Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 11:44:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: High profile trialist or 2?  (Read 2800 times)

karldew

• Forum Member
High profile trialist or 2?
« on July 17, 2013, 01:06:14 pm by karldew »
@paulgoodwinDFP: #DRFC in action in Portugal today, could be one or two high profile trialists. Perhaps explains foreign trip, away from the public glare.

Wonder if this is just made up seen as nothing new has happened in the last couple of days?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: High profile trialist or 2?
« Reply #1 on July 17, 2013, 01:08:12 pm by RobTheRover »
I think a more pertinent question is how has Paul Goodwin managed to wangle a free holiday to Portugal? ;)

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 17, 2013, 01:18:28 pm by Lipsy »
He doesn't imply that he's in Portugal. It's just speculation... He suggest/implies that DRFC's trip to Portugal (and the behind closed doors games) would allow high profile trialists to play. Yeah, whatever... It could be that. It could also be that, like a number of other Championship clubs, they're just playing overseas in the closed season.

Awesome use of the words "could" and "perhaps". Those words tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about Paul Goodwin's tweet.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 17, 2013, 01:30:37 pm by RobTheRover »
Old journo tricks,  eh Lipsy? ;)

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 17, 2013, 01:43:39 pm by Lipsy »
I have no idea what you mean.  ;)

But yes, I see those effin' tweets and they make me grumpy - blatant speculation that is designed to get people talking. People can use twitter how they want, but a good portion of folks read certain folk's tweets as gospel, and then it becomes tantamount to Chinese whispers. How many players have we been linked with? It seems like all of them, and it's getting silly. Even Goodwin's tweet about Wellens is textbook nonsense:

"I'm told (Who told him? The club? A man on the street? It came to him in a vision? God spoke to him?)#DRFC could be (might not be) set to revive their interest in Richie Wellens, following injury to Mark De Val Fernandez."

This heat - though lovely - doesn't help my grumpiness, either.  :)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 17, 2013, 01:45:24 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I have no idea what you mean.  ;)

But yes, I see those effin' tweets and they make me grumpy - blatant speculation that is designed to get people talking. People can use twitter how they want, but a good portion of folks read certain folk's tweets as gospel, and then it becomes tantamount to Chinese whispers. How many players have we been linked with? It seems like all of them, and it's getting silly. Even Goodwin's tweet about Wellens is textbook nonsense:

I'm told (Who told him? The club? A man on the street? It came to him in a vision? God spoke to him?)#DRFC could be (might not be) set to revive their interest in Richie Wellens, following injury to Mark De Val Fernandez.

This heat - though lovely - doesn't help my grumpiness, either.  :)

I'm all for it actually.  Creates talking points, free marketing for the club and keeps us interested over the summer.  It's the twonks who complain that a rumour doesn't become a full on signing within 20 seconds that annoy me.  Some think that these contracts are taking ages to sort out, maybe they've outsourced HR and it takes 2-3 months to come back correctly ;)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 17, 2013, 02:16:49 pm by ravenrover »
Let's face it PD only announced the players he would be taking from DRFC with him on the trip, he didn't say how many others would join up with them out there! It's really only wishful thinking on my behalf, but who knows?

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 17, 2013, 02:57:20 pm by Lipsy »
The PR is great, of course. However, I get a little fed up with people not seeing these tweets for what they are. As soon as certain folk tweet, a great number of other people are whipped up into a frenzy by unconfirmed nonsense. It's just plain daft.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 17, 2013, 03:27:48 pm by Lipsy »
So, if we are to believe the DROS site then there weren't any "secret" trialists today. Of course, if there were then they might not mention it, but still.

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/portimonense-925069.aspx

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 17, 2013, 04:03:23 pm by dknward2 »
That also says maxted played in goal for the whole so i guess kello is either injured or we have decided against him or another million other reasons

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 17, 2013, 04:31:32 pm by Lipsy »
Indeed. Maybe we're, in effect, trialling Maxted? Who knows?

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 17, 2013, 07:27:07 pm by boro_rover »
Perhaps tey are the only subs they are telling us about.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 17, 2013, 07:30:07 pm by Lipsy »
Yes indeed. I suggested as much in a previous thread. Fair play to 'em if that's the case.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012