Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:06:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Dickov statement  (Read 12591 times)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Paul Dickov statement
« Reply #30 on July 23, 2013, 06:50:45 pm by keith79 »
So who is next to leave? Spurr?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 23, 2013, 07:08:42 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Bloody hope not

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 23, 2013, 07:22:46 pm by IDM »
PD has stated already that this summer has been the hardest ever in terms of getting players signed up, look around at deals that are being done by other clubs for evidence of that.

PD has bent over backwards for JYM, and gets a slap in the face for his troubles.  I know for a fact from speaking with Gavin this afternoon that PD was on the phone regarding three players after the M'Voto deal rug was pulled.  We will get quality players in who want to play for Doncaster Rovers, despite this setback (if you view it like that)

Players like Harper who manage to steal a 2 year deal? Sorry, but I don't believe a word the club comes out with any more. It's all designed to please the fans, when in reality, its all b*llocks.

Yeah but for me it dosent work because we wont sell anymore season tickets.I know people who are waiting for decent signings till they shell out,cant blame them!!

I don't get this waiting for signings before buying a ST.  If you are going to buy one (can afford it and can get to the games) then buy one anyway.  Do we support the team or just one or two players?

Sure, Billy coming back may tip the balance for some fans, but generally, I think not??

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 23, 2013, 07:26:22 pm by dickos1 »
PD has stated already that this summer has been the hardest ever in terms of getting players signed up, look around at deals that are being done by other clubs for evidence of that.

PD has bent over backwards for JYM, and gets a slap in the face for his troubles.  I know for a fact from speaking with Gavin this afternoon that PD was on the phone regarding three players after the M'Voto deal rug was pulled.  We will get quality players in who want to play for Doncaster Rovers, despite this setback (if you view it like that)

Players like Harper who manage to steal a 2 year deal? Sorry, but I don't believe a word the club comes out with any more. It's all designed to please the fans, when in reality, its all b*llocks.

Yeah but for me it dosent work because we wont sell anymore season tickets.I know people who are waiting for decent signings till they shell out,cant blame them!!

I don't get this waiting for signings before buying a ST.  If you are going to buy one (can afford it and can get to the games) then buy one anyway.  Do we support the team or just one or two players?

Sure, Billy coming back may tip the balance for some fans, but generally, I think not??

Exactly

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 23, 2013, 07:34:58 pm by RobTheRover »

Seriously?  You'd rather believe, what, some fantasy story you've just thought up in your damaged brain?  I've spoken with Gavin today about this and 1) this was PD's decision not to match Barnsley's offer, because 2) he says he can get better for the money Barnsley offered.

And M'Voto HAD signed his contract, but his agent hadnt and continued to hawk him around other clubs.  When M'Voto came back with his greedy little hands held out expecting the Rovers to up his wages on the deal he had already signed, would you rather PD rolled over and paid more?

I'm glad M'Voto has gone.  I just wish he'd taken you with him.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 23, 2013, 07:36:37 pm by MrFrost »

Seriously?  You'd rather believe, what, some fantasy story you've just thought up in your damaged brain?  I've spoken with Gavin today about this and 1) this was PD's decision not to match Barnsley's offer, because 2) he says he can get better for the money Barnsley offered.

And M'Voto HAD signed his contract, but his agent hadnt and continued to hawk him around other clubs.  When M'Voto came back with his greedy little hands held out expecting the Rovers to up his wages on the deal he had already signed, would you rather PD rolled over and paid more?

So another moderator making personal insults. Damaged brain? Tosser. Who the f*** do you think you are? You're certainly a good image for the VSC.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 23, 2013, 07:39:41 pm by mrfrostsdad »
So,
This is an official statement on behalf of the club now you've posted it twice? Excellent!

Why don't you start a thread saying this. Why didn't you do it a few hours ago to save all the arguments and angst there has been on here?

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 23, 2013, 07:44:21 pm by redwine »
Are there going to be enough lampposts to accommodate the mass suicides tonight in Donny

Thank God I live in Leeds

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 23, 2013, 07:45:25 pm by not on facebook »
Fcuk me Its a tad lively in This Thread

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on July 23, 2013, 07:47:20 pm by RobTheRover »

So another moderator making personal insults. Damaged brain? Tosser. Who the f*** do you think you are? You're certainly a good image for the VSC.

Michael, I'm just fed up to the back teeth with the constant negativity from you (in particular, but others too) who have not the tiniest clue about what is really happening.  It is counter productive and incredibly damaging.

Take the shirts stuff for example.  How is that the club's fault, when only last week they were receiving updates from Just Sport saying it was all on target for delivery and the club would have them all for the open evening?  36 hours notice they've had that there wont be any at all there on Wednesday.

M'Voto going to Barnsley is down to a duplicitous agent and player.  Rovers invested time and money in the player, took him to Portugal and integrated him into the squad, with a signed contract in place, aside form one part that shouldnt have been an issue.  What more could they have done?

The team at the club are working all hours to sort things out.  Gavin left the keepmoat at 6AM one night (should that be morning) last week, and was back just a few hours later.  Cut these guys some slack.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 23, 2013, 07:48:24 pm by RobTheRover »
So,
This is an official statement on behalf of the club now you've posted it twice? Excellent!

Why don't you start a thread saying this. Why didn't you do it a few hours ago to save all the arguments and angst there has been on here?

Believe it or not, some of us work.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 23, 2013, 07:50:16 pm by MrFrost »

Michael, I'm just fed up to the back teeth with the constant negativity from you (in particular, but others too) who have not the tiniest clue about what is really happening.  It is counter productive and incredibly damaging.

Take the shirts stuff for example.  How is that the club's fault, when only last week they were receiving updates from Just Sport saying it was all on target for delivery and the club would have them all for the open evening?  36 hours notice they've had that there wont be any at all there on Wednesday.

M'Voto going to Barnsley is down to a duplicitous agent and player.  Rovers invested time and money in the player, took him to Portugal and integrated him into the squad, with a signed contract in place, aside form one part that shouldnt have been an issue.  What more could they have done?

The team at the club are working all hours to sort things out.  Gavin left the keepmoat at 6AM one night (should that be morning) last week, and was back just a few hours later.  Cut these guys some slack.

When we are fed soundbite after soundbite, what do you expect?? Do you expect everyone to carry on happy clapping applauding everything regardless?

And i've not mentioned the shirts. I don't buy them so I couldn't give a toss.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on July 23, 2013, 07:52:22 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I doubt that will happen Rob has some people's needs seem to be far greater than what's best for the club they (support?)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 23, 2013, 07:53:28 pm by MrFrost »
Sorry I have mentioned the shirts. But I don't really care a great deal.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on July 23, 2013, 07:55:21 pm by RobTheRover »
No one is happy clapping, Michael.  there is too much work to be done to have time for that. 

I never said you had mentioned the shirts either.  I was using it as an example that absolutely everything that goes wrong isnt always in the control of the club, but they are expected to take in the neck quite happily.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 23, 2013, 07:55:44 pm by DearneValleyRover »

When we are fed soundbite after soundbite, what do you expect?? Do you expect everyone to carry on happy clapping applauding everything regardless?

And i've not mentioned the shirts. I don't buy them so I couldn't give a toss.

I think that's quite obvious

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 23, 2013, 07:58:46 pm by MrFrost »
No one is happy clapping, Michael.  there is too much work to be done to have time for that. 

I never said you had mentioned the shirts either.  I was using it as an example that absolutely everything that goes wrong isnt always in the control of the club, but they are expected to take in the neck quite happily.

Rob, people aren't moaning for the sake of it. We are supporters who are genuinely concerned that 10 days before the first game of the season, we have no goalkeepers, and a squad thinner than paper.
There is talk of big name signings and huge investment, fans getting excited about it, and then being left disapointed.

Then we have Dickov who states things will happen next week, or things will happen on Monday. Then nothing happens.

We have a right to ask questions. We have a right for answers.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 23, 2013, 08:02:58 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

So why do you keep asking the same questions to people who don't have all the answers. As said before, if you feel so strongly, go straight to the club!!

Chill out for gowd sake!

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 23, 2013, 08:03:09 pm by GloucesterRover31 »
I don't no what you do for a job rob but, if you owned shares in a company and it had a supplier let you down in the same way would you be using them again? Unless rovers signed a 1 year deal with avec then what stops it happening next year? Did the procurement side of the club check to see if the company delivering goods is credible? Also if your company sent out information that contracts for work were in principle agreed and then they fell through dont you think there would be aggrieved people wondering what's actually happening? Every fan who buys a ticket, shirt, program is in a way a share holder and the events on numerous occasions today have those share holders worried! Looks ridicules due to press release's on the clubs official twitter! If the club have told you on the forum that the rumour mill section is so important why do they not follow suit?! People who have spent money and time following the club and feel let down are allowed to vent some anger!   
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 08:05:28 pm by GloucesterRover31 »

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 23, 2013, 08:06:41 pm by MrFrost »

So why do you keep asking the same questions to people who don't have all the answers. As said before, if you feel so strongly, go straight to the club!!

Chill out for gowd sake!

So i'll rock up at the KMS and knock on the door and ask to speak to JR? There are people on the forum connected, as Rob has stated clearly himself. Surely they are not ignorant to fans' concerns.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on July 23, 2013, 08:10:13 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Think about what you are saying.

You want other people to do your leg work for you, when you have a different agenda to everyone else and, your not happy with information when it is fed back?

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 23, 2013, 08:11:08 pm by colincramb »

You have had all this coming today with the absolute cod s**t you have continued to spout, without not once backing anything up by fact!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 23, 2013, 08:12:46 pm by MrFrost »

You have had all this coming today with the absolute cod s**t you have continued to spout, without not once backing anything up by fact!

Is anyone backing up anything with fact? All we know is Mvoto hasn't signed Everything else is speculation. But because my opinion is against the happy clappy nature of the VSC, it's shot down.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on July 23, 2013, 08:15:39 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Chill out for gowd sake!

So i'll rock up at the KMS and knock on the door and ask to speak to JR? There are people on the forum connected, as Rob has stated clearly himself. Surely they are not ignorant to fans' concerns.

Yet you assume these concerns aren't aired, what can be stated is the VSC asks the questions and gives the answers it can, it doesn't pay lip service nor is it in the thrall of the club it is and remains a safeguard for the future of our club with board members working tirelessly to ensure this as is Terry, Gavin, John etc, however if you feel that we are not doing an adequate job in representation we do have an AGM where you could put yourself and your vast wealth of knowledge to a beneficial use although that would require you to join the VSC

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 23, 2013, 08:17:25 pm by MrFrost »

Chill out for gowd sake!

Yet you assume these concerns aren't aired, what can be stated is the VSC asks the questions and gives the answers it can, it doesn't pay lip service nor is it in the thrall of the club it is and remains a safeguard for the future of our club with board members working tirelessly to ensure this as is Terry, Gavin, John etc, however if you feel that we are not doing an adequate job in representation we do have an AGM where you could put yourself and your vast wealth of knowledge to a beneficial use although that would require you to join the VSC

I wont join the VSC. Some of the directors have succeeded in putting me (and others on here) off for life.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on July 23, 2013, 08:19:02 pm by ravenrover »
There is a fairly obvious answer to all this Mr F and junior................  go elsewhere to ask your question and spout your opinions!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 23, 2013, 08:19:53 pm by MrFrost »
There is a fairly obvious answer to all this Mr F and junior................  go elsewhere to ask your question and spout your opinions!

Why? It's on open forum, free for all. If you don't like it, then don't read. Simple.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on July 23, 2013, 08:20:49 pm by ravenrover »
If you don't like the answers don't ask the question

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 23, 2013, 08:22:17 pm by MrFrost »
We're not getting any answers. That's the point.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on July 23, 2013, 08:23:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
free for all

I think you've taken that to a whole different level.

We're not getting any answers. That's the point.

Correction. We've accepted the answers. You haven't.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012