Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:19:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bradford City Vs. T.L.O. Doncaster.  (Read 6315 times)

DRNaith

• VSC Member
Re: Bradford City Vs. T.L.O. Doncaster.
« Reply #30 on July 27, 2013, 04:47:07 pm by DRNaith »
FT 2-1 to Rovers

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 27, 2013, 04:50:11 pm by CottyRover »
Now for the real stuff!

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 27, 2013, 04:51:58 pm by Pintolager »
FT 2-1 to Rovers

Only a friendly I know, but a nice way to finish off the pre-season games and against useful opposition too. Now for the build up to next Saturday and with the new signings set to happen (crossed fingers) then we can look forward with a bit of confidence I reckon

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 27, 2013, 04:54:44 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I make that us unbeaten this pre season?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 27, 2013, 05:01:15 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I make that us unbeaten this pre season?

4 wins and a draw.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 27, 2013, 05:10:57 pm by Metalmicky »
Any views on the performances of the 'possible' new centreback?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 27, 2013, 05:32:37 pm by Dare to dream! »
Just reading from the stuff from twitter seem's Wells gave us plenty of problems.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 05:42:12 pm by Dare to dream! »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 27, 2013, 06:24:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Was a good game by pre-season standards. First half, with Wellens, Furman, Duffy, Copps and Cotts all putting together some sharp passing moves at times.

Second half, when Wellens went off it left Furman to orchestrate our decent moves. We were perhaps stretched a bit more in second half and a couple of times be got a bit sloppy giving the ball away and letting them get a few crosses in. Bizzare goal for their equaliser with Maxted who, similar to Woods, is reluctand to come of his line, got in a tangle with one of our defenders (hard to tell who), tried to hoof it and got block back in to our own net.

We also carved open some good chances of our own, and 2 golden chances went begging after blocks and a clearance off the line when it looked easier to score. Bennett fluffed on when one on one with the keeper, tried to dummy him 4 times, but soon after the ball end up in the net when Copps aimed for the top corner, hit Bennett on the head and went in to the opposite corner !

I worry about Spurr being too slow at times, leaving big holes being caught out of position, dragging Jones out to the wing to cover, leaving space in the middle.

The Spurs lad did ok. He looked a bit raw but stuck to his task. 

Overall though quite a pleasing run out and good to see the ball staying on the deck much more.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 27, 2013, 06:32:15 pm by RobTheRover »
Thanks Baz.  Sounds like Wellens made a big difference to the midfield in De Val's absence

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on July 27, 2013, 06:33:49 pm by idler »
I thought that Wellens had a good first half and played some good balls but on two occasions gave the ball away cheaply by being complacent. Great to see him back though.
The Spurs lad did ok but needs to sharpen up which I think will come in training.
We let them come back into it in the second half but both teams were playing well within themselves.
We played some very nice composed football, keeping it on the floor but I'm not sure how we will look if we go a goal behind.
Billy, Kyle and Cotts all wasted very good opportunities and Maxted saved a one on one but all in all a good work out for both sides.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 27, 2013, 07:47:51 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We let them in when we switched to 4-4-2.  I get the distinct impression the 4-2-3-1 suits us more and is Dickov's favoured style.  Stand out was Duffy for me, thought Jones and Spurr had off days aswell.

The impressive bit for me was the first half link up play between that attacking midfiled 3, one/two touch stuff, sublime to watch.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on July 27, 2013, 07:53:15 pm by RobTheRover »
Very positive stuff.  Bradford are on the crest of a wave and will rife that through this season, I reckon.  We've done well to get a win there.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on July 27, 2013, 08:59:38 pm by graingrover »
and from Bradford forum

"Thoroughly enjoyable game despite losing. In parts you could tell they were a class above with players such as Cotterill who was brilliant through out. I also like their big centre half Jones, played Hanson very well. As regards to the result, a draw would of( sic) been fair " 
        sic but I hate that mistake 'of 'instead of HAVE FFS

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 03, 2013, 02:53:16 pm by philsky »

Good afternoon fellas.

Here we go again.

#rtid

TinyPortal © 2005-2012