Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 03:28:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Croft  (Read 17943 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Croft
« Reply #60 on June 02, 2013, 10:09:47 pm by PDX_Rover »
Christ there are some doom merchants on here.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 02, 2013, 10:13:57 pm by rtid88 »
Croft in to replace Bennett hopefully! Bennett has not done enough to be getting anywhere near the 1st eleven! Croft has been in the Championship and did well! Plus is meant to be a real character in the dressing room! Sounds like a great signing to me!! Bring in Wellens and Baxter and then all we need is a pacey centre back and a goalkeeper!!

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on June 02, 2013, 10:37:56 pm by Al4475 »
He's always impressed me on the few occasions he's played against us - that's good enough for me!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on June 02, 2013, 10:39:32 pm by IDM »
You know you've won the debate when people start reverting to insults and pointing out grammatical mistakes (even though they are not).

You think 'and' can't start a sentence. Ha ha. Whomper.

I could school you on the evolution of english grammar but I won't because I am the bigger man. But I will say this. I am someone who has written two novels in his lifetime and written for multiple national newspapers on critical issues. Although my books didn't do well commercially (due mainly to poor marketing and me not wanting to sell out my principles), at literary festivals up and down the country they got a staggering response. At one said event, Bill Oddie and James May from Top Gear were promoting their autobiographies and had read my 2nd book and described it as (and these are their words not mine) "A thinking mans harry potter". Sadly, I don't write as much as I used to due to the accident in the Manx TT race last year, but one thing that cannot be doubted is my literary talent and grasp of the english language.

"How to make yourself look a complete tit, in 3 easy stages"

I'm sure that was one of them, can't remember the other, oh wait, I think it is "total b*llocks"

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on June 02, 2013, 11:25:48 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Personally from the outside looking in,on signing Croft i'd say no thanks,he seems from my limited knowledge of him,a player who was a good player three or four years ago,but do i know as much about him as Dickov,no would be the answer,the pluses for him he's played at a higher level,and we will need a mix of up and coming players,and players that know what's needed at the level.

It could turn out a shrewd signing,it does seem a bit silly having a collection of right wingers,but maybe he's thinking of moving some on,Bennett we've waited and waited and very little has come from him,either Dickov will get the ability out of him,or he's maybe never going to do it for us,and has to move on,age doesn't matter if he isn't doing it he will have to go.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on June 02, 2013, 11:53:45 pm by rover-n-out »
I think RoT's first book was titled,   "How To Beat The Breathalyser In One Easy Lesson".

His follow up book if I remember correctly was titled,   "Walks In The Yorkshire Dales".

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on June 03, 2013, 08:26:12 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Just shows you where Dickov's priorities are though! I'm not debating Lee Croft's quality, ability, however you want to put it, but, we are in need of a decent 'keeper, a prolific goalscorer and I thought the first lad he'd sign up from Oldham would be Furman!?

When Dickov was appointed two weeks ago, John Ryan said in his statement that, "The list of players he (PD) has put forward is unbelievable for DRFC", I'm sorry, but if that's the calibre we've to look forward too, then I'm as disappointed as I was when Dickov was unveiled!

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on June 03, 2013, 08:51:01 am by LincsRover »
You know you've won the debate when people start reverting to insults and pointing out grammatical mistakes (even though they are not).

I could school you on the evolution of english grammar but I won't because I am the bigger man. But I will say this. I am someone who has written two novels in his lifetime and written for multiple national newspapers on critical issues. Although my books didn't do well commercially (due mainly to poor marketing and me not wanting to sell out my principles), at literary festivals up and down the country they got a staggering response. At one said event, Bill Oddie and James May from Top Gear were promoting their autobiographies and had read my 2nd book and described it as (and these are their words not mine) "A thinking mans harry potter". Sadly, I don't write as much as I used to due to the accident in the Manx TT race last year, but one thing that cannot be doubted is my literary talent and grasp of the english language.

Genius.  Just genius.

All this and still you find time to learn/teach Swahili on youtube.  Your time management skills are exemplary, RoT

And don't forget shaving Ben Fogle's ball sack.

:that: Let's also not forget about teaching David Brailsford everything he knows about cycling and coaching!

:coat:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on June 03, 2013, 09:02:27 am by Filo »
Just shows you where Dickov's priorities are though! I'm not debating Lee Croft's quality, ability, however you want to put it, but, we are in need of a decent 'keeper, a prolific goalscorer and I thought the first lad he'd sign up from Oldham would be Furman!?

When Dickov was appointed two weeks ago, John Ryan said in his statement that, "The list of players he (PD) has put forward is unbelievable for DRFC", I'm sorry, but if that's the calibre we've to look forward too, then I'm as disappointed as I was when Dickov was unveiled!

That statement sums you up, you`re not and were never going to give Dickov a chance. Do you think we have to sign players in order of priority? or would it not be better to sign players as and when they become available?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on June 03, 2013, 10:34:23 am by dickos1 »

Another ridiculous statement, how on earth do you know we're not signing a goalkeeper and a striker, means nowt what order they come in. Just an excuse to have a go, which makes you look daft

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on June 03, 2013, 11:04:52 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
We'll see, I've never said I'm not going to give Dickov a chance, just you lot who think you're the epitomy of everything good about DRFC jumping on the 'we hate doom mongers' bandwagon! I don't see the point in signing Lee Croft, when we have David Cotterill, Copps, Kyle Bennett etc, etc.

Like an Oldham fan  said on Twitter yesterday, "he's a godd bloke and his tactics will come good for 6 months at least, after that he's clueless, he also has al these promises and talks a good game, but the hype will die after so long and you'll be disappointed"

neil grainger

« Reply #71 on June 03, 2013, 11:13:47 am by neil grainger »

Like an Oldham fan  said on Twitter yesterday, "he's a godd bloke and his tactics will come good for 6 months at least, after that he's clueless, he also has al these promises and talks a good game, but the hype will die after so long and you'll be disappointed"

Oh well, that's that then.

We're all doomed

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on June 03, 2013, 11:15:58 am by roversam »
well said Neil, he takes notice what an Oldham fan says, it says it all really.

MartinB

« Reply #73 on June 03, 2013, 11:17:44 am by MartinB »
I too questioned the potential signing of Croft due to the amount of right sided midfielders we already have, however what I do know is that I know nothing...there are people employed to look after the stuff that I know nothing about...which is a lot!

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on June 03, 2013, 11:27:33 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »

We're all doomed

I never said we were doomed either! Just stating what a football fan from the only other team he has managed at had to say about him.

Although, a few Oldham fnas did say Croft would work his cock off, week-in, week-out. We're not doomed after all!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on June 03, 2013, 12:10:42 pm by RedJ »

We're all doomed

I never said we were doomed either! Just stating what a football fan from the only other team he has managed at had to say about him.

Although, a few Oldham fnas did say Croft would work his cock off, week-in, week-out. We're not doomed after all!

Aye they were dead right about Furman and Wellens eh.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on June 03, 2013, 12:15:47 pm by RoversAlias »
That is exactly why I take everything Oldham and believe the opposite. I want their fans to say an upcoming signing from them is shit because it means he's actually excellent.

Some really daft people on this forum at times, I swear some want us to fail. They're underwhelmed by Dickov coming in so cannot wait to find any excuse to slate him. The man has been in charge for 2 weeks, it isn't even pre-season yet and already he is being written off. Just like we always complain the media do to our club.

If we sign Lee Croft this week, does that mean we just won't bother signing a goalie? Does the statement 'there are some unbelievable players he wants to bring in' mean we have to exclusively sign massive international stars? The answer to both of those questions is a resounding no. Folk need to start thinking straight.

Alonzo Drake

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on June 03, 2013, 12:35:37 pm by Alonzo Drake »
If this is the caliber of player we are attempting to sign then I am sorry but Dickov will slowly run the gains this club has made into the ground. What has happened to Dickov's and Flynn's infamously long lists? Have they gone missing? Has the pen gone missing as well?

#clubincrisis

For Chirst Sakes MF, just go away. Spend your time and resources on a better therapist, or on more effective medications. Stop destroying this forum.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on June 03, 2013, 01:08:31 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
If this is the caliber of player we are attempting to sign then I am sorry but Dickov will slowly run the gains this club has made into the ground. What has happened to Dickov's and Flynn's infamously long lists? Have they gone missing? Has the pen gone missing as well?

#clubincrisis

For Chirst Sakes MF, just go away. Spend your time and resources on a better therapist, or on more effective medications. Stop destroying this forum.

Haha. You old drama queen. :)

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on June 03, 2013, 01:16:19 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »

We're all doomed

[/b]

So, judging by your train of thought, Oldham fans are polar opposite wrong with their opinions on Lee Croft? This meaning my doubting of Dickov signing this bloke is correct and he won't work his nuts off for us week-in, week-out!?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on June 03, 2013, 01:19:38 pm by RedJ »

We're all doomed

[/b]

So, judging by your train of thought, Oldham fans are polar opposite wrong with their opinions on Lee Croft? This meaning my doubting of Dickov signing this bloke is correct and he won't work his nuts off for us week-in, week-out!?

No but you also can't take what they say at face value.

We've seen what Croft can do and you don't get player of the season for nothing, yet you're doubting him and Dickov before we've even kicked a ball in anger.

Ridiculous. Give the man a f**king chance.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on June 03, 2013, 01:20:05 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
I'll believe him when I'm sat in him.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on June 03, 2013, 01:25:01 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »

We're all doomed

[/b]

We've seen what Croft can do and you don't get player of the season for nothing, yet you're doubting him and Dickov before we've even kicked a ball in anger.

Ridiculous. Give the man a f***ing chance.

Like I said earlier, I'm NOT doubting Lee Croft's ability, I've seen what he can do at Man City, Derby County and three times this season for Oldham. I was getting at, why have we signed a RM/RW, when we have David Cotterill and Copps, and Kyle Bennett if he's on his game!? I have never slated Dickov and I am willing to give him a chance, after all, he's still got two-and-a-half/three months to build and organise the team how he wants! Maybe to win a few doubters over, he should have made a 'keeper his first signing or even tied Tommy Spurr down to a new contract.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on June 03, 2013, 01:31:43 pm by Al4475 »
You know what?

Dickov has been in the job for two weeks, players are on breaks, Croft (it looks like) is ready for a move and if he's coming here good luck to the lad - he's always looked good when I've seen him play against us (as said earlier in the thread.) Everyone in the know has said that Dickov's contacts are good, he talks a good game, he was a good player in his day and all that palava - can we please just let him find his feet and get on with his new job before castigating him as the devil incarnate or the messiah!

How about we just see over the next coupla weeks or so see how things begin to pan out before jumping on any bandwagon?

Yeah in some eyes many of us were underwhelmed with his appointment. The Oldham fans are split on whether he was any good or not, they'll all (mostly) say Croft is a good player (as he was their player of the season,) Furman came to us and did a great job, people are salivating at the possible prospect of RW arriving back!

We can do feck all about anything (unless we're VSC - and then we can make a tiny bit of difference.)

JR knows what he's doing! If Dickov is the board's choice (and it would seem he was otherwise someone else would be in charge) and he thinks Lee Croft would be a good addition to the squad - who are we to argue at this early stage - christ, a ball hasn't even been pumped up in anger yet - nevermind kicked.

I (over the years) have disagreed with many appointments/signing the club have made, but in the end (certainly over recent years) the club continue to prove doubters wrong! This is bound to continue! They know the score! We (as much as we think do) generally do not!

Let sleeping dogs lie and see where we are as the season closes in on us! 

GM-MarkB

« Reply #84 on June 03, 2013, 01:43:13 pm by GM-MarkB »
Dear RoT

You said....

Dickov has no experience of managing a club with the expectations like ours. He's simply out of depth and already stringing half-truths the public ("I'll be working tonight" - well, where's the evidence Paul?)

Then followed it up with...

Pre-season is the single most important period for any club (especially a small championship club like ours). If we don't get the right players in now we basically mess up the whole season. Judging Dickov on results will then be pointless.

So...what are our expectations ??

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on June 03, 2013, 01:51:33 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Do well on a small budget.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on June 03, 2013, 01:56:13 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Do well on a small budget.

What is "doing well"?  Avoiding relegation?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on June 03, 2013, 01:57:24 pm by RedJ »

We're all doomed

[/b]

Ridiculous. Give the man a f***ing chance.

Like I said earlier, I'm NOT doubting Lee Croft's ability, I've seen what he can do at Man City, Derby County and three times this season for Oldham. I was getting at, why have we signed a RM/RW, when we have David Cotterill and Copps, and Kyle Bennett if he's on his game!? I have never slated Dickov and I am willing to give him a chance, after all, he's still got two-and-a-half/three months to build and organise the team how he wants! Maybe to win a few doubters over, he should have made a 'keeper his first signing or even tied Tommy Spurr down to a new contract.

Can't sign a keeper if the one we're after's not out of contract yet.. and for all we know we've been in talks with agents.

Just because you haven't heard doesn't mean it isn't happening, and we can only sign what's out there anyway.

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on June 04, 2013, 02:23:32 am by Orlandokarla »

As they say over here, "Dude, great story!"  :thumbsup:

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on June 04, 2013, 06:22:18 am by PDX_Rover »
We're doomed. Doomed and entombed.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012