morals and values appear to be on a different, better,  planet to theirs. And the list could go on. As a footballer, you could trust him. You always knew what you would get. And he worked hard.

I admire the bloke. He's a perfect role model of how to maximise your potential. I might not like some of the things he does, or wears, but that's simply my personal preferences. They shouldn't cloud a judgement of the character of the man. 

BobG

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 18, 2013, 11:30:40 pm by hoolahoop »
Agreed with almost all of that Sammy. DB is far, far, far more of a decent guy, a gentleman, than the vast majority of both his and the current England teams. Rooney? Terry? Ferdinand? Cole? Hiss morals and values appear to be on a different, better,  planet to theirs. And the list could go on. As a footballer, you could trust him. You always knew what you would get. And he worked hard.

I admire the bloke. He's a perfect role model of how to maximise your potential. I might not like some of the things he does, or wears, but that's simply my personal preferences. They shouldn't cloud a judgement of the character of the man. 

BobG

+1 perfect summary Bob :)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 19, 2013, 03:35:02 am by Dare to dream! »
I always think Beckham and Coppinger have similarities. Not so much on the field but off. You know he will always put in 100% effort.

HomerJSimpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 19, 2013, 10:11:24 am by HomerJSimpson »
Not sure that Beckham was much of a gambling man. Beckham was a legend and dragged England to places we weren't good enough to get to. Had Beckham been a few years older maybe we'd have had him at Euro 96 and actually won something. If/buts/maybes are the words England fans have to use.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012