Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:20:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Samaritans  (Read 4128 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Samaritans
« on July 23, 2013, 07:42:36 pm by Filo »
Contact details for you troubled souls

http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Samaritans
« Reply #1 on July 23, 2013, 07:51:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
You come home from work to de-stress, catch up on things and woooooosssshhhhhh!

Today's events could have been summed quite simply 'Sh*t happens!'

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 23, 2013, 08:08:33 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I'm much clearer minded.

I don't want to kill myself.

I do want to kill some other people though!

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 23, 2013, 08:55:42 pm by Donnybax »
Do people not understand why people are being negative? We have 10 days until the season and we can't put a team together. It's not easy for us not in the know because nothing's happening and patience is wearing thin?

Now to those who say things are happening behind the scenes well it's an easy thing to say and we are going to need evidence of this happening really soon.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 23, 2013, 09:00:05 pm by dickos1 »
10 days exactly.
There'll be nobody that have their squads ready yet

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 23, 2013, 09:04:23 pm by IDM »
Do people not understand why people are being negative? We have 10 days until the season and we can't put a team together. It's not easy for us not in the know because nothing's happening and patience is wearing thin?

Now to those who say things are happening behind the scenes well it's an easy thing to say and we are going to need evidence of this happening really soon.

What do you think is going on behind the scenes then?  are they all sat doing f**k all or running a card school??

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 23, 2013, 09:05:16 pm by Donnybax »
No there won't but how many teams don't have a single goalkeeper? Need 2 cbs a midfielder and a striker and have only sorted out 2 of the out of contracted players?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 23, 2013, 09:06:18 pm by Donnybax »

What do you think is going on behind the scenes then?  are they all sat doing f*** all or running a card school??
did I say that no I f**king didn't but we were told 3 weeks ago out of contracted players would be signing and how many have? f**king 2

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 23, 2013, 09:06:41 pm by IDM »
No idea, I don't care about other teams...

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 23, 2013, 09:07:52 pm by Donnybax »
Haha don't be stupid! Are you saying you won't look at teams before we play them because I don't know if you're aware but we have to play all of those teams you don't care about this season

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 23, 2013, 09:09:29 pm by GloucesterRover31 »

What do you think is going on behind the scenes then?  are they all sat doing f*** all or running a card school??

Honest opinion working bloody hard to secure investment = upon been successfull the rest will follow! The last time in the championship they couldn't secure the investment they turned to McKay and no one wants that! Jr can't fund everything himself the championship is so advanced now so he's clearly trying to gain new allays! Well like I say just my opinion

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 23, 2013, 09:10:55 pm by redbrez »
bad sense of humour but should this be in OFF TOPIC lol
 :suicide:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 23, 2013, 09:11:46 pm by Filo »
Stay on topic chaps, the phone number is in the link in the OP, they'll be able to listen to you and talk you through your despair

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 23, 2013, 09:12:30 pm by Chris »
This attitude sums up the VSC perfectly. You don't agree 100% with a particular decision made by the club? Well there must be something wrong with you!

I have a genuine question; are VSC directors/moderators allowed to publicly criticise the club? Do they fear that they'd lose the club's ear if they don't appear to back the club without hesitation?

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 23, 2013, 09:12:40 pm by not on facebook »
I dont give two shits what other teams have or have not done with 10 days to KO.

But iam a tad stressed at the state DRFC are in today on the playing side.

Its Been bugging me all along that rovers seem to have
Had a very light pre season schedule and only played one real team in motherwell.

Ok Bradford on saturday but thr week after the season
 starts,and i struggle to see donny starting the season
Via hitting the ground running.

Iam worried,but more Than happy to let them that run DRFC run DRFC without no shots Across Their bows from me.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 23, 2013, 09:13:20 pm by IDM »
Haha don't be stupid! Are you saying you won't look at teams before we play them because I don't know if you're aware but we have to play all of those teams you don't care about this season

Why should I care about the other teams...?  sure, once the season starts, I'll be aware of how our future opponents are playing, form, goalscorers etc - the point was I don't care enough to worry about how they are assembling their squads pre-season..

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 23, 2013, 09:13:55 pm by MrFrost »
This attitude sums up the VSC perfectly. You don't agree 100% with a particular decision made by the club? Well there must be something wrong with you!

I have a genuine question; are VSC directors/moderators allowed to publicly criticise the club? Do they fear that they'd lose the club's ear if they don't appear to back the club without hesitation?

I echo that.
The mods also seem to get away with personal abuse, where as normal members can't.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 23, 2013, 09:15:16 pm by dickos1 »
No there won't but how many teams don't have a single goalkeeper? Need 2 cbs a midfielder and a striker and have only sorted out 2 of the out of contracted players?

Irrelevant.

If you think we won't sign anyone from now until the first game then your dafter than I thought

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 23, 2013, 09:18:01 pm by Donnybax »

Irrelevant.

If you think we won't sign anyone from now until the first game then your dafter than I thought
I'd like to know where I've said we won't sign any players but we are currently underprepared and our squad should be bonding it will be hard for a keeper just to step in at the last minute as it will be for a cb and a striker in a very unforgiving league

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 23, 2013, 09:21:44 pm by dickos1 »
We'll have 4 or 5 new players signed up over the next 10 days.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 23, 2013, 09:22:38 pm by Donnybax »
Which is not in my opinion enough time for those players to adapt to the team sufficiently

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 23, 2013, 09:22:53 pm by RobTheRover »

I echo that.
The mods also seem to get away with personal abuse, where as normal members can't.

I dont know, Michael, you've had a pretty good go at me for one innocuous comment tonight, and I havent banned you.  I'm a big boy, I can take it.

Anyway, to answer the question (which is a good one, Chris) is no, we dont always agree with the club, but rather than rabble rouse on here we take those issues directly to them (along with the concerns you guys raise, which we do (regularly)).  Gavin and Shaun are good listeners and do their level best to find a way round, over or through those issues to the fan's and club's mutual benefit.  Sometimes it works fine, sometimes not, but the will is certainly there to meet us and deal with issues in a frank manner.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 23, 2013, 09:23:30 pm by coventryrover »

I echo that.

Why don't you set up your own forum?  genuine question.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 23, 2013, 09:24:12 pm by MrFrost »

I echo that.

Why are the mods able to dish out personal abuse which is in contrary to their own rules.
I don't have the time. I could do quite easily.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 23, 2013, 09:24:14 pm by roversam »
Yes Paul lol

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 23, 2013, 09:28:36 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I have a genuine question; are VSC directors/moderators allowed to publicly criticise the club?

Yes, and I will if there's something to moan about.

However, what I'm NOT going to do is continually make crap up on the flimsiest of pretexts just to have yet another moan.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on July 23, 2013, 09:29:09 pm by IDM »
Which is not in my opinion enough time for those players to adapt to the team sufficiently

I'd rather have the first 2 or 3 fixtures for the right players to settle in, than for 4 weeks of pre-season for the wrong ones...

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 23, 2013, 09:30:34 pm by bobjimwilly »
Why are the mods able to dish out personal abuse which is in contrary to their own rules.

Because - we are mods!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 23, 2013, 09:31:28 pm by Chris »

I echo that.

Eugh, on par with "until you have millions of pounds to invest, shut up".

Thanks for the reply, Rob. I appreciate that in the past this forum has been unfairly critical which is understandably annoying and incredibly counter-productive. However, I think more effort needs to be made by some mods/directors to differentiate comments from people who have genuine concerns from those from people who are being hysterically negative without good reason. That way I feel that concerns such as today's will be dealt with much quicker and in a much more satisfactory manner. There are certainly lessons to be learnt by all today.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 23, 2013, 09:31:54 pm by MrFrost »

Because - we are mods!

I was led to believe that as moderators, you have to follow your own rules. Clearly isn't the case. It's okay, because it's these episodes that show a lot of the VSC directors up for what they are, and ultimately damages your cause.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012