Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:18:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This is not a rumour!!  (Read 6009 times)

gavuez1723

• VSC Member
This is not a rumour!!
« on July 23, 2013, 04:40:00 pm by gavuez1723 »
I for one am fed up with all the negativity being banded about by so-called rovers supporters. I have been sad enough to visit this site everyday of the close season as I cannot wait to hear some news on the progress of rovers in preparation for the season ahead. This preparation takes time to get right & from the appointment of Dickov to the potential investment from Irish backers I have always been patient & the dreams of having BS back at the club & Shay Given in goal have spurred me on. However if none of this comes off I will still be there on 3rd August giving my full support to Rovers whether that's with Billy Sharp up front or not. The trouble is football fans nowadays are so fickle, the reality of the matter is that rovers will still be in most people's opinion odds on favourite to be relegated but as like last season I still put a bet on for us to be crowned champions even before the investment rumour started knocking about...End of the day John Ryan has always had the best interests of the club at heart & will always have my full support. I was surprised that Mvoto signed for Barnsley but like Dickov stated if he wasn't 100% committed to rovers then we don't want him & he's better off being a dingle...The trouble with our Matchday atmosphere is 80% of our supporters are too negative to vocally show their support for our club.

So now cue the smart arses with their negative arguments to my post...RTID  :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

colincramb

• Forum Member
Re: This is not a rumour!!
« Reply #1 on July 23, 2013, 04:43:11 pm by colincramb »
Great post mate. Best I've read for some time and echoes what I have just put on that whinging thread about a statement.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 23, 2013, 04:44:33 pm by LincsRover »
I for one am fed up with all the negativity being banded about by so-called rovers supporters. I have been sad enough to visit this site everyday of the close season as I cannot wait to hear some news on the progress of rovers in preparation for the season ahead. This preparation takes time to get right & from the appointment of Dickov to the potential investment from Irish backers I have always been patient & the dreams of having BS back at the club & Shay Given in goal have spurred me on. However if none of this comes off I will still be there on 3rd August giving my full support to Rovers whether that's with Billy Sharp up front or not. The trouble is football fans nowadays are so fickle, the reality of the matter is that rovers will still be in most people's opinion odds on favourite to be relegated but as like last season I still put a bet on for us to be crowned champions even before the investment rumour started knocking about...End of the day John Ryan has always had the best interests of the club at heart & will always have my full support. I was surprised that Mvoto signed for Barnsley but like Dickov stated if he wasn't 100% committed to rovers then we don't want him & he's better off being a dingle...The trouble with our Matchday atmosphere is 80% of our supporters are too negative to vocally show their support for our club.

So now cue the smart arses with their negative arguments to my post...RTID  :rtid:

:that: a bit of sense at last!

:rtid:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 23, 2013, 04:47:04 pm by roversdude »
I echo those sentiments my friend, great post

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 23, 2013, 04:47:16 pm by donny dave »
Total agreement with all that you say. :that:

bluewiggy123

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 23, 2013, 04:51:00 pm by bluewiggy123 »
should put this on facebook , twitter and the DROS. Real fans sentiments. not the ramblings of prepubescent kids. love it :rtid:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 23, 2013, 04:52:31 pm by roversdude »
Maybe our memories are built on more than success, success, success

South West Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 23, 2013, 04:53:01 pm by South West Rover »
Well said.  Excellent post.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 23, 2013, 04:54:27 pm by Chris »
We'll all support the team come the start of the season. Being a good supporter shouldn't require blind faith.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 23, 2013, 04:55:33 pm by dickos1 »
Blind faith or blind negativity?

DN5Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 23, 2013, 04:57:07 pm by DN5Rover »
nice to see an air of sanity in a sea of negativity.... well said my friend. :thumbsup:

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 23, 2013, 04:58:14 pm by Lipsy »
Yup, really enjoyed this forum for the last season because it's been generally a very positive, supportive place compared to years gone by. Saddened by all the shite that's been thrown around today, especially as most of it has been based on hearsay and nonsense - very reminiscent of the worst that this forum has been in times gone by.

Simple fact is that we don't and - in some case - can't know what's going on for the most part. So whilst some will call it stupid, blind faith, I prefer to sit tight and watch what happens. As I have said elsewhere, I don't - for a single second - believe that we'll start the season threadbare. I don't think JR would allow it, and he's been pretty good by us for a long time now.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 23, 2013, 04:58:42 pm by Chris »
Blind faith or blind negativity?

You can't accuse people of being negative about today's news for the sake of it. You'll try though, obviously.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 23, 2013, 05:01:32 pm by dickos1 »
You can't accuse people of blind faith just cause they're not as negative as you. You'll try though, obviously

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 23, 2013, 05:02:57 pm by Chris »
You can't accuse people of blind faith just cause they're not as negative as you. You'll try though, obviously

You're right. Thread of the millennium.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 23, 2013, 05:07:52 pm by Lipsy »
Shirts not delivered on time. Big deal, not the club's fault.

Player goes to another club. Big deal - we have no idea whether we really wanted him (not enough to get him signed up), nor if there's something else afoot. It happens anyway. It happened to AFCB the other week, if memory serves. We move on.

Not sure if any of what's happened today warranted such a forum implosion. I would argue not.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 23, 2013, 05:09:06 pm by roversdude »
Now then children play nicely

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 23, 2013, 05:10:42 pm by drfcbenny625 »
Can I just ask though, when is the right time for us to start worrying? Later this week? Next week? The day the season begins? We are getting a bit close to the mark

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 23, 2013, 05:14:06 pm by Chris »
Can I just ask though, when is the right time for us to start worrying? Later this week? Next week? The day the season begins? We are getting a bit close to the mark

You're never allowed to worry if you have any aspiration of be a super-fan.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 23, 2013, 05:50:32 pm by bedale rover »
The guy to blame is Mvoto's agent who offered him to Barnsley to ramp up his cut

tuffty

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 23, 2013, 05:50:54 pm by tuffty »
Echo everything you have said mate. There are a lot of complete t**ts on here who get off on moaning about anything and everything.  Great post

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 23, 2013, 05:52:05 pm by hoolahoop »

+1 Blind faith alone never ever won a game for us however good players have.........I'm with you on this one Chris not dickos.
Remember some of you that although many supporters are not investors ; they do have a vested interest on us at least having half a chance and as it stands with 10 days to go we have feck'all chance of survival. Unkless you get points now for 'blind faith' alone ??

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 23, 2013, 06:53:48 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Slight anxiety

whinge whine

blah blah

I like people expressing all kinds of opinions, but why can't they realise that when they're hitting the post button 10+ times a day, they're probably not contributing anything, but bleating on. And when they have a huge quote/quote/quote/quote mountain, its probably time to dig the garden, have a beer, or make a cheese toasty with some yum red pesto and olives under the cheese :P

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 23, 2013, 06:57:50 pm by scaley back rover »
olives under the cheese after all i have heard today this takes the biscuit . In the words of a gobby tennis player you can not be serious lol

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 23, 2013, 07:01:43 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Maybe its just me, but olives on top of the cheese often end up falling onto clothes and leaving nasty grease stains that take forever to get rid of and prevent me being able to read each thread on here. Far better when the cheese seals them in  :cool:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 23, 2013, 07:03:56 pm by dickos1 »

+1 Blind faith alone never ever won a game for us however good players have.........I'm with you on this one Chris not dickos.
Remember some of you that although many supporters are not investors ; they do have a vested interest on us at least having half a chance and as it stands with 10 days to go we have feck'all chance of survival. Unkless you get points now for 'blind faith' alone ??

What's all this blind faith nonsense??
Nobody knows how we're going to do, so your predicting the future just as blindly as I am, just so happens I'm more optimistic. I'd rather suffer from blind faith than blind negativity any day of the week.
Blind negativity has been apparent on this forum predominantly for the last 2 years and they've been wrong yet still don't learn

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on July 23, 2013, 08:06:50 pm by hoolahoop »

What's all this blind faith nonsense??
Nobody knows how we're going to do, so your predicting the future just as blindly as I am, just so happens I'm more optimistic. I'd rather suffer from blind faith than blind negativity any day of the week.
Blind negativity has been apparent on this forum predominantly for the last 2 years and they've been wrong yet still don't learn

I think you will find that the first year that you are referring to involved the 'experiment'. believe there was plenty to be negative about there watching our regulars pushed out for 'past it' ne'erdowells a la Chimbonda, Ilunga etc etc.
Many on here haven't forgotten that mess and hope we've learnt from it, unfortunately many more still haven't renewed probably since then either.
We need impetus not ill thought out positive remarks just to look good. Sorry we should have upped our game in all areas by now and we haven't hence the angst generally on this forum.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 23, 2013, 08:19:59 pm by dickos1 »
There's no angst on this forum among the majority, why do you suggest people are positive just to look good?
Last summer Saunders was heavily criticised even until his departure, then Flynn was criticised daily.
We won the league, a ball hasn't been kicked and people are giving our new manager stupid names trying to take the piss.
What chance has he when he's getting criticised before he's even managed a single game, its beggars belief.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 23, 2013, 08:38:43 pm by hoolahoop »
There's no angst on this forum among the majority, why do you suggest people are positive just to look good?
Last summer Saunders was heavily criticised even until his departure, then Flynn was criticised daily.
We won the league, a ball hasn't been kicked and people are giving our new manager stupid names trying to take the piss.
What chance has he when he's getting criticised before he's even managed a single game, its beggars belief.

OK have it your way........everyone is delighted by the situation regarding the team, replica strips, communication, loss of a player we had purportedly signed  etc etc.
It's a disgrace for folk to feel disgruntled by recent events or should I say non events. Sometimes on here it feels more akin to one of Stalin's 4 year plans  !
Whether you are an optimist or a pessimist at some stage you like others will become a realist even if you don't EVER espouse those thoughts on this forum.
Just how realists have suddenly become labelled pessimists on this forum is a bloody mystery to me . Surely even you have some doubts about our fortunes in the season ahead ?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on July 23, 2013, 08:43:39 pm by ravenrover »
Hoola just what constitutes a realist?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012