Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:20:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gary Woods released  (Read 7911 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Gary Woods released
« Reply #30 on May 17, 2013, 11:09:10 pm by RoversAlias »
The reason Harper is not on that list is because we didn't sign him until 17th August which means he is still contracted to us until 2 weeks into next season.

That isn't how football contracts work usually.

pubteam - Wilson was never signed to a contract so can't be offered a new one.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pubteam

« Reply #31 on May 17, 2013, 11:24:13 pm by pubteam »
The reason Harper is not on that list is because we didn't sign him until 17th August which means he is still contracted to us until 2 weeks into next season.

That isn't how football contracts work usually.

pubteam - Wilson was never signed to a contract so can't be offered a new one.

I was joking more about the fact that he's had three spells here, and seems to find his way back every time we get shut of him.

neil grainger

« Reply #32 on May 17, 2013, 11:31:56 pm by neil grainger »
I don't want to revel in someone's bad news so I won't use the word 'pleased' about G Woods release, but I'm very relieved.

This is a positive statement of intent to strengthen one of our major weaknesses, so it's good news IMO.
Same goes for M Woods.
I was excited by his signature but the harsh reality is he has hugely under-achieved - injuries or not.

And thank heavens Fowler is gone - another good decision.

As for Jordan Ball I can't comment because I never saw him play. Part of me is saddened at his release but I trust whoever made these decisions so overrall I'm encouraged.

I'm intrigued to know who makes these decisions in the absence of a manager but whoever it is - well done.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 18, 2013, 01:31:31 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Sometimes you wonder that the professionals see things differently. For once I'm so pleased that common sense has prevailed and we have put Gary out of his misery.

Would like to have seen more of Jordan Ball but the rest I'm comfortable with.

MR A-Z

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 18, 2013, 02:21:44 am by MR A-Z »
PRAISE THE LORD! Gary Woods has gone,
But Martin?? Maybe injury prone but he will be a championship top half signing next season being injury free for someone like Sheff utd and scoring 11 goals with 4 assists with a transfer fee of 200k+ just our luck. The skirt of technical player we need.

MR A-Z

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 18, 2013, 02:23:44 am by MR A-Z »
Skirt mean sort! Blessed with fat fingers and a burgeoning need for merlot

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 18, 2013, 08:46:08 am by The Red Baron »
Surprised about Jordan Ball being released as we're running an U-21 side next season. Maybe they didn't think he had the potential to cut it at the higher level. As for the rest, I'm more surprised that Sullivan, Griffin and Bennett HAVE been offered new deals.

Hopefully we'll get Brown, Spurr and Quinn, who are the really key men on that list, signed up quickly and we can then move on to look at other targets.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 18, 2013, 09:14:18 am by colincramb »
I'm not surprised about Jordan ball, and I don't get why everyone else is? How many people have actually seen the lad play other than the odd sub appearance? We are in the 2nd tier now and any young players we have are going to have to be bloody good prospects to play at that level. Good luck to him

Surprised at Gary woods. Not surprised at Martin. Great ability on his day but those days were too few and far between. For the money he was likely to be on we just can't take the gamble that he will be out next season again.

Best of luck Gary and Martin and to the other released

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 18, 2013, 09:30:46 am by The Red Baron »
I'm not surprised about Jordan ball, and I don't get why everyone else is? How many people have actually seen the lad play other than the odd sub appearance? We are in the 2nd tier now and any young players we have are going to have to be bloody good prospects to play at that level. Good luck to him

Surprised at Gary woods. Not surprised at Martin. Great ability on his day but those days were too few and far between. For the money he was likely to be on we just can't take the gamble that he will be out next season again.

Best of luck Gary and Martin and to the other released

I would probably have agreed with you about Ball except for the fact we're running an U-21 side next season.

Gary Woods- I think he needed to kick on this season and didn't. Said it all for me that Flynn preferred Sulli in the final two games even though Woods was fit. Martin Woods- good player on his day, even though I was never quite sure what was his best position. Injuries did for him, I'm afraid.

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on May 18, 2013, 09:40:11 am by streatham dave »

That isn't how football contracts work usually works
This seems the only logical reason for Harper not being on the list. He should be on one side of it or the other and is on neither. Unless we hear differently I would expect to see him back pre season. Leaving him about 5/6 weeks in total to impress the new manager. Might be his best chance of playing at a championship club next season. I'd rather he wasn't with us but you can't blame a guy for honouring his contract. He will be a free agent afterwards so has very little to lose.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 18, 2013, 09:51:33 am by roversdude »
Woods Gary I think we need to replace him to move on, I'm sure he will get a club pretty soon
Woods Martin never fulfilled his promise, shirked tackles and too tippy tappy, even before his injuries
Good luck to both though

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 18, 2013, 10:12:46 am by andyst79 »
Will never forget the goal Woods scored at forest one of the best Rovers goals I've ever seen, great build up followed by a sublime finish

Xtrarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 18, 2013, 06:51:57 pm by Xtrarover »
I'm very sorry to see Gary go but please lets be honest he is the next level, if anyone would like to disagree fine but really have a good authority on this. He will do well in league 1 and 2. No problems

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 18, 2013, 08:45:05 pm by roversam »
keh!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 18, 2013, 10:36:13 pm by normal rules »
Looking forward to a season of not having my heart in my mouth everytime the opposition gets near the goal.

Good luck to GW wherever he ends up.

pubteam

« Reply #45 on May 18, 2013, 10:39:04 pm by pubteam »
Looking forward to a season of not having my heart in my mouth everytime the opposition gets near the goal.

Good luck to GW wherever he ends up.

And good luck to wherever he ends up. :chair:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012