Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 04:51:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just caught John ryan on the wireless  (Read 23185 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: Just caught John ryan on the wireless
« Reply #30 on August 17, 2013, 10:31:20 am by Wellred »
Everyone? or just the VSC luddites.

I resent that remark Wellred. Thoroughly underserved, especially when you're talking about people you don't even know.
We would all embrace change as much as the next person - look at our relationship with the new CEO!

You can start name calling all you want, it doesn't make your argument for selling our club to an unknown buyer, because 1/3 of the board want to, any stronger.

You can resent the remark as much as you want.

You are saying I am talking about people I don't know .
It is perfectly fine for you talk about people you don't know who are attempting to take over the club however. But that is different isn't it?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 17, 2013, 10:32:41 am by Wellred »
I am as much likely to hand them the keys for a promise of a day in the sun as you and your cronies seem hell bent on stopping it.

Do you think Pompey fans have enjoyed their ride recently? Or Coventry fans? I'm afraid there's no arguing with fans who would risk our club in such a way for one shot at the premiership (did anyone tell you promotion isn't guaranteed by the way?)

Do you think Cardiff fans have enjoyed their ride recently?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 17, 2013, 10:34:54 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I am as much likely to hand them the keys for a promise of a day in the sun as you and your cronies seem hell bent on stopping it.

Do you think Pompey fans have enjoyed their ride recently? Or Coventry fans? I'm afraid there's no arguing with fans who would risk our club in such a way for one shot at the premiership (did anyone tell you promotion isn't guaranteed by the way?)

Will they still enjoy it when the money disappears?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 17, 2013, 10:38:45 am by Wellred »

Will they still enjoy it when the money disappears?

Will Southampton as well?

What will happen to Doncaster Rovers if TB and DW decide to pull out?

So now you are not only a vsc director but Mystic Meg as well?

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 17, 2013, 10:41:45 am by Lipsy »
And another thread goes...

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 17, 2013, 10:44:33 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Of course I'm not Mystic Meg. Neither are you. Neither is JR. The future is not pre-determined, it's fashioned by our actions and the best we can do to shape the future is to have actions designed to shape that future as best we wish. You don't do that by handing your future to someone you don't know lock, stock and barrel. If you want to live your life as a member of the Dangerous Sports Club that's up to you, but don't drag DRFC along with you.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 17, 2013, 10:46:56 am by Wellred »

Of course I'm not Mystic Meg. Neither are you. Neither is JR. The future is not pre-determined, it's fashioned by our actions and the best we can do to shape the future is to have actions designed to shape that future as best we wish. You don't do that by handing your future to someone you don't know lock, stock and barrel. If you want to live your life as a member of the Dangerous Sports Club that's up to you, but don't drag DRFC along with you.

And on the other hand. If you want to stay stuck in the mud don't expect many DRFC fans to jump in with you.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 17, 2013, 10:49:06 am by Glyn_Wigley »
AS for TB and DW, they have proved all the time they have been involved in the club that they have the best interests of the club at heart, and should they decided to leave, I would expect them to do so in accordance with that. I have that confidence because we know TB and DW and how they conduct themselves.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 17, 2013, 10:50:26 am by Glyn_Wigley »

And on the other hand. If you want to stay stuck in the mud don't expect many DRFC fans to jump in with you.

Where have any of us said that we don't want investment in the club? Go on, tell me.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 17, 2013, 10:54:15 am by Wellred »
AS for TB and DW, they have proved all the time they have been involved in the club that they have the best interests of the club at heart, and should they decided to leave, I would expect them to do so in accordance with that. I have that confidence because we know TB and DW and how they conduct themselves.

Not true and you know it.
Did TB withdraw funding at one point? Or does that mean "He wasn't involved with the club at that moment in time?"
How can you possibly foresee the future and what TB and DW might or might not do?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 17, 2013, 10:56:03 am by Wellred »

Where have any of us said that we don't want investment in the club? Go on, tell me.

Nobody has ever said they don't want investment in the club. Some however have a very blinkered view on WHO they want to invest in the club!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 17, 2013, 10:58:21 am by River Don »
Why do we know so little about them? Why the secrecy?

It wasn't the case when JR took over. It wasn't the case when he brought the KM2 on board.

It was secret until it happened!!

Companies don't negotiate via the press or fans forums in the real world.

Not it wasn't they were regularly sat in the main stand next to JR before they came in.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on August 17, 2013, 10:58:53 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Nobody has ever said they don't want investment in the club. Some however have a very blinkered view on WHO they want to invest in the club!

I wouldn't call not wanting to hand to the club over to the first unknown chancer that waves a cheque under our noses blinkered.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on August 17, 2013, 10:58:59 am by LincsRover »
Not this again! What will happen will happen and we will find out when it does! I will accept it and hope it is in the best interests of DRFC, and none of us will know for sure. Until then let's just get behind the team, enjoy last night and turn out for the next game in big numbers!

:woohoo: :rtid: :woohoo:

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 17, 2013, 11:06:25 am by Lipsy »
LR - Stop talking sense. I think that it's much better to rake over the same shit, day after day, and then chuck in a bit of name-calling for good measure. Yep, that's the best course of action... And, as you know, doing so has so much impact on what will actually happen with this investment situation.  :facepalm:

As they say in Aliens: "Stay frosty."

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on August 17, 2013, 11:09:52 am by dickos1 »
I'd trust John Ryan far more than terry bramall when it came down to doing the best thing for the club. Shouldn't even be a discussion

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 17, 2013, 11:15:29 am by River Don »
I'd trust John Ryan far more than terry bramall when it came down to doing the best thing for the club. Shouldn't even be a discussion

But JR is proposing to sell up.

The question is do you trust the status quo or a group of people we don't know and are preventing speculation as to their identity?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #47 on August 17, 2013, 11:20:56 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
'I want my club to play in the Premiership'. If that is folks sole premise for approving the bid then its very short sighted and selfish, if not extremely risky.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 17, 2013, 11:21:27 am by dickos1 »
The question I'm intrigued by is why does terry bramall not want to sell up? There has to be a reason why and its not because he's worried about the club.
If bramall was that concerned about the club he would be investing more of his money, he's probably as wealthy as these new people. There's something behind why he's here and why he doesn't want to give up his stake.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 17, 2013, 11:21:51 am by Wellred »

The question is do you trust the status quo or a group of people we don't know and are preventing speculation as to their identity?

Again is that 100% accurate or guesswork based on rumours and half truths?
I cannot understand why you think it is so important for a potential new investor to reveal everything to a bunch of fans.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 17, 2013, 11:26:27 am by River Don »

I cannot understand why you think it is so important for a potential new investor to reveal everything to a bunch of fans.

That is 100% accurate according to what John Ryan and SC are telling us.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 17, 2013, 11:28:19 am by Wellred »

That is 100% accurate according to what John Ryan and SC are telling us.

Where did he say this?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 17, 2013, 11:29:53 am by River Don »
Listen to his interview from last night. We've done very well but now it's time to move on and let someone else have a go. Or words to that effect.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 17, 2013, 11:33:21 am by Copps is Magic »

It is important because they are taking over the club we all have an emotional stake in. Why would you not want to know anything and everything? It is the single most important thing to know about.

Wellred, I don't like the vsc as an organisation. And if some rich man wants to attempt to get us in the premiership then great. But potential investors suing their own fans, not presenting long term plans, gaining disfavor with one or more board members and dodgy past associations, really? You are willing to have a go at the premiership for this?

"What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love."
Sir Bobby Robson
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:40:03 am by Copps is Magic »

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 17, 2013, 11:38:01 am by Nudga »
Welred, do you think it was a good move by SC to threaten legal action against the clubs fans who they are "trying" to buy. Not a very good way of endearing themselves is it.

Why couldn't they have had a quite word instead and got off on the right foot.

I would love us to be in the PL, I want us to be like Swansea, but something isn't right about this consortium.

And I would suggest that you don't know why TB and DW don't put more money into DRFC (at the moment)

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 17, 2013, 11:47:57 am by Lipsy »
This is JR's interview from last night for anyone that hasn't heard it: http://ow.ly/o0VWj

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on August 17, 2013, 11:50:41 am by DonnyRTID »
Can we see proof of the supposed legal action threat?

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 17, 2013, 11:57:09 am by bigal »
What people seem to forget it is not our money we are talking about.
JR saved the club and if he decides investment is the way to go for whatever reason we should be backing him because if we dont he could
up and walk away and who could blame him so we should stop pre judgeing and wait and see what happens

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 17, 2013, 11:59:04 am by silent majority »
Can we see proof of the supposed legal action threat?

You're not doubting us are you? The letter is sat on my desk here with my name on it. A very unwise decision to threaten a supporters trust at the very club you're attempting to purchase, not the wisest commercial decision to make.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 17, 2013, 12:19:33 pm by Wellred »
Some of you really don't get it do you?

Do you really think it acceptable to slag off anyone or anybody who wants to buy something?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012