Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:06:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tommy Spurr  (Read 12242 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Tommy Spurr
« Reply #60 on August 15, 2013, 03:04:27 pm by dickos1 »
Without reading through the entire thread, which has turned into a typical 'Viking Chat' mess, I was just wondering if anyone could provide me with a link or some sort of proof that Spurr had said he'd been offered a contract and then that he was going to sign it?

Why would there be proof? It was a conversation between him and supporters. Which was spoke about on here long before he jumped to Blackburn.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Milepostuk

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 15, 2013, 03:20:45 pm by Milepostuk »
I've never understood why some fans feel they need to know every miniscule thing that happens at their club. All I want to know is who's signed and who's left, when the fixtures and how much it'll cost me to get in. What else do you want to know ??

Perhaps the next time Mr Boomstick goes for a job interview we can all sit in on it...seems fair eh ?

I thought I was the only one phew.

We don't need to know the ins and outs of contracts and to be honest I just cannot see why a football club like rovers would do that. I don't believe the spurr story one bit I'm afraid but it's irrelevant now he's gone it doesn't matter and he'll get no rousing reception from me tomorrow as if he wanted to stay he'd still be here.

Agreed.  Even if the contract was late coming for him, its hard to believe that we offered more money and, he turned it down and, he wanted to stay here!

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on August 15, 2013, 03:30:28 pm by Jimmydee »
Nobody has mentioned about what kind of reception  Tommy Spurr will get on Friday, I will certainly cheer/applaud his effort for his past service, we will certainly miss his long throw ins.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on August 15, 2013, 03:32:32 pm by RobTheRover »
I'm sure he will get a good reception..... then the ref will blow the whistle and he will get a dogs life! lol

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on August 15, 2013, 03:38:24 pm by CraigyBoy »
I know what I believe - that spurr jumped onto the first ship that came along offering more dollars. That's what footy is about now - cash. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 15, 2013, 03:39:58 pm by mattco »
I think Spurr was hanging on waiting to see if the cash injection from new sponsors was going to happen and then argue for a better deal.  When it didn't he followed the bucks.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on August 15, 2013, 04:04:57 pm by Chris »
Without reading through the entire thread, which has turned into a typical 'Viking Chat' mess, I was just wondering if anyone could provide me with a link or some sort of proof that Spurr had said he'd been offered a contract and then that he was going to sign it?

Why would there be proof? It was a conversation between him and supporters. Which was spoke about on here long before he jumped to Blackburn.

Because people are talking about it as if there's unquestionable proof that Spurr said these things. I tend to take "had a chat with PlayerX and he said..." posts on forums with a pinch of salt.

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 15, 2013, 04:10:37 pm by donnyproletarian »
Spare a thought for Tommy SPURR who  left rovers  on the SPUR of the moment and DE- SPARED at the thought of SPARING fans feelings by creating a cock and bull story about not needing SPARE cash.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on August 15, 2013, 04:11:16 pm by Rios »
Silent Majority the VSC spin doctor.

You need to explain that one to me gaz.

He believes you are a member of a dodgy 1990's band?

Worst album I ever bought that... it had one decent song on it (the one that got in the charts) and the rest was bilge of the highest order!

Phoenix

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 15, 2013, 06:02:38 pm by Phoenix »

Because people are talking about it as if there's unquestionable proof that Spurr said these things. I tend to take "had a chat with PlayerX and he said..." posts on forums with a pinch of salt.

I was thinking the same thing. How has it flipped round so that now we're supposed to think that "talking to Filo" or whoever is more reliable than a written news report?

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on August 15, 2013, 06:19:15 pm by RedArmy »
We should of kept tommy spurr if we had the chance. end off.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 15, 2013, 06:21:08 pm by RedJ »
We should of kept tommy spurr if we had the chance. end off.

Well we did try.. at the end of the day he was a free agent and he head the power.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on August 15, 2013, 06:24:59 pm by ditch_drfc »
This is the same Tommy Spurr who told supporters at the Rossington game he had been offered a new contract?

Sorry but supporters lie... People say that players told them stuff all the time when they clearly didn't.

More inclined to believe what he's put in the paper to be honest. And more fool us for not keeping him with us.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on August 15, 2013, 06:52:51 pm by dickos1 »
The conversation was long before he went to Blackburn and was put on here long before,so why would people have made that up?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 15, 2013, 06:54:41 pm by Jonathan »
Reading between the lines, I would imagine that we offered him a contract based on the outcome of the investment talks which, like the contract, amounted to nothing.

I think it's widely known that Spurr was one of the top earners at the club. I'd imagine everyone would have liked to have kept him in an ideal world, but maybe it just wasn't feasible for all parties. He always gave everything for us so hopefully he'll get a good reception and we all move on.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 15, 2013, 06:58:23 pm by wing commander »
Jonathon,I'm not sure talking sence is allowed on here today...you better check with a mod..:-)

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on August 15, 2013, 07:02:33 pm by Wellred »
Jonathon,I'm not sure talking sence is allowed on here today...you better check with a mod..:-)

or even typing "sense"

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on August 15, 2013, 07:08:29 pm by chrisd_123 »
This is the same Tommy Spurr who told supporters at the Rossington game he had been offered a new contract?

Sorry but supporters lie... People say that players told them stuff all the time when they clearly didn't.

More inclined to believe what he's put in the paper to be honest. And more fool us for not keeping him with us.

The supporters who tend to "lie" about this sort of stuff are you teenagers on Twitter who want to appear cool and ITK. If people were going to lie then why would they make up something as dull as talking to a player in a public environment when many spoke to him and others that day? Also why would so many make up the same "lie"?

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 15, 2013, 07:08:44 pm by CraigyBoy »

or even typing "sense"

Hahahaha

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on August 15, 2013, 07:10:16 pm by Filo »

I was thinking the same thing. How has it flipped round so that now we're supposed to think that "talking to Filo" or whoever is more reliable than a written news report?

He did n`t talk to me, it was some one else, but`s lets say he did talk to me and then I went away and published in a local newspaper, would that give it more credence?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on August 15, 2013, 07:10:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Can we sum this argument up so we don't have to listen to any more interminable sounding off?

In summary it goes like this
People who think that the club is run by morons believe that we didn't offer Spurr a contract and as a result he had no option but to leave. These are generally the same people who believe that the club regularly lies to them and deceives them. They are generally the people who kept schtum when we won the title last year, then came back on here in force whining when we refused to sign Messi, Ronaldo and the ghost of Clarrie f**king Jordan.

The rest of us reckon that the club offered Spurr a contract that didn't come up to his own self-valuation, so he hawked himself round and got a better deal.

Can we now draw a line under it at that?

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on August 15, 2013, 07:12:38 pm by Chris »

He did n`t talk to me, it was some one else, but`s lets say he did talk to me and then I went away and published in a local newspaper, would that give it more credence?

Well the point is they probably wouldn't publish it.

Phoenix

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on August 15, 2013, 07:13:49 pm by Phoenix »

It'd be surprising, given you're a taxi driver.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on August 15, 2013, 07:22:11 pm by wing commander »
Haha Brilliant synopsis Billy.Step forward Craigyboy,Wellred and the rest of the bunch...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on August 15, 2013, 07:28:12 pm by Filo »

How do you know I`m a taxi driver, you only have my word for it, posted on an internet forum, why have you not taken that with a pinch of salt?

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on August 15, 2013, 07:30:36 pm by Chris »

How do you know I`m a taxi driver, you only have my word for it, posted on an internet forum, why have you not taken that with a pinch of salt?

You are the most pathetic thing I've ever come across.

Phoenix

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on August 15, 2013, 07:35:24 pm by Phoenix »

Oh come on. You're being totally ridiculous now.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on August 15, 2013, 07:41:24 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
A reminder not to play childish games chaps - keep on topic please.

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on August 15, 2013, 07:44:07 pm by CraigyBoy »
Haha Brilliant synopsis Billy.Step forward Craigyboy,Wellred and the rest of the bunch...

I think you might have just shown yourself up there wing commander. Scroll up and read what I said. I think you'll find I said that I thought spurr jumped ship for better cash.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on August 15, 2013, 07:46:53 pm by Chris »
A reminder not to play childish games chaps - keep on topic please.

I made what I believe to be a valid point about football rumours being posted by fans on forums. Once again it's a moderator who is the biggest culprit for making ridiculously childish comments.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012