Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:36:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Belize billionaire  (Read 11686 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: Belize billionaire
« Reply #30 on August 19, 2013, 01:27:38 pm by Wellred »
It seems Branton Rover knows. I would like to know where his information comes from?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 19, 2013, 01:38:24 pm by RobTheRover »
Branton Rover doesnt say he/she knows, Wellred.  The post clearly says "thinks".  I read that as opinion, and not fact.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 19, 2013, 03:14:48 pm by Wellred »
Branton Rover doesnt say he/she knows, Wellred.  The post clearly says "thinks".  I read that as opinion, and not fact.

I think the Belize thing is a complete smokescreen, it's Denis O'Brien

I think a trip to Specsavers is called for Rob. I think Saying IT"S DENNIS O"BRIEN is clear enough.
Belton Rover doesn't say He THINKS IT IS DENNIS O"BRIEN does he/she?

GM-MarkB

« Reply #33 on August 19, 2013, 03:24:01 pm by GM-MarkB »
I reckon it's them buggers that keep trying to foist money on me  ;)

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=237677.0

Beerseller

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 19, 2013, 03:25:35 pm by Beerseller »
It seems Branton Rover knows. I would like to know where his information comes from?

Give it a rest.

Wouldn't the best course of action be to simply ask Branton Rover to clarify what he meant?

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 19, 2013, 03:30:29 pm by Wild Rover »
Its the comma. That's the defining bit. Full stop and then Denis O B would be fact, comma , still in same sentence as thinks, so conjecture.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 19, 2013, 04:21:36 pm by Wellred »

Give it a rest.

Wouldn't the best course of action be to simply ask Branton Rover to clarify what he meant?

We await his clarification then.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 19, 2013, 07:32:47 pm by Herman Hessian »
How much we should know at this stage is a matter for debate,

not if sequentia capital have anything to do with it, it's not !

Pinter777

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 21, 2013, 07:43:14 pm by Pinter777 »
It was just a thought that came to me......is my thinking completely out the box and silly or can anyone else think of a belize based billionaire who may fit the bill? Huang seems a far speculation.....personally!

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 21, 2013, 07:47:46 pm by Muttley »
The only names that crop up on Google under billionaire and Belize are Huang and the McAfee software guy.

RTR did mention a while ago that he was seeing loads of attempts from China to register on here - don't know if that was tongue in cheek or just normal spam activity or maybe linked to the "investment"

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 21, 2013, 07:55:36 pm by the vicar »
I will tell you all now if this does not take place it spells a bleak time ahead for all things rovers and all this is not doing us as a club any good at all let JR do his stuff and it will be all good and he will still be in charge at the end of the day

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 21, 2013, 08:03:57 pm by Al4475 »
RTR did mention a while ago that he was seeing loads of attempts from China to register on here - don't know if that was tongue in cheek or just normal spam activity or maybe linked to the "investment"

That's all the 1D fans in Beijing and Shanghai! LOL

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on August 21, 2013, 08:07:13 pm by Muttley »
I will tell you all now if this does not take place it spells a bleak time ahead for all things rovers

Why would it be so bad if we stayed as we are?

What guarantees that these faceless investors with unknown motives really have the football club's interests at heart?

and he will still be in charge at the end of the day

How do you work that out? It is clearly proposed to be a takeover. JR may be given a role (eg Chairman or as  a director) but he will definitely not have a controlling interest

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 21, 2013, 09:18:27 pm by the vicar »
I just know i'm not at liberty to say I just do, anyone that knows me will tell you I don't make things up or spread rumours

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 21, 2013, 09:36:33 pm by Sprotyrover »
I just know i'm not at liberty to say I just do, anyone that knows me will tell you I don't make things up or spread rumours

You'll do for me yer Reverance!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 21, 2013, 09:59:11 pm by steve@dcfd »
I will tell you all now if this does not take place it spells a bleak time ahead for all things rovers and all this is not doing us as a club any good at all let JR do his stuff and it will be all good and he will still be in charge at the end of the day

We set the standard,this league is for misters. We must at least stabilise in mid table this season. Returning to league 1 should never be in the owners thoughts or supporters. Therefore some deal must be put in place to ensure the manager has the squad to keep up the standard we have set. I do not want a bleak time and neither should the owners, if the propose deal is not good for the club then sort it out. Fed up now of reading about it, if our standards slip due to injuries and suspension then will be down to owners. Petty politics is not required now, rhetoric is not required either. JR must get agreement from the other shareholders by showing and proving his case then all the ducks will be in a row. The club can then have a good platform to move forward.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 21, 2013, 10:09:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Ahmen!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 21, 2013, 10:55:51 pm by the vicar »
is it not in JR we trust we should all unite behind him for the sake of the club he would not see the club bad done to

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 21, 2013, 11:18:49 pm by BobG »
I'm absolutely fascinated why people think history is an arbiter of future, or indeed current, behaviour. Motives change chaps. All the time. I think that's worth bearing in mind as a possibility.

BobG

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 21, 2013, 11:31:38 pm by bobjimwilly »
is it not in JR we trust we should all unite behind him for the sake of the club he would not see the club bad done to

neither would the other two owners.

and its "In Rovers We Trust"

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 22, 2013, 02:29:44 am by Sammy Chung was King »

Come on Vic,i'll make a donation to the church roof ;)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 22, 2013, 09:35:41 am by the vicar »

Come on Vic,i'll make a donation to the church roof ;)
LOL I no mate but what I'm saying is true and of the upmost importance that we get behind JR 

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 22, 2013, 10:07:51 am by Bristol Red Rover »
LOL I no mate but what I'm saying is true and of the upmost importance that we get behind JR 
How easy for JR to give a little more away and get the fans on board. His mentioning of O'Brien being part of the Sequentia Capital S.A./Belize Inc. gang, and subsequent retraction was a big own goal, but then I guess he's not immune to legal threats either.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 22, 2013, 10:09:24 am by RedJ »
I'm not keen on this "I know more than you ner ner" that we often get on here from some people.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 22, 2013, 10:52:31 am by wing commander »
 Well Padre...If you have such great contacts you can let them know that until someone has the common decency to stop hiding behind the skirts of a rolled out finance vehicle and actually tell the other Directors and Fans who they really are and what there plans for the club are,then maybe just maybe people can make an informed descision...Until then its a NO from me...

Sermon Over  :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 22, 2013, 11:06:53 am by bobbymax »
Well Padre...If you have such great contacts you can let them know that until someone has the common decency to stop hiding behind the skirts of a rolled out finance vehicle and actually tell the other Directors and Fans who they really are and what there plans for the club are,then maybe just maybe people can make an informed descision...Until then its a NO from me...

Sermon Over  :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Ayyymen to that brother!
Something ain't right somewhere.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on August 22, 2013, 11:57:49 am by Wild Rover »
I know "The vicar" very well, have done for over 40 years, he does have "Contacts", so I do not doubt what he says . The problem is "Vicar", its not the fans that need to get behind Ryan, he has to convince the detractors elsewhere to "form a line". as some of the "Ducks" are "Out of Kilter" that seems very, very unlikely.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 22, 2013, 12:42:12 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think from conversations I've had with many that a lot of fans aren't at all convinced by any of it or what jr has had to say. My personal opinion is that I'm not at all convinced.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 22, 2013, 01:08:36 pm by Wild Rover »
What I meant to say in a convoluted way was it doesn't matter if the fans are behind Ryan 100%, its others who hold sway.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 22, 2013, 02:08:41 pm by steve@dcfd »
The other shareholders must be behind JR and the bid first and four most before any discussions with fans or fans group. Surely that's how it works. All the fans need to concentrate on is turning up for matches so the coffers are swelled. The owners can then makesure the level PD and the players have set is maintained by adding extra reinforcements when required.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012