Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:17:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Food, Tannoy etc  (Read 4796 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Food, Tannoy etc
« on August 07, 2013, 09:26:14 am by MrFrost »
Tried a burger last night - and thought it was very good.
Still cooked to order though which meant long queue's.

And why is Dominos only available in the West Stand?

Tannoy still poor. We need a new system by the sound of it. Have we decided to do away with the commentary of past games playing over the music already?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
Re: Food, Tannoy etc
« Reply #1 on August 07, 2013, 09:29:24 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Tannoy still poor. We need a new system by the sound of it. Have we decided to do away with the commentary of past games playing over the music already?

After the damage that part did to my eardrumbs on Saturday I'm not surprised :)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 07, 2013, 09:55:31 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Have we decided to do away with the commentary of past games playing over the music already?

No but it's not quite ready and working yet as we saw on Saturday it didn't go to plan, in the future it will be right though and sound good IMO.  Hopefully by Blackburn, but it needs to be right to have a good effect.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 07, 2013, 09:59:25 am by Dagenham Rover »
I like the way the teams were read Rovers with the sponsors at the first team reading, then just names prior to kick off, can that be kept like that?

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 07, 2013, 10:20:06 am by Jenny »
I thought the Tannoy, whilst still not perfect, sounded better than it did on Saturday.

The balti pies were still awesome.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 07, 2013, 11:01:25 am by bobjimwilly »
I like the way the teams were read Rovers with the sponsors at the first team reading, then just names prior to kick off, can that be kept like that?

:that:

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 07, 2013, 12:48:13 pm by POD »
The man on the tannoy was good again last night.  He just needs to get his timing right with the team announcements.

On Saturday he didn't have time to read out the Blackpool team before Kick Off and last night, the referee was waiting to kick off whilst he was still finishing the Rovers team, so he didn't have time to let us know who was on the bench.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 07, 2013, 12:49:22 pm by DRNaith »
I'm sure that practice will make perfect  ;)

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 07, 2013, 01:04:07 pm by godlike1 »
I had the chicken burger last night, which was actually nice

The chips are proving popular and seem to be the main thing flying out

My old man had the steak pie which he said was also nice

Service was still alittle slow but variable with some staff seemingly getting the hint to get people served as soon as possible and some still alittle wary of what their doing and so taking that bit longer. i'm sure (hope) they will get better as the season progresses. 

I would say that for the 15min onslaught at half time they really do need more staff though to get it just right.

It was great being able to pay on the gate although they ran out of concession tickets ?????????? becuase it was only £10 to get in for full price my dad did not mind paying, but you would think they would print enough of each type of ticket to cover the whole area available e.g. 1/3 concessions 2/3 full price or even 50/50.  I appreciate it is a gamble to get right but it seems they were along way off with estimates

overall a good showing from the rovers back room and a result of IRWT

by the way, when is there going to be a spin off, of tops, t-shirts and polo shirts of IRWT with both rovers and the vikings logos on?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 07, 2013, 01:20:59 pm by MrFrost »
Any answer as to why Dominos only in West Stand?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 07, 2013, 01:25:30 pm by silent majority »
Yes, because the project isn't complete as yet.

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 07, 2013, 01:25:52 pm by SLO@DRFC »
The idea is to be able to hawk them out to the East and South in the future. However the priority is to ensure they get the basics right first before doing so. Its a case of watch this space.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 07, 2013, 01:46:58 pm by Al4475 »
POD: Thank you for your positive comments about my work on the Mic last night! I felt it was better than Saturday for various reasons - most notably the mic (while still not perfect) was 100x better than Sats - fair play to Shaun for coming good with getting a new one in for me!

On Saturday he didn't have time to read out the Blackpool team before Kick Off and last night, the referee was waiting to kick off whilst he was still finishing the Rovers team, so he didn't have time to let us know who was on the bench.

I was told that there was no obligation to read the away team out second time round on Saturday and that it could detract from the build up for our boys, so by general consensus we left it out. Feedback from the weekend then people felt that it needed to be in hence it was put in last night!

The timing wasn't far out to be fair - we're working on a cue from me to start WILD ROVER, but that depends on the ref too as he pulls the teams into the tunnel and keeps them there for as long or as short as he wishes. Last night he pulled em out pretty quick!

I also listened to the feedback that people put on Saturday about being more respectful to our local rivals so kept that in mind too.

The music balance should have been better as it was when we test ran the equipment before the game - what was the balance like in the concourses?

Overall it was crisper last night and will continue to improve no doubt!
Thanks again
Al

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 07, 2013, 02:30:47 pm by LincolnDonny »

Are they going to deliver any in the ground within 15 minutes? Free if later than that? :chair:

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 07, 2013, 02:37:38 pm by DearneValleyRover »
 A quick point Al but why did you give out Forest's score amongst our local rival's scores? Has Yorkshire decided to expand?  :coat:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 07, 2013, 02:42:10 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
You sounded good on Player, a natural, best I've heard at a Donny game, keep up the good work :)

A quick point Al but why did you give out Forest's score amongst our local rival's scores? Has Yorkshire decided to expand?  :coat:
Is Donny in Yorkshire?? Oh yes, just ;)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 07, 2013, 04:06:07 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
They don't do 2 for Tuesdays in the ground I noticed ;)

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 07, 2013, 05:16:37 pm by Al4475 »
Dvr - it's pretty local - lol! I think we should've put derby in too - not yorkshire admittedly but close ennough! Haha!

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 07, 2013, 05:20:39 pm by Al4475 »
Brr - many thanks indeed - that's fab! Cheers!

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 08, 2013, 01:35:56 pm by CraigyBoy »
The tannoy thing is like listening to Norman collier. It's awful. Plus the squad read outs take longer than waiting for a chris brown goal! Read the squad out earlier than when the ref is standing there and none of us wants you to keep talking, we just want the game to start. Good on you an all that and good luck, but the last thing you should be saying is "come on rovers" when the teams are coming out.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 08, 2013, 02:30:17 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
..... but the last thing you should be saying is "come on rovers" when the teams are coming out.
I think that exactly what he should say  :thumbsup: :clapping: :woohoo: :woot:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 08, 2013, 02:46:15 pm by RedJ »
the last thing you should be saying is "come on rovers" when the teams are coming out.

Yes, the last thing he should be saying is what most other fans are saying eh..

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 08, 2013, 02:50:55 pm by Donnywolf »

I would have thought they would be in the East Stand as you seem to get Pizzan-quiet over there !

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 08, 2013, 02:57:07 pm by LincsRover »
the last thing you should be saying is "come on rovers" when the teams are coming out.

CraigyBoy - I may have got this wrong, hard to tell from just words without emphasis, but are you saying "The last thing he should say is come on rovers" as in the last thing before kick off the announcer should say is "Come on Rovers!" or are you saying that he shouldn't say it at all? I'm with these two that he should say it as most announcers at grounds are partisan so why shouldn't we?, even if just to get the fans saying it!

:rtid:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 08, 2013, 03:03:08 pm by Donnywolf »

CraigyBoy - I may have got this wrong, hard to tell from just words without emphasis, but are you saying "The last thing he should say is come on rovers" as in the last thing before kick off the announcer should say is "Come on Rovers!" or are you saying that he shouldn't say it at all? I'm with these two that he should say it as most announcers at grounds are partisan so why shouldn't we?, even if just to get the fans saying it!

Partisan they are

Who can forget that nauseas announcer at Hull City and that gut wrenching - North Stand "say Hello" followed by the other 2 stands in which the away Fans are not seated !

Bloody embarrassing - and Al is polite in the extreme compared to that git !

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 08, 2013, 03:03:23 pm by yapper1901 »
POD: Thank you for your positive comments about my work on the Mic last night! I felt it was better than Saturday for various reasons - most notably the mic (while still not perfect) was 100x better than Sats - fair play to Shaun for coming good with getting a new one in for me!

I was told that there was no obligation to read the away team out second time round on Saturday and that it could detract from the build up for our boys, so by general consensus we left it out. Feedback from the weekend then people felt that it needed to be in hence it was put in last night!

The timing wasn't far out to be fair - we're working on a cue from me to start WILD ROVER, but that depends on the ref too as he pulls the teams into the tunnel and keeps them there for as long or as short as he wishes. Last night he pulled em out pretty quick!

I also listened to the feedback that people put on Saturday about being more respectful to our local rivals so kept that in mind too.

The music balance should have been better as it was when we test ran the equipment before the game - what was the balance like in the concourses?

Overall it was crisper last night and will continue to improve no doubt!
Thanks again
Al

To be honest fella I thought you were fantastic and apart fron the crappy PA system (which you can't help) I thought you did a fine job

Much better than the last guy who did it and I really liked the come on rovers (or words to that effect) before the game showed a bit of passion and got the crowd going a bit

Also really like the fact you read out the local sides results

So from me keep up good work

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 08, 2013, 03:05:42 pm by RedJ »

If this is the case then I apologise for misinterpreting. Difficult to tell from text as LR alludes to.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012