Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:18:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: James Harper!  (Read 5696 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: James Harper!
« Reply #30 on May 18, 2013, 01:59:40 pm by Wellred »
I know we are now in the silly season but get a grip some of you lot.
This thread gets more comical as more comments appear.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 18, 2013, 03:08:37 pm by SIRFRAN »
Dean Sauders, with the combined help of JR, gavin baldwin and flynn - put this squad together in a very short period of time! Cant really argue with the squad they put together in the summer, barely put a foot wrong in building this squad! Why do people focus so much on harper?? Instead of praising the numerous good decisions made at the same time eg: cotterill, jones, quinn, hume, paynter etc

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 18, 2013, 03:31:32 pm by Mr1Croft »
Last season when Harper joined Gavin Baldwin had been in the job a matter of months, with no real experience in football. If he played any part of Harper's contract it would have been on the assurances of Dean Saunders and his back room staff. Harper may have insisted on the clause. There are a lot we don't know here. We shouldn't be quick jumping on peoples back.

Lets face it, most of us saw mid table as a successful season 12 months ago.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 18, 2013, 04:37:48 pm by RoversAlias »
I'm not going to be up in arms about this because let's face it, what are the chances of him actually playing? New manager will take one look at him and realise he should be making the half time coffee.

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 18, 2013, 04:44:05 pm by Rovers-on-Thames »
It was Flynn who mis man-managed Harper TBH. He looked good in the first half of the season. Now that Flynn has gone Harper will flourish in the championship.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 18, 2013, 05:26:08 pm by LincsRover »
Really? You surely can't believe that - "Flourish in the Championship"????? I've been wrong before and will be wrong again in the future many times but if James Harper flourishes in the championship I will put on my boots and shorts and start playing again - I'm only 48 FFS and only stopped playing for a Lincolnshire Sunday league team 15 years ago so I could flourish in the championship!!

:facepalm:

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 18, 2013, 05:43:02 pm by Donnyrovers »
It was Flynn who mis man-managed Harper TBH. He looked good in the first half of the season. Now that Flynn has gone Harper will flourish in the championship.

Your not being serious are you? Harper would struggle to flourish in the conference never mind the championship.

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 18, 2013, 05:58:55 pm by Rovers-on-Thames »

Your not being serious are you? Harper would struggle to flourish in the conference never mind the championship.

In the late 1990s I was a performance director for British Cycling. I was one of the early pioneers of the turnaround of the sport and even taught Brailsford in a few seminar sessions when he was just starting out in the business. Some of the specific techniques I used involved personal psychological profiling and individual motivation schedules. This was totally revolutionary at the time but I don't like to brag about it tbh.

Flynn basically threw-out potentially one of best midfielders from the squad last season without any foresight. I think Harper could be that play-making holding midfielder we are looking for and potentially light up the championship next season. But it requires the right techniques to keep him motivated.

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 18, 2013, 06:18:08 pm by scaley back rover »
a good kick up the arse would be the technique i would use followed by some knees to chest for an hour on a crash mat. that technique is still used in my line of work and is called pain ascocited learning or in a more pc way character building

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 18, 2013, 06:23:35 pm by Donnyrovers »
Rovers-on-Thames the problem with Harper isn't psychological its because he's s***.

donnymatty

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 18, 2013, 06:31:06 pm by donnymatty »
If Harper can play for rovers so can I

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 18, 2013, 06:48:29 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Rovers-on-Thames with another profession. :lol:

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 18, 2013, 07:26:23 pm by DonnyNoel »
I know we are now in the silly season but get a grip some of you lot.
This thread gets more comical as more comments appear.

Agreed, on paper Harper was a decent signing and a one year deal with a second option isn't unheard of with players aged 30+ at this level. Throw into the equation our late winter injury crisis and we didn't really have a choice to play him. Why the gnashing of teeth? File under "one of those things" and hope we can get someone to take him off our hands. His head may be turned easily by a 2/3 year deal from another club.

Xtrarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 18, 2013, 07:47:15 pm by Xtrarover »
Not For championship
But when he puts a shift in he's good

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 18, 2013, 08:02:30 pm by wilts rover »

In the late 1990s I was a performance director for British Cycling. I was one of the early pioneers of the turnaround of the sport and even taught Brailsford in a few seminar sessions when he was just starting out in the business. Some of the specific techniques I used involved personal psychological profiling and individual motivation schedules. This was totally revolutionary at the time but I don't like to brag about it tbh.

Flynn basically threw-out potentially one of best midfielders from the squad last season without any foresight. I think Harper could be that play-making holding midfielder we are looking for and potentially light up the championship next season. But it requires the right techniques to keep him motivated.

Oh really I must know you then (or you must know me, one or the other). We shall have to get together when you get back from Uganda. Shame you weren't around when Ricky organised the Brentford Bike Ride, hopefully we shall be doing it again next year - you can show us how to do it properly eh.

British Cycling has had two Performance Directors since its inception - one of them is Dave Brailsford - go figure.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012