Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:25:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Dickov statement  (Read 12587 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Paul Dickov statement
« Reply #60 on July 23, 2013, 08:24:09 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Frost. The other directors will back this up. I was critical on some things and disagreed with Some things, not always right either. But rather than just moan and stir trouble I joined up and decided to do something about it and the directors were more than happy for that.

If you're not happy come and discuss face to face with us. The membership go a long way to helping charities, youth football and add weight to our voice etc but that doesn't mean non members are ignored far from it.

The offer is there now take it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on July 23, 2013, 08:24:41 pm by IDM »
Perhaps, there are not any answers available yet, particularly on player movements?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on July 23, 2013, 08:26:01 pm by ravenrover »
Oh but you are but you don't seem to like or accept them. no-one can ever give satisfactory answers to people with conspiracy theories.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on July 23, 2013, 08:26:33 pm by dickos1 »
You've been told whats happened, yet still go on and on and on and on..
A player has done the dirty on us, who are you so upset with

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on July 23, 2013, 08:28:18 pm by ravenrover »
Hope that's not meant for me Dickos  :laugh:

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on July 23, 2013, 08:29:01 pm by DearneValleyRover »
We have a right to ask questions. We have a right for answers.

So why do you keep asking the same questions to people who don't have all the answers. As said before, if you feel so strongly, go straight to the club!!

Chill out for gowd sake!

So i'll rock up at the KMS and knock on the door and ask to speak to JR? There are people on the forum connected, as Rob has stated clearly himself. Surely they are not ignorant to fans' concerns.

Yet you assume these concerns aren't aired, what can be stated is the VSC asks the questions and gives the answers it can, it doesn't pay lip service nor is it in the thrall of the club it is and remains a safeguard for the future of our club with board members working tirelessly to ensure this as is Terry, Gavin, John etc, however if you feel that we are not doing an adequate job in representation we do have an AGM where you could put yourself and your vast wealth of knowledge to a beneficial use although that would require you to join the VSC

I wont join the VSC. Some of the directors have succeeded in putting me (and others on here) off for life.

Why would the directors have such an influence, we come and go, our goal is and should be the concern of every Doncaster Rovers fan and that is to safeguard the clubs long term future irrespective of the division it is plying its trade in. You obviously feel strongly about some of the things the current board does so challenge it, join and air your views publicly become a director and then you can ask the questions you clearly feel the rest of us don't or is it easier to hide behind a keyboard? Come to the AGM you will be welcome, make yourself known as will I

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on July 23, 2013, 08:30:30 pm by RobTheRover »
No one is happy clapping, Michael.  there is too much work to be done to have time for that. 

I never said you had mentioned the shirts either.  I was using it as an example that absolutely everything that goes wrong isnt always in the control of the club, but they are expected to take in the neck quite happily.

Rob, people aren't moaning for the sake of it. We are supporters who are genuinely concerned that 10 days before the first game of the season, we have no goalkeepers, and a squad thinner than paper.
There is talk of big name signings and huge investment, fans getting excited about it, and then being left disapointed.

Then we have Dickov who states things will happen next week, or things will happen on Monday. Then nothing happens.

The club have said nothing about investors other than Gavin confirmed at the Supporters Club AGM that an approach had been made.  Nothing more... because there is no more to be said at this time, and there may never be more to be said on that.  What do you want him to do?  Announce every little thing that happens every day for fear someone feels they "dont believe a word the club comes out with any more"?  Get in the real world.  Deals are completed with respect and confidentiality, but that wont satisfy those who think a ticket to a match gives them the right to know every last detail.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on July 23, 2013, 08:32:36 pm by dickos1 »

Nah raven,, for dumb and dumber

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on July 23, 2013, 08:32:56 pm by MrFrost »
No one is happy clapping, Michael.  there is too much work to be done to have time for that. 

I never said you had mentioned the shirts either.  I was using it as an example that absolutely everything that goes wrong isnt always in the control of the club, but they are expected to take in the neck quite happily.

Rob, people aren't moaning for the sake of it. We are supporters who are genuinely concerned that 10 days before the first game of the season, we have no goalkeepers, and a squad thinner than paper.
There is talk of big name signings and huge investment, fans getting excited about it, and then being left disapointed.

Then we have Dickov who states things will happen next week, or things will happen on Monday. Then nothing happens.

The club have said nothing about investors other than Gavin confirmed at the Supporters Club AGM that an approach had been made.  Nothing more... because there is no more to be said at this time, and there may never be more to be said on that.  What do you want him to do?  Announce every little thing that happens every day for fear someone feels they "dont believe a word the club comes out with any more"?  Get in the real world.  Deals are completed with respect and confidentiality, but that wont satisfy those who think a ticket to a match gives them the right to know every last detail.

With the large scale media speculation about the supposed 20 million to be invested in players, some kind of statement regarding that would seem sensible at some point.

I wonder what the general feeling will be in 7 days time if we are still in the same position with players. Watch this space.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on July 23, 2013, 08:33:26 pm by MrFrost »

Yawn. Keep trying.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on July 23, 2013, 08:34:33 pm by dickos1 »
If we're in the same position in 7 days then that's a totally different scenario.
Heed your own advice and watch this space

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on July 23, 2013, 08:35:08 pm by Jonathan »
If Mvoto had signed a contract with us then I hope we demanded a fee from Barnsley to compensate us for the messing about this has caused. Another centre half may cost us more money now. I also assume that if he signed a contract it would have come with a signing on fee, so we would surely need to take into account reimbursement of this with any deal that's been negotiated to release him from the contract that he had signed (regardless of any attitude he may have displayed in requesting a better contract).

If Mvoto had not signed a contract and the situation was that we had continued to stall (as appears to be the case with the other out of contract players and other prospective signings) then I absolutely don't blame him for expressing a desire to look at (and take up) other options.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on July 23, 2013, 08:36:58 pm by Donnybax »

even you have to admit that was childish

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on July 23, 2013, 08:37:24 pm by RedJ »
If Mvoto had signed a contract with us then I hope we demanded a fee from Barnsley to compensate us for the messing about this has caused. Another centre half may cost us more money now. I also assume that if he signed a contract it would have come with a signing on fee, so we would surely need to take into account reimbursement of this with any deal that's been negotiated to release him from the contract that he had signed (regardless of any attitude he may have displayed in requesting a better contract).

If Mvoto had not signed a contract and the situation was that we had continued to stall (as appears to be the case with the other out of contract players and other prospective signings) then I absolutely don't blame him for expressing a desire to look at (and take up) other options.

It was his agent that hadn't signed it - M'Voto had but then decided he wanted a better deal.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on July 23, 2013, 08:39:14 pm by ravenrover »

With the large scale media speculation about the supposed 20 million to be invested in players, some kind of statement regarding that would seem sensible at some point.
I wonder what the general feeling will be in 7 days time if we are still in the same position with players. Watch this space.

And when that point is reached I am sure there will be, not simply because the likes of you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or me want it now!
JR and co haven't made their millions listening to the likes of us no matter how much we think we might know

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on July 23, 2013, 08:39:52 pm by dickos1 »

Jonathan I think it's been stated elsewhere that the contract was signed but the agent hadn't signed it and he then in turn started dishing his name out to other clubs

Leebtyler

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on July 23, 2013, 08:40:06 pm by Leebtyler »
i shall be the first to sing when we beat the dingles home and away...

it could have been yoooou, it could have beeen yoooou, jean yves mvoto.... it could have been you!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on July 23, 2013, 08:40:53 pm by dickos1 »

even you have to admit that was childish

It was but I am only 12

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on July 23, 2013, 08:41:12 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Only one player hasn't signed through greed, a player we don't want remember 2 seasons ago? All the others are condemned to the Rumour mill as they are just that. Fishing speculation and us as fans doing overpaid Journo's their jobs for them. Yet we are pilloried for that along with every other disappointment we have a squad that is at worst 3 players short ( I know you will point at those yet to re-sign ) agents eh? We will be ready for a very hard season with a committed board, management, playing staff and ? Well the fans bit is up in the air isn't it!

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on July 23, 2013, 08:41:18 pm by GloucesterRover31 »
It's funny isn't it how this time last year the same frustration was here! One of the main points was we had Gary woods in net, this year we don't have him or Sullivan yet no one bats a frustrated eye lid at that! We all love a wagon going past so we can join the band on the back of it, unfortunately I'm as guilty as anyone for that!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on July 23, 2013, 08:42:03 pm by IDM »
Why should the club make comment on speculation?  Speculation is just that...  There is nothing wrong with waiting until Is are dotted and Ts crossed before making official announcements.

Just because there is no news, doesn't mean nowt is going on.  Sure, I get that it is frustrating not knowing, especially with the sort of rumours going around.

Do any of you work for companies that launch products, in a competitive area?  It's the norm to keep schtumm until everything is ready to go...  why can't this be the same for a football club?

To all those fans worried about the lack of player signings with 10/11 days until the first game, who's to say we won't announce signings this week? Or next?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on July 23, 2013, 08:48:38 pm by River Don »
Get used to it. Every season it seems the deals are made later and later. Some miss the deadline. The agents engage in this game of brinkmanship in an attempt to squeeze every last cent from the clubs.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on July 23, 2013, 08:49:50 pm by Donnybax »
PD has stated already that this summer has been the hardest ever in terms of getting players signed up, look around at deals that are being done by other clubs for evidence of that.

PD has bent over backwards for JYM, and gets a slap in the face for his troubles.  I know for a fact from speaking with Gavin this afternoon that PD was on the phone regarding three players after the M'Voto deal rug was pulled.  We will get quality players in who want to play for Doncaster Rovers, despite this setback (if you view it like that)

Players like Harper who manage to steal a 2 year deal? Sorry, but I don't believe a word the club comes out with any more. It's all designed to please the fans, when in reality, its all b*llocks.

Seriously?  You'd rather believe, what, some fantasy story you've just thought up in your damaged brain?  I've spoken with Gavin today about this and 1) this was PD's decision not to match Barnsley's offer, because 2) he says he can get better for the money Barnsley offered.

And M'Voto HAD signed his contract, but his agent hadnt and continued to hawk him around other clubs.  When M'Voto came back with his greedy little hands held out expecting the Rovers to up his wages on the deal he had already signed, would you rather PD rolled over and paid more?

I'm glad M'Voto has gone.  I just wish he'd taken you with him.

wow. Whether you agree with me frost or not that's a ridiculous thing to say

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on July 23, 2013, 08:50:34 pm by DearneValleyRover »
What I don't get is that you expect a football club to be run correctly yet do all their business in the public eye. Do we expect our employers to do the same or do we find out if a contract is signed when we are asked to do the work? If we own a business do we tell people of opportunities or contracts before the ink is signed? Yet some feel its different with football because we have bought a ticket, I've seen Batman surely that entitles me to know who the next one is before any one else and no it isn't different.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on July 23, 2013, 08:53:45 pm by vaya »
PD has stated already that this summer has been the hardest ever in terms of getting players signed up, look around at deals that are being done by other clubs for evidence of that.

PD has bent over backwards for JYM, and gets a slap in the face for his troubles.  I know for a fact from speaking with Gavin this afternoon that PD was on the phone regarding three players after the M'Voto deal rug was pulled.  We will get quality players in who want to play for Doncaster Rovers, despite this setback (if you view it like that)

Players like Harper who manage to steal a 2 year deal? Sorry, but I don't believe a word the club comes out with any more. It's all designed to please the fans, when in reality, its all b*llocks.

Seriously?  You'd rather believe, what, some fantasy story you've just thought up in your damaged brain?  I've spoken with Gavin today about this and 1) this was PD's decision not to match Barnsley's offer, because 2) he says he can get better for the money Barnsley offered.

And M'Voto HAD signed his contract, but his agent hadnt and continued to hawk him around other clubs.  When M'Voto came back with his greedy little hands held out expecting the Rovers to up his wages on the deal he had already signed, would you rather PD rolled over and paid more?

It's a fair point - mrfrostsdad would be reduced to just 'dad'.

Madness.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on July 23, 2013, 08:55:05 pm by RobTheRover »
I don't no what you do for a job rob but, if you owned shares in a company and it had a supplier let you down in the same way would you be using them again? Unless rovers signed a 1 year deal with avec then what stops it happening next year? Did the procurement side of the club check to see if the company delivering goods is credible? Also if your company sent out information that contracts for work were in principle agreed and then they fell through dont you think there would be aggrieved people wondering what's actually happening? Every fan who buys a ticket, shirt, program is in a way a share holder and the events on numerous occasions today have those share holders worried! Looks ridicules due to press release's on the clubs official twitter! If the club have told you on the forum that the rumour mill section is so important why do they not follow suit?! People who have spent money and time following the club and feel let down are allowed to vent some anger!   

Gloucester, this isnt a new supplier, mate.  This is Just Sports, who have been our supplier for the past 3 years.  They run the Rovers Club Shop at the Keepmoat.  They are distributors for Nike and Avec.  They are not a small time operation, nor are they unknown to the club.

The club are meeting them soon to discuss this episode.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on July 23, 2013, 08:55:48 pm by MrFrost »

It's a fair point - mrfrostsdad would be reduced to just 'dad'.

Madness.

LOL

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on July 23, 2013, 08:58:13 pm by GloucesterRover31 »
I don't no what you do for a job rob but, if you owned shares in a company and it had a supplier let you down in the same way would you be using them again? Unless rovers signed a 1 year deal with avec then what stops it happening next year? Did the procurement side of the club check to see if the company delivering goods is credible? Also if your company sent out information that contracts for work were in principle agreed and then they fell through dont you think there would be aggrieved people wondering what's actually happening? Every fan who buys a ticket, shirt, program is in a way a share holder and the events on numerous occasions today have those share holders worried! Looks ridicules due to press release's on the clubs official twitter! If the club have told you on the forum that the rumour mill section is so important why do they not follow suit?! People who have spent money and time following the club and feel let down are allowed to vent some anger!   

Gloucester, this isnt a new supplier, mate.  This is Just Sports, who have been our supplier for the past 3 years.  They run the Rovers Club Shop at the Keepmoat.  They are distributors for Nike and Avec.  They are not a small time operation, nor are they unknown to the club.

The club are meeting them soon to discuss this episode.

I do hope so because driving up for the first game and buying the new shirt is a bit of excitement for the car load of us! And we were disappointed last year that the away kit wasn't ready and the year before they ran out of everything other than small! Doncaster is not a town for small people

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on July 23, 2013, 09:51:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I'm with you Frosty. I mean, look at the way they f**ked us about and disappointed us last season.

In fact, f**k it. I'm done with Donny Rovers. Nothing but a constant let down.

Bloody shite Ryan.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on July 23, 2013, 09:55:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Jonathan

And if a contract was agreed in principle with M'Voto and, under advice from his agent, HE stalled on it and hawked himself round other clubs, then f**k him, with a big capital F.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012