Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:13:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Interesting stats  (Read 1229 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Interesting stats
« on May 18, 2013, 09:15:09 pm by BobG »
If this Wiki entry is reasonably accurate - and it clearly has not yet been updated with the results this season - it shows some interesting stuff.  Chief among the points of interest being that the Rovers have won the third division championship more times than any other club, ever. I didn't know that. Bit short on the second tier championships though....

Cheers

BobG

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: Interesting stats
« Reply #1 on May 18, 2013, 09:26:30 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Hi Bob. Somehow this message got wiped when I tried to do a link!

I have put up this and some related stats a few times, and put some in Viva's Fanzine. There was a thread on here from April 29 which I tried to link with a lot of stats:

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=239346.0

We are all time leaders of Tier 3+4 Titles with 7 (they have been renamed so many times that for example Division 2 could mean tier 2, 3 or 4). Our nearest challengers with 5 titles are Brighton, Brentford, Chesterfield, Notts County and Plymouth

« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:32:58 pm by Dutch Uncle »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 18, 2013, 09:34:44 pm by BobG »
Thank you Brian. I thought I read all your edifying stats - but I've clearly missed that one. Or I was in neutral maybe?

Anyway, 5 times champs of tier 3! Not bad. And 1 national cup as well :)

Cheers

Bob

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 18, 2013, 09:39:49 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Cheers Bob

Actually the confusion created by the Divisions' renumbering obscures that fact that we have actually won Tier 3 only 4 times (3 times as Div 3 North and this last season). We have won Tier 4 on three occasions - twice in the 1960's when it was called Division 4 and the last time in 2003-4 when it was called Division 3 - I think this has been wrongly counted as a Tier 3 title.

In a real sense last season was the highest level title we have ever won since it can be argued that the Regionalised Divisions 3 North and South were half a Division/Tier lower.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:42:22 pm by Dutch Uncle »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 18, 2013, 09:45:13 pm by BobG »
Oh Lord... Good job I qualified my OP then!

Better not tell that to a Manc friend of mine. I emailed him half an hour back boasting! :(:(:(

Bob

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 18, 2013, 10:12:08 pm by hoolahoop »
Hi Bob. Somehow this message got wiped when I tried to do a link!

I have put up this and some related stats a few times, and put some in Viva's Fanzine. There was a thread on here from April 29 which I tried to link with a lot of stats:

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=239346.0

We are all time leaders of Tier 3+4 Titles with 7 (they have been renamed so many times that for example Division 2 could mean tier 2, 3 or 4). Our nearest challengers with 5 titles are Brighton, Brentford, Chesterfield, Notts County and Plymouth

Pwoper results  eh from a pwoperly run club. Well done Rovers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012