Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 06:38:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Statement required  (Read 19020 times)

colincramb

• Forum Member
Re: Statement required
« Reply #90 on July 23, 2013, 05:01:24 pm by colincramb »
My post wasn't about telling people to shut up and clap. It was about the perceived ability for people to consistently put the club down on all matters. It's almost as if some get some kind of strange enjoyment out of it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on July 23, 2013, 05:01:50 pm by IDM »
Having, and discussing on the forum, genuine concerns is one thing.  Over reacting and judging and apportioning blame without factual knowledge is another.  I just think there is too much negativity on her - not saying there shouldn't be debate.

South West Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on July 23, 2013, 05:05:02 pm by South West Rover »
I think the worst part of this thread is the title.  It sounds so arrogant and demanding.  Seriously OP, why do you think that you have any right to a statement from the club?  They will tell you as much or as little as they wish, when they are good and ready.

Or, save up your pennies, make a huge investment in the club and get a place on the board.  You will then at least be the first to know of any developments (but probably as powerless as the rest of us to do anything if all this nonsense is due to agents buggering about).

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on July 23, 2013, 05:06:51 pm by GloucesterRover31 »
Incredibly frustrating to seemingly miss out to one of our biggest rivals in this fashion, but given PD's statement I don't think there can be any complaints! I just really hope this allows us to go for someone like wellens! Don't listen to Leicester fans any player that goes there seems to go rapidly down hill, I mean look at Matt mills, kasper schmichelle! Mvoto not signing isn't the end of the world, far from it! Investment for a new keeper and current players not signing that spells danger! I more infuriated about the shambles of the open evening! This had detracted from that!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on July 23, 2013, 05:10:49 pm by hoolahoop »
I'm speechless at how people are so quick to slag off the club they are supposed to support. I really can't get my head around it. I'm not just talking about this incident, although its a prime example, but it appears to be anything they can use as an opportunity to have a dig. It's cringeworthy at best but 90% of the time it's based without having full knowledge of any facts!

If its not about signing a player, it's because the kit isn't ready! Wear last seasons until it comes! If its not the kit it's the concourses. If its not that it's because there is some conspiracy to lie to the fans. Don't know about others, but it gets me down!

Not sure what they are trying to achieve

What a load of crap, it's time you and folk like you stopped accepting the 'Conference' level approach to running our club.
You are just perpetuating that sort of ethos and it's hightime it changed. 10 days before the start of the season and everyone has a right to feel disgruntled.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on July 23, 2013, 05:13:16 pm by hoolahoop »
I think the worst part of this thread is the title.  It sounds so arrogant and demanding.  Seriously OP, why do you think that you have any right to a statement from the club?  They will tell you as much or as little as they wish, when they are good and ready.

Or, save up your pennies, make a huge investment in the club and get a place on the board.  You will then at least be the first to know of any developments (but probably as powerless as the rest of us to do anything if all this nonsense is due to agents buggering about).

Everyone makes an 'investment' in this club it's just relative,. I'm sick to death of hearing how supporters of this club OUR club have little/no right to comment on the way it's run!!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 05:57:05 pm by hoolahoop »

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on July 23, 2013, 05:13:43 pm by glosterred »
Well if nothing else it will give us some one to vent our fustrations on when the Dingles come to town

COYR

:scarf:

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on July 23, 2013, 05:16:42 pm by Lipsy »
Do they? Really? It appears not to be ideal, no. But we don't have all of the facts, and we don't know what's going on.

What if the rumours about investment are true? What if it's agreed and PD brings in more than a handful of quality signings in one fell swoop? Ideal, no. But if the names that are being bandied around are anywhere near accurate, I suspect that the atmosphere on this forum would change somewhat dramatically. And then those folks weeping into their under-crackers would look mighty silly.

Sure, we could start the season without any players, but I just cannot see it.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on July 23, 2013, 05:19:22 pm by colincramb »
I'm speechless at how people are so quick to slag off the club they are supposed to support. I really can't get my head around it. I'm not just talking about this incident, although its a prime example, but it appears to be anything they can use as an opportunity to have a dig. It's cringeworthy at best but 90% of the time it's based without having full knowledge of any facts!

If its not about signing a player, it's because the kit isn't ready! Wear last seasons until it comes! If its not the kit it's the concourses. If its not that it's because there is some conspiracy to lie to the fans. Don't know about others, but it gets me down!

What a load of crap, it's time you and folk like you stopped accepting the 'Conference' level approach to running our club.
You are just perpetuating that sort of ethos and it's hightime it changed. 10 days before the start of the season and everyone has a right to feel disgruntled.

Maybe so, that's you're opinion. However, I would rather view the world from my perspective than from one of bitter, negative despair and actually get behind the club I have grown up supporting. The club isn't perfect, far from it and nor would I expect it to be given the changes it has incurred in the last 15 years.

What pains me, is people consistently slagging off the club and questioning the integrity of people we should be very grateful to. Sorry if my attitude offends you

ArmthorpeRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on July 23, 2013, 05:19:41 pm by ArmthorpeRover »
Do they? Really? It appears not to be ideal, no. But we don't have all of the facts, and we don't know what's going on.

What if the rumours about investment are true? What if it's agreed and PD brings in more than a handful of quality signings in one fell swoop? Ideal, no. But if the names that are being bandied around are anywhere near accurate, I suspect that the atmosphere on this forum would change somewhat dramatically. And then those folks weeping into their under-crackers would look mighty silly.

Sure, we could start the season without any players, but I just cannot see it.

And there is the voice of reason amongst a sea of knee jerkers.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on July 23, 2013, 05:21:44 pm by IDM »

b*llocks...  Some folks on here are far too quick to criticise and over react.  That isn't to say we shouldn't be critical, or have different views. 

Phoenix

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on July 23, 2013, 05:22:36 pm by Phoenix »

I agree that the club lets itself down in a lot of aspects with the way it is run. Whilst the club has achieved many positive things over the past, say, decade, they always seem to take a step back for every couple of steps forward, and it can be very frustrating.

It's not just on-field stuff like this, it's the little things as well. The weak Season Review DVD, the feedback on the microphone creating a terrible din throughout the first half vs Motherwell, the new shirts being late into the shop every year (and the very slow/lack of official announcement on what the kits actually look like), the tweets on @drfc_official at times appearing like they're being written by a three year old, etc etc. It all adds up and it's frustrating.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on July 23, 2013, 05:25:24 pm by IDM »

It's not just on-field stuff like this, it's the little things as well. The weak Season Review DVD, the feedback on the microphone creating a terrible din throughout the first half vs Motherwell, the new shirts being late into the shop every year (and the very slow/lack of official announcement on what the kits actually look like), the tweets on @drfc_official at times appearing like they're being written by a three year old, etc etc. It all adds up and it's frustrating.

All the really important things in life eh?

3 points at 4.50 on a saturday afternoon, or a 100% perfect tannoy system?????

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on July 23, 2013, 05:26:20 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Four in four days, as i remember when we had Lockwood et al... JR's well intentioned stunt to boost ST sales i believe as per "Going for it....."
That was slagged off as giving too much away....seems to me the club can't win???

vanderpanda

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on July 23, 2013, 05:29:11 pm by vanderpanda »
Seems to me the moaners havent had that much to moan about since there has been no football. This is probably the first thing they have had chance to moan about and moan they will.  How many times can I say moan in one paragraph.

South West Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on July 23, 2013, 05:29:21 pm by South West Rover »

Everyone makes an 'investment' in this club it's just relative,. I'm ick to death of hearing how supporters of this club OUR club have little/no right to comment on the way it's run!!

Oh you can comment as much as you like.  Everybody does.  Sometimes it filters through and changes are made.  The club has come on leaps and bounds in regards to its fan involvement over the last two years. 

What you can't do, is demand answers when it suits you.  We can't all run the club at the highest level.  We can however support those that do, instead of criticizing them every day when events don't turn out how we expect.

Phoenix

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on July 23, 2013, 05:35:11 pm by Phoenix »

Most Championship clubs can manage both.

Like I said, the little things matter, and sometimes the little things add up to make us look amateurish.

As a VSC member, and by extension presumably a strong supporter of the IRWT campaign, I'm surprised you're rubbishing the idea of the little off-field things making a big difference. When supporters bravely raise their hands at the "Meet the shareholder" events and raise points about the little things that can be done to improve their matchday experience, do you stand up and shout back at them "What would you rather have, a greater selection of pie flavours, or three points on a Saturday afternoon, you whinging git!" ???

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on July 23, 2013, 05:36:06 pm by dickos1 »

You are just perpetuating that sort of ethos and it's hightime it changed. 10 days before the start of the season and everyone has a right to

Hoola you spent most of the latter part of the season having a go at the moaners and telling them to stop being negative.
Now your moaning yourself

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on July 23, 2013, 05:55:37 pm by ravenrover »
Part of the problem is that some folks think that because of all the initiatives with fans participation, they have a bigger say in the club than they actually have. At the moment there are 3 people, in effect, who determine when how and what DRFC does without the need to ask/inform us the fans. WE all can voice our "opinions" but we really don't have any influence on the big money side of things. Remember we are supporters of the club not owners. Things will happen and we will be informed when the powers that be decide to, and no sooner.
Modern methods of communication have a lot to answer for far too much speculation and rumour in my opinion JMHO

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on July 23, 2013, 06:25:48 pm by mushRTID »
If PD or anyone else thinks that any OOC player is 100% committed to DRFC, then they're kidding themselves. Players will go for the best deal, and that is exactly what M'Voto has done. Plus, who can blame him for wanting his future sorted out quickly with under two weeks to go until the season begins?

The statement is nothing more than spin to keep people's criticism at bay for a bit. We've buggered up with M'Voto by hanging around for too long, and all the statement does is attempt to convince people that "we didn't want him anyway". We clearly did.

Nail on the head, thats exactly how I see it.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on July 23, 2013, 06:29:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Seems the people only to willing too perpetuate the rumours are the ones bleating when things perhaps don't go our way.

The very same who demand facts and news, when there is nothing official to report. Well, today, you got the answers you've been looking for!   

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on July 23, 2013, 06:31:46 pm by hoolahoop »

Maybe so, that's you're opinion. However, I would rather view the world from my perspective than from one of bitter, negative despair and actually get behind the club I have grown up supporting. The club isn't perfect, far from it and nor would I expect it to be given the changes it has incurred in the last 15 years.

What pains me, is people consistently slagging off the club and questioning the integrity of people we should be very grateful to. Sorry if my attitude offends you

I take it that you have made the assumption that I'm some sort of 'johnny come lately' judging from your remarks.
You're wrong I've supported this club since 67/68 and have every right to expect us to move forward . I'm tired of hearing 'the likes of Donny', 'when we were in the Conference' etc etc to justify just how disorganised our club can be at times in fact many times. Our club is being run by our multi-millionaire owners in much the same way as a shopkeeper would run a cornershop in Hyde Park.
Perhaps you might think I'm being harsh but these gentlemen did not become successful businessmen by running their own organisations in the way they choose to run our club at times.

We have spent little of our history in the Conference and why we should lay that down as the level we should continue to be organised at is way beyond me. Gavin Baldwin has brought a level of professionalism to the club that should have been there for years but I still wonder to what degree his expertise can be used on a shoestring budget behind the scenes.

Right I've got the flak jacket on now in readiness               :chair:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on July 23, 2013, 06:37:58 pm by hoolahoop »

You are just perpetuating that sort of ethos and it's hightime it changed. 10 days before the start of the season and everyone has a right to

Hoola you spent most of the latter part of the season having a go at the moaners and telling them to stop being negative.
Now your moaning yourself

Indeed I did and I was right but this level is far far harder dickos and you know it. We were ill-prepared at the start of last season , got away with it (just) we won't at this level as our last 2 seasons in the 2nd tier have taught us.
I thought/prayed that we would be much better prepared than we are at this time of the season and like many I'm very concerned.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on July 23, 2013, 07:27:54 pm by IDM »

Like I said, the little things matter, and sometimes the little things add up to make us look amateurish.

As a VSC member, and by extension presumably a strong supporter of the IRWT campaign, I'm surprised you're rubbishing the idea of the little off-field things making a big difference. When supporters bravely raise their hands at the "Meet the shareholder" events and raise points about the little things that can be done to improve their matchday experience, do you stand up and shout back at them "What would you rather have, a greater selection of pie flavours, or three points on a Saturday afternoon, you whinging git!" ???

Not rubbishing the ideas or off field initiatives at all, never said that.  Clearly not everything will work nor please everyone 100% of the time, so for me its just about priorities.  IRWT and everything else is all great to have, but the priority must be to win football matches?

Phoenix

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on July 23, 2013, 07:38:21 pm by Phoenix »

Not rubbishing the ideas or off field initiatives at all, never said that.  Clearly not everything will work nor please everyone 100% of the time, so for me its just about priorities.  IRWT and everything else is all great to have, but the priority must be to win football matches?

Obviously. But the people in charge of trying to win football matches are different from the people trying to sort out the other stuff. It's not as if Paul Dickov has to run the club Twitter feed and Chris Brown is responsible for making the Season Review DVD, is it? In just the same way as those working in the club shop and the media department can't do anything that will make us more likely to win on a Saturday.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on July 23, 2013, 07:41:08 pm by IDM »
Fair enough, but I was actually talking about my priorities as a supporter.  The off field things are important individually, but less so than the football itself...

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on July 23, 2013, 07:51:24 pm by colincramb »

I take it that you have made the assumption that I'm some sort of 'johnny come lately' judging from your remarks.
You're wrong I've supported this club since 67/68 and have every right to expect us to move forward . I'm tired of hearing 'the likes of Donny', 'when we were in the Conference' etc etc to justify just how disorganised our club can be at times in fact many times. Our club is being run by our multi-millionaire owners in much the same way as a shopkeeper would run a cornershop in Hyde Park.
Perhaps you might think I'm being harsh but these gentlemen did not become successful businessmen by running their own organisations in the way they choose to run our club at times.

We have spent little of our history in the Conference and why we should lay that down as the level we should continue to be organised at is way beyond me. Gavin Baldwin has brought a level of professionalism to the club that should have been there for years but I still wonder to what degree his expertise can be used on a shoestring budget behind the scenes.

Right I've got the flak jacket on now in readiness               :chair:

Sorry, but at which point did I make any assumptions about how long you, or anybody else has supported the club? I was merely stating my point on my view of the situation. We have a different view point, no assumptions made.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on July 23, 2013, 08:57:57 pm by RobTheRover »
If PD or anyone else thinks that any OOC player is 100% committed to DRFC, then they're kidding themselves. Players will go for the best deal, and that is exactly what M'Voto has done. Plus, who can blame him for wanting his future sorted out quickly with under two weeks to go until the season begins?

The statement is nothing more than spin to keep people's criticism at bay for a bit. We've buggered up with M'Voto by hanging around for too long, and all the statement does is attempt to convince people that "we didn't want him anyway". We clearly did.

Then I can assure you its wrong.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on July 23, 2013, 09:06:54 pm by mushRTID »

Then I can assure you its wrong.

Then I will have to trust you on that. As someone not in the know though, it's how it appears.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012