Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:47:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brentford  (Read 3346 times)

Mattwak3

Brentford
« on May 19, 2013, 01:43:28 pm by Mattwak3 »
Losing 1-0 to Yeovil already

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: Brentford
« Reply #1 on May 19, 2013, 01:46:34 pm by MachoMadness »
Quality strike from Madden to give them the lead though. He's destined for big things. Outside of the right foot from 20 yards, if Rooney scored it we'd never hear the end of it.

Mattwak3

« Reply #2 on May 19, 2013, 02:14:52 pm by Mattwak3 »
Hayter's just scored

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 19, 2013, 02:15:55 pm by MachoMadness »
Hayter scores again.

E: Or does he? Not sure he got a touch on that, he didn't look like he claimed it either.

Funny bit of trivia: if Yeovil go up today Hayter will played for and won promotion with all three promoted teams in League One this season.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 19, 2013, 02:24:44 pm by Dutch Uncle »
And via the playoffs each time

Great spot MM

Mattwak3

« Reply #5 on May 19, 2013, 02:31:05 pm by Mattwak3 »
After watching it again, it isn't Hayter's

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 19, 2013, 02:39:10 pm by wilts rover »
Nice interview with Hayter in yesterdays WDP, very complimentary about his time at Rovers and that goal in particular, although the journalist has clearly never seen it 'climbing high from a corner'!

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/James-Hayter-hopes-career-high-Wembley-Yeovil/story-19020209-detail/story.html#axzz2TkHLXwfE

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 19, 2013, 02:42:53 pm by Woodhead Passer »
2-1, a Hayter-esque goal from Brentford

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 19, 2013, 02:51:37 pm by MiKA »
I'm gutted we're not involved today  .............................. not      :pinch:   :lol: 

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 19, 2013, 03:27:36 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Bet they are even more pissed of with Trotta now

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 19, 2013, 03:29:55 pm by Filo »
Bet they are even more pissed of with Trotta now

Trotta won`t care, he wanted the glory and it backfired, he`ll return to Fulham and not give a shit about Brentford

MartinB

« Reply #11 on May 19, 2013, 03:30:09 pm by MartinB »
Bogey team follow us again  :crying:

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 19, 2013, 03:34:34 pm by MachoMadness »
Richard Lee biting his tongue to avoid crying and calling Yeovil prehistoric hoofballers for daring to beat that slick, wonderful, paragon of fair play and total football Brentford.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 19, 2013, 03:34:56 pm by RobTheRover »
I wonder what shifty excuses Richard Lee will come up with in his column this time.

PMSL at Brentford.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 19, 2013, 03:41:26 pm by glosterred »
Is it just me or is this bigging up Yeovil getting on other peoples t1ts. 10 years ago Yeovil promoted to the League and now in the Championship - well hang on a minute 10 years ago we came up via the play offs, followed that by winning the league the next year and well we all know the story from there. So a bit more credit to where it is deserved Sky and BBC

COYR

P.S. Soap box has now been put away

:crying:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 19, 2013, 04:10:12 pm by MrFrost »
Brentford muppets proper scraping the barrel on their forum now.
Play offs aren't fair.
Top 3 teams should go up.
One of our defenders stepped into the box before Trotta took his penalty and it should have been retaken.

Blah, blah, blah.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 19, 2013, 04:10:59 pm by RedJ »
Is it just me or is this bigging up Yeovil getting on other peoples t1ts. 10 years ago Yeovil promoted to the League and now in the Championship - well hang on a minute 10 years ago we came up via the play offs, followed that by winning the league the next year and well we all know the story from there. So a bit more credit to where it is deserved Sky and BBC

COYR

I think it's due to the fact that Yeovil have never been to the second tier in their history and have only spent the last ten years in their entire existence in the Football League.

But I see what you're saying.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 19, 2013, 04:11:56 pm by MrFrost »

COYR

I have posted elsewhere - it was barely mentioned that we rose from non league to second tier in the space of 5 years.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 19, 2013, 04:14:01 pm by les@donr »
MrF, you are right. However, this is Yeovil's first time in the Championship, we've been in the second tier before, even though it was 50 years ago.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 19, 2013, 04:15:08 pm by les@donr »
I wonder how Trotta is feeling, he won't be getting any Christmas cards from any of the Brentford squad any time soon.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 19, 2013, 04:16:57 pm by MachoMadness »
Play offs aren't fair.
One of our defenders stepped into the box before Trotta took his penalty and it should have been retaken.

Blah, blah, blah.

I read one that made me laugh after we went up, about how our fans were celebrating "lacking class and decorum"... because it's not like we should be overjoyed by one of the most incredible finishes to a season in history and had the penalty gone in their fans would have given us a respectful round of applause instead of going bonkers.

Anyway, on us not being mentioned, to be fair I don't see why they should mention us when we're basically seen as a Championship club by most now, certainly one of the bigger L1 teams. We haven't been thought of as a non-league club punching above their weight for years now. We're a victim of our own success in that way. And it's not like, on the biggest day of Yeovil's history, they're going to say "well, this is impressive, but not quite as impressive as when Donny Rovers did it in half the time, sorry Yeovil".

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 19, 2013, 04:17:10 pm by scaley back rover »
no but trotta will get many of us sending him one. he is the most loved rovers fans player who has never played for rovers

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 19, 2013, 04:19:45 pm by les@donr »
Maybe he will join us next season. But don't let him take any pens.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 19, 2013, 04:21:30 pm by MrFrost »
Play offs aren't fair.

Blah, blah, blah.

I read one that made me laugh after we went up, about how our fans were celebrating "lacking class and decorum"... because it's not like we should be overjoyed by one of the most incredible finishes to a season in history and had the penalty gone in their fans would have given us a respectful round of applause instead of going bonkers.

Anyway, on us not being mentioned, to be fair I don't see why they should mention us when we're basically seen as a Championship club by most now, certainly one of the bigger L1 teams. We haven't been thought of as a non-league club punching above their weight for years now. We're a victim of our own success in that way. And it's not like, on the biggest day of Yeovil's history, they're going to say "well, this is impressive, but not quite as impressive as when Donny Rovers did it in half the time, sorry Yeovil".

How did our celebrations lack class? We went mental. What did they expect?!

It's not as if all 1800 invaded the pitch, went up to the home terrace and goaded them is it?

Big MAC

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 19, 2013, 04:27:03 pm by Big MAC »
IF we strugglei to compete in the championshilp with our crowds how are Yeovil going to cope, it said they averaged 2.5 k this season.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 19, 2013, 04:28:34 pm by southwestexile »
I for one am very happy to see Yeovil go up, lots of local banter, a local game and the £35 returns from the bookies.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 19, 2013, 04:31:09 pm by MrFrost »
IF we strugglei to compete in the championshilp with our crowds how are Yeovil going to cope, it said they averaged 2.5 k this season.

That's not true, they averaged 4072.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 19, 2013, 05:50:23 pm by LincsRover »
So wanted Yeovil to win - happy for Hayter, Webster and that we won't be the smallest team in the Championship next season!

:rtid:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012