Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:40:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wellens update: contract terminated  (Read 5616 times)

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
Re: Wellens update: contract terminated
« Reply #30 on July 23, 2013, 05:34:59 pm by GloucesterRover31 »
Remind me what oldhams fans view of wellens were when we signed him, also their views on furman, preston fans view on stock, sheff utds on sharp, leeds on painter, leeds on Sullivan, Wednesday on jones,

Do you want me to keep going??

Brilliant post, it happens at every club last year a lot of people slated gillet, went on to play every game for Forrest and linked to premiership clubs! Wellens is one of the best passers of the ball I've seen in a rovers shirt!

Simon Gillett went on to play every game for Forest? No wonder they didn't make the play-offs if they only played 25 games all season!

Southamptons view of sharp?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Phoenix

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 23, 2013, 05:38:18 pm by Phoenix »
Remind me what oldhams fans view of wellens were when we signed him, also their views on furman, preston fans view on stock, sheff utds on sharp, leeds on painter, leeds on Sullivan, Wednesday on jones,

Can you read?

I did just type before something along the lines of: "despite Leicester fans views on RW, he may be adequate for us", didn't I?

FWIW, I can't remember that much negativity (beyond the usual) about Wellens from the Oldham fans when he signed for us. Nor PNE with Stock, or Leeds fans with Sullivan (the only negativity I remember about Sully was from Dennis Wise). And Wednesday fans absolutely loved Rob Jones. Sheff United told us that Sharp didn't suit them as he was trying too hard to score for his boyhood team, not that he was a bad player.

This is getting ridiculous anyway. It's gone totally beyond the original point. Bye!

Memory must not be the best then

No. I must apologise for making space in my mind for more important things than "what did Preston North End fans think of Brian Stock in September 2006?"

I'm very sorry Dickos. I will never question your wisdom again.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 23, 2013, 05:41:28 pm by dickos1 »
Well you seem capable of making sufficient space for what Leicester fans think of wellens.

Phoenix

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 23, 2013, 05:41:42 pm by Phoenix »

Brilliant post, it happens at every club last year a lot of people slated gillet, went on to play every game for Forrest and linked to premiership clubs! Wellens is one of the best passers of the ball I've seen in a rovers shirt!

Simon Gillett went on to play every game for Forest? No wonder they didn't make the play-offs if they only played 25 games all season!

Southamptons view of sharp?

Not sure what you're trying to point out to me. Simon Gillett played 25 games for Nott'm Forest last season, mainly under Sean O'Driscoll. He quickly found himself demoted to back-up when Billy Davies was appointed manager.

As for Southampton's view on Billy Sharp, I can't imagine it'd be anything but positive. He scored at a rate of more than 1 in every 2 games to help them to promotion, including a double against their fierce rivals Portsmouth, and they haven't seen very much of him since.

Phoenix

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 23, 2013, 05:42:16 pm by Phoenix »
Well you seem capable of making sufficient space for what Leicester fans think of wellens.

Aye, but I can read that today. I don't have to go back seven years to find it.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on July 23, 2013, 05:45:37 pm by roversontheup »
 :suicide:will you two please carry on this argument somewhere else please.  It's a bit tedious.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 23, 2013, 06:38:17 pm by PDX_Rover »
Very tedious.

I'd welcome Richie Wellens back.

roversron

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 23, 2013, 06:38:37 pm by roversron »
So can I just clarify....Pheonix, Dickos what are you both trying to say? :chair:

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 23, 2013, 06:53:17 pm by Spud »
I spoke to a foxes fan a couple of weeks back. Raved about him pre-injury but said he wasn't the same player when he came back, gave the ball away cheaply and generally was never with the pace of the game.

For the record i'm a massive fan & would take the gamble, i trust the club to do the right thing though.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 23, 2013, 07:46:19 pm by coventryrover »
I'd welcome Wellens back....bloody good player and improved after rovers

TinyPortal © 2005-2012