Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:54:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Manager decision imminent  (Read 8089 times)

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
Re: Manager decision imminent
« Reply #60 on May 18, 2013, 08:10:40 pm by LincolnDonny »
Why would we accept that it's one of them?? Maybe it will be but there's no evidence it will be at the minute..
The bookies don't have a clue, they proved that in January

no, there is evidence to suggest it will be one of them. John Ryan saying its down to 2, they are both bookies first and second favorite, people from Yorkshire post who have contacts saying them two have been interviewed and the daily mail a national newspaper already claiming Dickov has got the job. That could all turn out to be bullshit but atm its all there is and it strongly suggests it will be one of those two. What evidence do you have that suggests it will be someone completely different?

All your evidence is a bit tenuous though, isn't it?..

but thats all there is and all you can go on you cant just say it wont be any of them two when theres nothing to suggest it

I would think Appleton and Dickov at least KNOW where Doncaster is in Yorkshire.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on May 18, 2013, 08:12:30 pm by bedale rover »
i cannot understand why some people are wanting Phil Parkinson because he has had one good season at Bradford. He was a failure at Charlton in the championship so why would he be any better with us?

And ignore the fact that he got Colchester into the championship and took them to 8th place at the end of the first season before all the good players left

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on May 18, 2013, 08:23:58 pm by Akinfenwa »
And ignore the fact that he got Colchester into the championship and took them to 8th place at the end of the first season before all the good players left

Parkinson got Colchester promoted but he never managed them in the Championship.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on May 18, 2013, 08:25:26 pm by RoversAlias »
No, didn't he leave for Hull and proceed to get sacked 5 months into the season with the club in the bottom 3?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on May 18, 2013, 11:33:15 pm by Jonathan »
The process that SM describes is exactly as it should be. However, I cannot help but think that IF Dickov was to get the job after all of that, then it would call into question whether the process was anything more than lip-service or hot air. I hope and trust that's not the case.

It's very encouraging to hear that the club has such a structured and transparent process from which the new manager will be selected on merit. I'm confident that, assuming it's followed without prejudice or bias (and given the number of quality applicants), we will find a manager that ticks more boxes than Dickov would appear to.

If it is Dickov we can only get behind him and hope that he shows something that didn't seem to be there consistently at Oldham.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on May 19, 2013, 12:04:40 am by IDM »
So, if after all the processes then Dickov gets the job, are we going to be bombarded by folks on here claiming the interview process was a smokescreen all along?

I can't abide the "I told you so" sorts of comments we'll get. 

So what if it is Dickov?  So what if he did nowt special at Oldham, he MIGHT be the best fit for the board, so might Appleton, or anyone else.

Forget what they've done before, it's what they do with us that counts......

balbykiwirover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on May 19, 2013, 01:20:12 am by balbykiwirover »
As I've mentioned on another thread before I saw this one, I thought only 1 shortlisted candidate was not currently in a job - both Dickov and Appleton aren't. Also Mirror article says Appleton wanted to replace Pearce as England u21 coach.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on May 19, 2013, 07:50:34 am by colincramb »
Personally I would be quite happy with dickov. From what I've read he's very highly regarded in coaching 'circles' and is a very hard grafter. I also thought that Oldham played some good football when they played us at the KM.

There's part of me that thinks this has been on the cards for months. Is it a co-incidence that we ended up with their captain? (although he hasn't signed yet). Interesting thought.

Wello

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on May 19, 2013, 08:36:13 am by Wello »
I think someone has already got the job, why would you release players and make decisions like that? i'm certain someone has been appointed and this is just a smoke screen, all this interview malarky. when has JR ever had a interview stage he just goes out and gets his man. there's only Grayson who half fits that 18 point critera, no one else is close.

the club said before flynn was in there were interview on the tuesday and then the players played hell up and said just put flynn in charge as he's already he and knows the drills, why change something and it all prove worthwhile.

lets get behind the new boss, cos god knows next season is going to have more lows than highs it's a tough league but if we get the right men in and start playing somewhere near what we can then I think we will be fine.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on May 19, 2013, 08:41:53 am by The Red Baron »
I thought initially that Dickov was the smokescreen because they had someone else lined up whose name they wanted to keep shtum!

Ah well, we'll know some time Tuesday.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on May 19, 2013, 08:43:17 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think someone has already got the job, why would you release players and make decisions like that? i'm certain someone has been appointed and this is just a smoke screen, all this interview malarky. when has JR ever had a interview stage he just goes out and gets his man. there's only Grayson who half fits that 18 point critera, no one else is close.

the club said before flynn was in there were interview on the tuesday and then the players played hell up and said just put flynn in charge as he's already he and knows the drills, why change something and it all prove worthwhile.

lets get behind the new boss, cos god knows next season is going to have more lows than highs it's a tough league but if we get the right men in and start playing somewhere near what we can then I think we will be fine.

I'm sure between Flynn and the board they can make sensible decisions on who to keep though, I don't think it's rocket science for most of the decisions they make sense.

Wello

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on May 19, 2013, 08:44:32 am by Wello »
good point that baron pal.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on May 19, 2013, 08:46:18 am by MiKA »
I agree, for me the new manager is virtually in place, JR will know who he wants and will be confident of getting him.  I do think though that the other candidates chosen, especially the one who becomes free after today's games, will be given the chance to sell themselves and see what extra (if anything) they can bring.

Is this me just being optimistic! hopefully not, just going on how normally JR works.

What is certain though is that JR like us wants what's best for the club and that's why I remain confident.

Please not Appleton though    :)   

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on May 19, 2013, 08:52:14 am by MrFrost »
As I've mentioned on another thread before I saw this one, I thought only 1 shortlisted candidate was not currently in a job - both Dickov and Appleton aren't. Also Mirror article says Appleton wanted to replace Pearce as England u21 coach.

The ratio of managers out of work has changed.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on May 19, 2013, 08:55:41 am by The Red Baron »
according to JR down to 2 candidates looks like Appleton or Dickov massively dissapointed

Funny, I don't read it like that at all. If the timetable SM referred to is correct they will have seen three of the four candidates. Sounds to me like they've discarded two, were impressed by one and are waiting till tomorrow when they interview the final one. So it may be one of Dickov and Appleton (or may be someone else) plus the guy who couldn't attend until tomorrow.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012