Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:55:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Dickov statement  (Read 12588 times)

docothered

• Forum Member
Paul Dickov statement
« on July 23, 2013, 04:25:41 pm by docothered »
On Twitter saying he asked M'voto to travel to Portugal and while he was there M'voto said ge wanted to speak to Barnsley dicko said he only wants players that's giving 100% so didn't offer him a contract

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Re: Paul Dickov statement
« Reply #1 on July 23, 2013, 04:37:12 pm by mrfrostsdad »
So why did he say he'd already signed and it was just the paperwork that needed sorting?
Tosh!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 23, 2013, 04:46:07 pm by dickos1 »
He didn't say he'd already signed, he said everything was agreed.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 23, 2013, 04:57:42 pm by Boomstick »
On Twitter saying he asked M'voto to travel to Portugal and while he was there M'voto said ge wanted to speak to Barnsley dicko said he only wants players that's giving 100% so didn't offer him a contract
Link ?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 23, 2013, 05:06:24 pm by roversdude »
Statement on DROS all seems totally feasible to me, if he wasn't committed or was trying to squeeze more money sod him, not that impressed with him anyway

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 23, 2013, 05:08:40 pm by GloucesterRover31 »
Incredibly frustrating to seemingly miss out to one of our biggest rivals in this fashion, but given PD's statement I don't think there can be any complaints! I just really hope this allows us to go for someone like wellens! Don't listen to Leicester fans any player that goes there seems to go rapidly down hill, I mean look at Matt mills, kasper schmichelle! Mvoto not signing isn't the end of the world, far from it! Investment for a new keeper and current players not signing that spells danger! I more infuriated about the shambles of the open evening! This had detracted from that!

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 23, 2013, 05:14:14 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Wellens instead of Mvoto?
Interesting.

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 23, 2013, 05:14:48 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
wellans is past it we got the best out off him 3years ago waste off money

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 23, 2013, 05:19:10 pm by GloucesterRover31 »
Only time will tell, the one thing I can say is I've not seen many players play for rovers who have the passing range he had and although he may not be as sharp that passing is something I doubt he'd ever loose! Who out of interest would you like who we can realistically afford or attract?

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 23, 2013, 05:22:45 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
i think its more like dickov wanting to get players on the cheap ,then if they dont sign ,he comes out with the excuse they are not 100% behind the club

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 23, 2013, 05:23:52 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Why didn't the club/PD just say a few days ago that M'voto would be looking elsewhere then? That would have stopped a lot of this panic and frustration.

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 23, 2013, 05:26:58 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
i agree ,be truthfull dickov dont give us bull___t

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 23, 2013, 05:27:42 pm by IDM »
i think its more like dickov wanting to get players on the cheap ,then if they dont sign ,he comes out with the excuse they are not 100% behind the club

You "think"... where's your evidence?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 23, 2013, 05:29:15 pm by RedJ »
i agree ,be truthfull dickov dont give us bull___t

Go on then, enlighten us as to how you know he's giving us bullshit.

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 23, 2013, 05:32:26 pm by GloucesterRover31 »

Possibly but that could be due to investment, ill get abuse for this comment but I'm not having a pop at our chairman, true genuine fan, one of the worlds best salesmen, but when he can't sell the idea of the club to investors how much of his own money does he put in? He does more for this club in other ways then I think any other chairman does for their respected clubs! But I think other chairman put more of there own money in when there's a gap in fluidity and capital!

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 23, 2013, 05:33:34 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
you dont here amy other managers coming out with a statment like that ,the player wants whats best for him .

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 23, 2013, 05:37:31 pm by RedJ »
you dont here amy other managers coming out with a statment like that ,the player wants whats best for him .

Doesn't prove we're wanting players on the cheap. For all you know we offered something fairly generous and Barnsley being able to afford more offered more.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 23, 2013, 05:53:35 pm by silent majority »
Jeez! You should be applauding PD for standing his ground with greedy agents who reneged on a done deal. We could have matched Barnsleys offer but for the extra money we could get a better player and one that wants to play for DRFC. So that's what he decided to do.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 23, 2013, 05:56:45 pm by MrFrost »
Jeez! You should be applauding PD for standing his ground with greedy agents who reneged on a done deal. We could have matched Barnsleys offer but for the extra money we could get a better player and one that wants to play for DRFC. So that's what he decided to do.

So SM, can you give us some clarification as what the hell is actually happening. 10 days before the season starts and we don't have a goalkeeper, and not much else resembling a squad, and why time and time again we are told "things will happen next week", "there will be a signing on monday", "he has signed we are just waiting on paperwork".
It is an absolute shambles, and once again, as every season, we are left with a threadbare squad days before the new season starts, which is when we start signings the likes of Souza, Harper, etc, etc.
Enough is enough.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 23, 2013, 06:05:34 pm by Boomstick »
You can't blame the player though. Rovers have been pusding around and stalling on the contracts. Of course the player will want to speak to another club. this is Rocers fault for not getting the deals done, and leaving the players wondering.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 23, 2013, 06:11:42 pm by RobTheRover »
PD has stated already that this summer has been the hardest ever in terms of getting players signed up, look around at deals that are being done by other clubs for evidence of that.

PD has bent over backwards for JYM, and gets a slap in the face for his troubles.  I know for a fact from speaking with Gavin this afternoon that PD was on the phone regarding three players after the M'Voto deal rug was pulled.  We will get quality players in who want to play for Doncaster Rovers, despite this setback (if you view it like that)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 23, 2013, 06:12:29 pm by mrfrostsdad »
So SM. You're telling us you know what happened? Is this an official statement on behalf of the club??

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 23, 2013, 06:13:20 pm by MrFrost »
PD has stated already that this summer has been the hardest ever in terms of getting players signed up, look around at deals that are being done by other clubs for evidence of that.

PD has bent over backwards for JYM, and gets a slap in the face for his troubles.  I know for a fact from speaking with Gavin this afternoon that PD was on the phone regarding three players after the M'Voto deal rug was pulled.  We will get quality players in who want to play for Doncaster Rovers, despite this setback (if you view it like that)

Players like Harper who manage to steal a 2 year deal? Sorry, but I don't believe a word the club comes out with any more. It's all designed to please the fans, when in reality, its all b*llocks.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 23, 2013, 06:13:59 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Likewise. An official statement on behalf of the club?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 23, 2013, 06:15:07 pm by mushRTID »

I think this is the problem Rob. Its ok yourself speaking to Gavin/SM speaking to the club. The rest of us are hearing absolutely nothing other than what mrFrost has said above. Its getting frustrating.

I didnt speak to one person who rated JYM (based on what they had seen) but its the way this has happened.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 23, 2013, 06:16:52 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Likewise. An official statement on behalf of the club?

I'm interested.....

If you were the Media Manager, what would you put in the statement?

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 23, 2013, 06:22:15 pm by besty »

Players like Harper who manage to steal a 2 year deal? Sorry, but I don't believe a word the club comes out with any more. It's all designed to please the fans, when in reality, its all b*llocks.

Yeah but for me it dosent work because we wont sell anymore season tickets.I know people who are waiting for decent signings till they shell out,cant blame them!!

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 23, 2013, 06:27:40 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Well DRFC, SM has just made a statement that we could have matched The Dingles offer but chose not to. If that's true, why couldn't' the club say it officially. Along the lines of

'We offered Mvoto a contract which we thought was agreed, but he was offered a better contract by whoever. We could have matched that contract but we will not be held to ransom by players or agents'

That would do it for me!

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 23, 2013, 06:36:22 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Well DRFC, SM has just made a statement that we could have matched The Dingles offer but chose not to. If that's true, why couldn't' the club say it officially. Along the lines of

'We offered Mvoto a contract which we thought was agreed, but he was offered a better contract by whoever. We could have matched that contract but we will not be held to ransom by players or agents'

That would do it for me!

Sounds good! Maybe the club were looking for the right words to choose or they could've been busy agreeing deals with others, so didn't have the time to react quick enough?
Dunno; not making excuses for them, but I'm sure (well I hope) that they weren't just sat on their hands since we found out that Mvoto had gone to Oakwell.

My favoured statement would have been more simple.

"He's f***ed off to the Dingles for more money; the greedy t**t. Please feel free to remind him of that later in the season"
:)

(apologies for the language, although I didn't use the word B***sley)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 23, 2013, 06:47:01 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Hahaha!
Nice one! That's exactly what my statement says using slightly different words

TinyPortal © 2005-2012