Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:33:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Must be close?  (Read 2041 times)

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
Must be close?
« on July 24, 2013, 02:52:13 pm by roverssam1879 »
Surely to goodness JR and the gang must be close to a decision on the whole ''investment'' plan?

The guy has never made a bad call as of yet (Barring maybe the Mckay saga, which didnt do a deal of harm as we were doomed IMO either way)

Im just not sure that if its not done by the end of the week we will actually form a credible squad to display againt the seasiders. what is the chance of us having a full bench of  anything other than youth players?

we have had long enough to sort this out now and it feels almost like PD is working under a transfer embargo. with the ammount of supporters who did/dont feel PD was the right man for the job, surely this just adds more pressure for him to get out of the traps and get points as well as support on board.

I have now a little more time for the bloke seeing as he looks to be stuck between a rock and a hard place.

its no good using last year as an excuse as its a much more difficult league. no manager would like the task of masterminding a successful season when he does not yet have a complete squad to work with only 10 days before kick off?

top and bottom of it as some may be quick to mention.. it has nothing to do with us, but infact it does, we are the fans and the ones who have just as an important imput as the club itself, without us there would be no matchdays.

Fingers crossed that we will all look back in a few days time and think, what was all the panic about, we now have BS and a decent GK, but i for one am starting to worry a little, this is the time to build the foundation for the season ahead, but it seems someone forgot to hire the bricky.

I will be there regardless but id soone rthe club make me  :) a week on saturday than be  :unsure:

RTID

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Re: Must be close?
« Reply #1 on July 24, 2013, 02:59:03 pm by bobjimwilly »
I appreciate your concerns matey, as do all the VSC Directors and many others on the Viking Chat Forum.

I hope I can ease your worries at least a little by saying Gavin Baldwin, Terry Bramall, JR and all the other senior management, including PD, are working tirelessly to make sure we will be prepared for the start of the season.  We speak with Gavin on a daily basis and are convinced he is taking the right steps and making the best decisions for the club.

It may seem like things are getting tight, but it is actually like this most seasons, and with us getting promoted there is more pressure on making the right decisions, rather than being forced into making them.

Keep the faith!

:scarf:

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 24, 2013, 03:03:40 pm by oggycompton »
It will be sorted all in good time. The names you have mentioned have never let us down before and I trust them to make the right decision for the club yet again. Keep the faith.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 24, 2013, 03:06:06 pm by Dare to dream! »
It must be close otherwise we wouldn't be waiting to sign players

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 24, 2013, 03:09:31 pm by wilts rover »
Anyone remember when Billy Sharp arrived on loan (the first time). Five minutes before the transfer deadline closed at the end of August.

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 24, 2013, 03:11:05 pm by Katesby »
I'm losing interest right now

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 24, 2013, 03:21:02 pm by MiKA »
I wonder what the odds are at Paddy Power on Paddy Power being the leading figure of this secret Irish investment!     :chair:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 24, 2013, 03:28:27 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm with Rob we all have the same squad concerns and want to see the best side possible.

What is important is the right decisions are made for the long term sustainable future of the football club as the long life of the club is far more important than the next few weeks.  I'd sooner wait that little bit longer and get the right things done than get the short things done quickly. 

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 24, 2013, 05:38:21 pm by roverssam1879 »
I'm with Rob we all have the same squad concerns and want to see the best side possible.

What is important is the right decisions are made for the long term sustainable future of the football club as the long life of the club is far more important than the next few weeks.  I'd sooner wait that little bit longer and get the right things done than get the short things done quickly. 

I do echo your thoughts on the ''lets make the right decision long term'' but im struggling to see why its so late in the day. i understand that the business is a live ongoing subject, it just gets to me why this could not have been resolved sooner in the best interest of the playing squad we dont actually have.

The pre season dates are out there long before the season ends but it seems like we have lost track of time, 10 out of 10 for making the correct decisions but in this situation its a big fat 0 for timekeeping and preparing. time after all, is money and as we all know too well, you cant stand around too long in footy without making a move.

I guess if the aforementioned names are working tirelesly behind the scences then that all we can ask for, i guess its only natural to want to  be kept up to date, but then again thats why we arnt running the club.

fingers crossed. I hope we have something substantial to cheer about in the coming hours, not days :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012