Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 07:49:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just caught John ryan on the wireless  (Read 23193 times)

bigal

• Forum Member
Re: Just caught John ryan on the wireless
« Reply #90 on August 17, 2013, 04:04:12 pm by bigal »
Can any one answer this question. What has it got to do with us if JR wants to sell up

That can't be a serious question. Are you sure?
Of course its a serious question its not your money is it. Is the
question to hard to answer

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on August 17, 2013, 04:19:05 pm by wing commander »
Wellred Personaly I done think you care much about anything other than having a go at the vsc.We all know that..

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on August 17, 2013, 04:21:09 pm by Copps is Magic »
Can any one answer this question. What has it got to do with us if JR wants to sell up

Bigal, I am sorry to get mildly offensive but I find it hard to believe you are this stupid.

You are essentially asking what does the club have to do with the fans.

Just think about that for a minute.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on August 17, 2013, 04:22:04 pm by silent majority »

John and others may own the club financially, but the supporters and the community own it emotionally. Football is not a normal business in that sense.

So, in answer to your question, if somebody is selling my football club then it's got everything to do with me.

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on August 17, 2013, 04:27:10 pm by bigal »

John and others may own the club financially, but the supporters and the community own it emotionally. Football is not a normal business in that sense.

So, in answer to your question, if somebody is selling my football club then it's got everything to do with me.
Only if you intend buying it and i do not think that will happen

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on August 17, 2013, 04:39:16 pm by silent majority »
I despair!

If JR does screw up then we will have to buy the club, as per the Pompey Trust, Exeter, Chester, Wrexham, etc etc etc.

These things happen because people like you think it's nothing to do with them. It is.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 04:42:46 pm by silent majority »

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on August 17, 2013, 04:46:57 pm by Wellred »
Wellred Personaly I done think you care much about anything other than having a go at the vsc.We all know that..

Wing Commander. I don't give a stuff about what you think.
I personally believe the VSC do a lot of good for supporters of Doncaster Rovers.
Equally I think there are a lot of idiots associated with it.
I will let you decide which category I put you in.

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on August 17, 2013, 04:51:31 pm by bigal »
It is you who is stupid the question has not yet been answered so will ask again what has it got to do with you how somebody spends there
money hope thats not to difficult for you

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on August 17, 2013, 04:56:04 pm by PDX_Rover »
We all love Rovers. For better, for worse, in good times and bad.

If JR wants to sell up and foot his feet up in South Africa (I imagine), then he has the right to do so, and he can retire with his place in history intact. However, the deal has to be right for the club and the longevity of the club. And if JR has gone and solicited "the Irish" on his own, when he's a minority shareholder (compared to Dick and Terry) without first discussing it with his fellow owners, then IMO that's not on.

I've been a partner in a business with two other partners, and 3 may well be the magic number in daisy age hip hop, but it's challenging in business. I sold out my shares at the end of last year, but I did so to my partners, not to some fourth party who I solicited myself.

Bottom line: the deal has to be suitable to all parties not just one who is keen to cash out to anyone.

Westferry had zero interest in Rovers - they were after the OBV site, which they got and presumably will make a handsome profit on with the proposed development.
I'd speculate that the interest now from those same people, albeit under a different monicker, is chuff all to do with Rovers but more to do with potential land development.

TB is right to err on the side of caution.

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on August 17, 2013, 05:14:58 pm by bigal »

If JR wants to sell up and foot his feet up in South Africa (I imagine), then he has the right to do so, and he can retire with his place in history intact. However, the deal has to be right for the club and the longevity of the club. And if JR has gone and solicited "the Irish" on his own, when he's a minority shareholder (compared to Dick and Terry) without first discussing it with his fellow owners, then IMO that's not on.

I've been a partner in a business with two other partners, and 3 may well be the magic number in daisy age hip hop, but it's challenging in business. I sold out my shares at the end of last year, but I did so to my partners, not to some fourth party who I solicited myself.

Bottom line: the deal has to be suitable to all parties not just one who is keen to cash out to anyone.

Westferry had zero interest in Rovers - they were after the OBV site, which they got and presumably will make a handsome profit on with the proposed development.
I'd speculate that the interest now from those same people, albeit under a different monicker, is chuff all to do with Rovers but more to do with potential land development.

I understand what you are saying and very well put but if JR wants to sell all the talking in the world will not change that.JR saved
the club what right have we to tell him what to do with his money

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on August 17, 2013, 05:19:47 pm by Al4475 »
WE have no right - but TB and DW do if the discussion is regarding the 'business' that the three of them are the major shareholders in!

For me - if JR wants out (and it's probably a big IF) then ideally TB/DW buy him out and continue the fine work the three of them have started!

Just my thoughts!

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on August 17, 2013, 05:23:57 pm by bigal »
WE have no right - but TB and DW do if the discussion is regarding the 'business' that the three of them are the major shareholders in!

For me - if JR wants out (and it's probably a big IF) then ideally TB/DW buy him out and continue the fine work the three of them have started!

Just my thoughts!
That sounds okay to me

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on August 17, 2013, 05:40:35 pm by Wild Rover »

Westferry / SC ( same lot , different name) are NOT the people buying JR/TB/DW et al out, they are AGENTS for another party ( whoever that may be ), so all the hoo-ha about SC buying DRFC is not warrented, they are agents, and as such will get agents cut from any deal. The time to worry( or feel relief ), is when the people with the money make themselves known.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on August 17, 2013, 06:09:04 pm by steve@dcfd »

Yes it's owned emotionally by 4500 season ticket holders who would be devastated if the club should fold. Ask the thousands of ex miners who lost there jobs and communities in the 90s when their owners did not give a damn. But the population of Doncaster is over 290,000 so the total community don't own it emotionally really do they.
 I believe JR does not want to see the club fold so if wants to accept this investment, questions can be asked but not putting blocks in the way. Lets not forget the VSC is speaking for its members not even  all 4500 season ticket holders.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:43:28 pm by steve@dcfd »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on August 17, 2013, 06:32:40 pm by River Don »

Westferry / SC ( same lot , different name) are NOT the people buying JR/TB/DW et al out, they are AGENTS for another party ( whoever that may be ), so all the hoo-ha about SC buying DRFC is not warrented, they are agents, and as such will get agents cut from any deal. The time to worry( or feel relief ), is when the people with the money make themselves known.

Agreed. But why don't they make themselves known? Why are they trying to close down debate?

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on August 17, 2013, 06:43:14 pm by Herman Hessian »
Why are they trying to close down debate?

because they either having something to hide or something to lose by the debate continuing unimpeded along the path on which it was set

either way, it's self interest or self protection taking precedence over over clarity and openness - unless someone is in a position to state otherwise, of course, by intimating that it's a case of stepping in to protect the ignorant/innocent which i have intimated may be the case elsewhere...

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on August 17, 2013, 06:50:08 pm by Wild Rover »
RD,
Its SC who  a certain amount of , for want of a better word, vitreol, have been aimed at, now, without mentioning names of SC, one in particular, has been of a Questionable past, references made to his dealings at the Moriarty tribunal over here.
Now as some of the "stuff" has not as yet been sorted by said Tribunal, its highly unlikely SC would wish it to be plastered all over the www, hence the reason for the letter to VSC. Its not stifling debate, its probably causing more if anything. Just curbed some posters "Remarks".
As for why the prospective owner(s) have not made themselves known, i dont have a clue, but, in SC own words, a "Belize Billionaire" if fronting the bid. Now its my bet that he didnt make his money in "Property" or "land aquisition", so cant see that being his or her motive for take over. Maybe he or she is like many of these entrapanuers who take over at a club, just do it to say they own a club, and get a little excitement from football.
Seems like there are currently a lot of Chinease seeking clubs in england at the moment, I think i may be more worried about a chinease takeover than a man or woman from Belize.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on August 17, 2013, 06:55:49 pm by bobjimwilly »
Just an early warning to let you know we may have to remove/move this thread due to the same reasons as the last one being deleted. We don't want to be receiving solicitors letters again, nor do we want any forum users to be getting into any legal disputes.

So if this thread disappears, you know why.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on August 17, 2013, 06:58:11 pm by dickos1 »

Thank you wild rover, precisely what I've been trying to say all day

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on August 17, 2013, 07:00:19 pm by Herman Hessian »
i'm sorry - the whole Belize billionaire thing ISN'T a piss-take, seriously ?

i was all ready to telex them my bank account details so that they could take few hundred quid up front which would be no more than an administrative fee enabling them to, in turn, deposit fourteen million dollars back in to my own account, too....

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on August 17, 2013, 07:03:17 pm by RedJ »
RD,
Its SC who  a certain amount of , for want of a better word, vitreol, have been aimed at, now, without mentioning names of SC, one in particular, has been of a Questionable past, references made to his dealings at the Moriarty tribunal over here.
Now as some of the "stuff" has not as yet been sorted by said Tribunal, its highly unlikely SC would wish it to be plastered all over the www, hence the reason for the letter to VSC. Its not stifling debate, its probably causing more if anything. Just curbed some posters "Remarks".
As for why the prospective owner(s) have not made themselves known, i dont have a clue, but, in SC own words, a "Belize Billionaire" if fronting the bid. Now its my bet that he didnt make his money in "Property" or "land aquisition", so cant see that being his or her motive for take over. Maybe he or she is like many of these entrapanuers who take over at a club, just do it to say they own a club, and get a little excitement from football.
Seems like there are currently a lot of Chinease seeking clubs in england at the moment, I think i may be more worried about a chinease takeover than a man or woman from Belize.

For all we know though it could be a Chinese bloke living in Belize. After all, it is a tax haven and there's nothing to say that isn't the case.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on August 17, 2013, 07:10:33 pm by River Don »
A certain telecommunications company who started in the Caribean have interests across Central America including Belize. It's funny interest is emanating from those parts?

Better move this thread I think. It might upset our benign new owners we aren't allowed to talk about.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on August 17, 2013, 07:53:58 pm by River Don »
I think he means, it's JR's to do with it has he pleases.

Nope it's about a third his.

If it had been his he would have sold already, that he has told us.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on August 17, 2013, 07:56:24 pm by Herman Hessian »
Just an early warning to let you know we may have to remove/move this thread due to the same reasons as the last one being deleted.

which were ?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on August 17, 2013, 07:59:54 pm by wing commander »
I Havent got a problem with what you think Wellred...because all you constantly do is try and antagonize posters...Which is just as well because you don't seem able to understand the most basic of points..

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on August 17, 2013, 08:12:24 pm by not on facebook »
All This mention Of JR might wanting to sell his
Shares Of DRFC to whoever.

Somert Thats not been mentioned which makes good food for thought

He let is number 28 be signed Across to the one direction pop star.

Is  that  a sign Of intention?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on August 17, 2013, 08:22:35 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Just an early warning to let you know we may have to remove/move this thread due to the same reasons as the last one being deleted.

which were ?

Someone was mentioned who didn't like something about how he was mentioned. Character slurr? I'm not sure. Anyway his legal team, sent a letter to an individual, not an invite to tea and scones. So said thread was removed. Details of what exactly was the problem haven't been made clear.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on August 17, 2013, 08:44:52 pm by DonnyRTID »
If someone made a slanderous comment against me I'd probably react in the same way.

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on August 17, 2013, 09:05:37 pm by CraigyBoy »
I know lots of rovers fans who are excited by the potential deal. I welcome it too. Why is it that some fans constantly fight against change. Their houses/lives must be very boring. These are exciting times. Lets get this deal done and see where my club can go.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on August 17, 2013, 09:15:29 pm by River Don »
I know lots of rovers fans who are excited by the potential deal. I welcome it too. Why is it that some fans constantly fight against change. Their houses/lives must be very boring. These are exciting times. Lets get this deal done and see where my club can go.

You don't get something for nothing. You certainly don't get £40million for nothing.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012