Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 02:50:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rossington Main Match Info (inc. parking, tickets etc)  (Read 2209 times)

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
A bit of info from Rossington Main for people ahead of tomorrow's friendly.

Kick-off is 7:30pm, though with one turnstile for the ground it would be wise not to leave arrival too late.

Tickets for the match are £6 adults and £3 concessions

They can be purchased from the Keepmoat Stadium as well as the following locations in Rossington; The Welfare, Labour Club, Top Club, Officials Club, Poacher and Styrrup pubs

The club encourages folk to get their tickets in advance where possible to avoid long queues at the turnstiles, though if sales are not as expected then pay-on-the-gate will be available.

We have a full bar and refreshments available along with a Bar-b-que.

PARKING
The car-park at the ground is reserved for players, club officials and blue-badge holders only. Please do not drive to the gates expecting to park, similarly for the benefit of local residents please do not park on Oxford Street and adjacent residential streets.

Instead car-parking is available at;
- The Welfare (postcode: DN11 0DU)
- West End Lane lay-by (postcode: DN11 0TN*)
- Pheasant Bank Junior School (postcode: DN11 0TN*)
There will be stewards present,  identified by Hi-Vis vests, to direct you to the car parks and then onto the ground.

As well as the newly extended tea-hut and bar the club also intend to have additional facilities for refreshments available including a barbecue.

Match programmes are £1.50; a belting 40 pages with less than three of those taken up by adverts. Please do pick one up and take advantage of refreshments in the ground, as these fairly minimal expenses for you can go along way to helping clubs like Rossington in the future.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible.

(*these postcodes will take you past the location on a Sat nav)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 04:01:18 pm by VivaRovers »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Rossington Main Match Info (inc. parking, tickets etc)
« Reply #1 on July 08, 2013, 02:00:44 pm by Red Rover »
Just going to turn up, I'm sure I'll get one on the door, Rosso aren't going to refuse my money

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 08, 2013, 02:11:22 pm by VivaRovers »
No they're not, but as per the message above, it would be helpful to both the club and all other attending if people can buy tickets in advance wherever possible.

wardy16

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 08, 2013, 02:17:02 pm by wardy16 »
Do you have a postcode for any of the car parks?

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 08, 2013, 04:01:48 pm by VivaRovers »
I've added the postcodes into the initial post

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 08, 2013, 04:42:36 pm by RobTheRover »
Pheasant Bank is the school directly ahead of you as you pass Rosso swimming baths. There should be plenty of parking there and the ground is just 200 yards away,  over the other side of West End Lane.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 08, 2013, 05:01:52 pm by VivaRovers »
There is indeed Rob... which is why the club have arranged it, so there will be no need for people to park on Oxford Street or at the ground.

johnmagson

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 08, 2013, 05:29:45 pm by johnmagson »
ill be there

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 08, 2013, 05:32:11 pm by RobTheRover »
Me too

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 09, 2013, 01:35:17 pm by VivaRovers »
The social media users amongst you may wish to like Rossington Main on Facebook and/or follow @RossingtonMain on twitter as they'll be putting up pictures of the ground this afternoon and the match tonight. Though of course you'll all be there later so that won't matter.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 09, 2013, 01:37:24 pm by RobTheRover »
Glen, is there a charge for parking at Pheasant Bank?  It was free parking at Frickley, so was just wondering.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 09, 2013, 02:20:45 pm by Filo »
Glen, is there a charge for parking at Pheasant Bank?  It was free parking at Frickley, so was just wondering.

Chuffing hell Rob, you had a long walk from Pheasant Bank to Frickley!

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 09, 2013, 02:31:07 pm by VivaRovers »
Yes, Parking at the locations identified above is free

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 10, 2013, 12:26:07 am by RobTheRover »
I enjoyed the programme, Glen.  A good read.  And it wouldn't be a lower league programme without the ubiquitous spelling mistakes.....

;)

BTW, I had a good chat with your Dad.  I dont think he remembered me from school (which I take to be a good thing).  He's hardly changed in the 25+ years since I last saw him.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 10, 2013, 05:54:33 am by idler »
Anybody know how many we're there and did Rosso look to be making some decent cash out of it?  I :scarf:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 10, 2013, 05:59:23 am by idler »
Sorry I've just seen the other thread where it seems like 600-700ish. Some decent cash for them with catering profits as well.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 10, 2013, 12:39:25 pm by VivaRovers »
The committee haven't done a full count up yet as we ran out of adult ticket stubs on the gate to give to those coming in so need to work it out from the money taken instead.

Early indications point to 800+ but I'll get an exact figure later in the week. But as pointed out elsewhere plenty of money taken on the raffle, programme, club-house and barbecue too. It all makes a huge difference at Rossington which is run completely by volunteers, with players not being paid.

A lot of work has been done on the ground this summer and it was great to hear so many people being complimentary in regards to the facilities and the pitch last night, and the result has certainly given the players a boost too.

Thanks to all who were able to make it down, and when you can't make it to a Rovers game next season, or they don't have one, you'll certainly be made welcome down Oxford Street again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012