Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:17:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Samaritans  (Read 4127 times)

Donnybax

• Forum Member
Re: Samaritans
« Reply #30 on July 23, 2013, 09:34:02 pm by Donnybax »
Which is not in my opinion enough time for those players to adapt to the team sufficiently

I'd rather have the first 2 or 3 fixtures for the right players to settle in, than for 4 weeks of pre-season for the wrong ones...
and I believe getting your players prepared for the start of the season so they are bang right for the first game of the season is the correct way to go about things. We car afford just for first 3 or 4 games to be sort of training games where the players become familiar with each other

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 23, 2013, 09:37:26 pm by IDM »
I agree, it is the ideal way to go about preparations.  At least for the majority of the squad.  However with the transfer window open until the end of August there will be plenty more comings and goings.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 23, 2013, 09:52:47 pm by dickos1 »
Which is not in my opinion enough time for those players to adapt to the team sufficiently

I'd rather have the first 2 or 3 fixtures for the right players to settle in, than for 4 weeks of pre-season for the wrong ones...
and I believe getting your players prepared for the start of the season so they are bang right for the first game of the season is the correct way to go about things. We car afford just for first 3 or 4 games to be sort of training games where the players become familiar with each other

A few of them have possibly been training with us for a few weeks, and its no different than signing players mid season

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 23, 2013, 09:54:40 pm by Donnybax »

A few of them have possibly been training with us for a few weeks, and its no different than signing players mid season
do you know something we don't? Because our squad to Portugal consisted of one goalkeeper that didn't even play? Who might have been training with us?

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 23, 2013, 10:31:54 pm by Dr Fundlekrotch »
Presumably, if you are asserting that Maxted didn't play, then we had a goalkeeper there...unless we played without one

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 23, 2013, 10:42:35 pm by Donnybax »
Presumably, if you are asserting that Maxted didn't play, then we had a goalkeeper there...unless we played without one
in the squad that was announced maxted wasn't in it.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 23, 2013, 10:48:21 pm by dknward2 »
in the squad that was announced maxted wasn't in it.

He went when Marc de fernandez couldn't go

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 23, 2013, 11:56:12 pm by BobG »
When I was a lad I was led to believe by my Dad that rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012