Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 07:16:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Furman  (Read 2594 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Furman
« on August 27, 2013, 11:05:54 pm by Dare to dream! »
Thought he worked his socks off tonight. Him and Keegan and pushing each other's limits to stay in the team atm, great to see

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRNaith

• VSC Member
Re: Furman
« Reply #1 on August 27, 2013, 11:08:16 pm by DRNaith »
Agreed,  I think Browny has upped his work rate massively for this season too, he seems to be chasing everything!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 27, 2013, 11:10:50 pm by Filo »
I thought he was poor and his touch was non existant

RTID_Peter

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 27, 2013, 11:12:54 pm by RTID_Peter »
I have to admit i'm not to keen on wellens and furman playing in the middle together because in the games against blackpool and leeds in which he has started he appears to have been caught out of position alot and didn't have the greatest of touches either.

I am a fan of furman, i just feel that keegan is better suited to being alongside wellens but if wellens leaves or gets injured then keegan and furman would do for me because i feel furman and wellens are too similar in terms of where they are on the pitch.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 27, 2013, 11:18:44 pm by Red wizard »
We missed Keegan big time.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 27, 2013, 11:22:11 pm by donny dave »
I am a big fan of keegan.
I thought Forrester played well for the few moments he was on.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 27, 2013, 11:25:47 pm by Donnyrovers »
I have to admit i'm not to keen on wellens and furman playing in the middle together because in the games against blackpool and leeds in which he has started he appears to have been caught out of position alot and didn't have the greatest of touches either.

I am a fan of furman, i just feel that keegan is better suited to being alongside wellens but if wellens leaves or gets injured then keegan and furman would do for me because i feel furman and wellens are too similar in terms of where they are on the pitch.

This. I'm pleased Keegan got to serve his suspension in the cup rather than in the league I would put him straight back in the starting 11 on Saturday.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 27, 2013, 11:28:33 pm by Dare to dream! »
I think Wellen's brings out the best in them both as well. If he goes they wont be as good if they both start too similar

RTID_Peter

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 27, 2013, 11:29:53 pm by RTID_Peter »
The one thing i love about keegan is that he stays infront of the defence and very rarely goes forward allowing wellens to pick passes out knowing that there is someone behind covering him. Whereas at times i feel furman runs about like a headless chicken at times saying that i still like but him and wellens really does not work.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 27, 2013, 11:32:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yep, when Keegan doesn't play,  big holes appear in midfield and the opposition get more opportunity to run at our back four.

The game largely passed Furman by tonight. He was rarely in the right place and I think Wellens found it more difficult to play with him. 

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 28, 2013, 12:09:33 am by Lifelong supporter »
I thought Furman tried hard but didn't have the best of games.
Wellens is in a different class to both him and Keegan, and we will struggle in that department if and when we lose him.
Furman and Keegan are too similar and neither has the class to control or influence the game like Richie.
On a positive note Forrester looked promising when he came on and could be more than useful when he is fully fit.
But Brownie was man of the match for me.
Theo was off it tonight but Brownie battled and worked his socks off all night.
Hate to say it but we were beaten by a better side on the night even though their second goal should have been disallowed for a foul.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 28, 2013, 01:19:16 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The one thing i love about keegan is that he stays infront of the defence and very rarely goes forward allowing wellens to pick passes out knowing that there is someone behind covering him. Whereas at times i feel furman runs about like a headless chicken at times saying that i still like but him and wellens really does not work.

As Clint Eastwood used to say ''A Man's gotta know his limitations'' and luckily Keegan does,he's a steady player,who breaks things up and gives the ball to the players who can do damage,these sort of players don't normally get a mention,but players like keegan every team needs at least one.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 28, 2013, 09:13:30 am by steve@dcfd »

As Clint Eastwood used to say ''A Man's gotta know his limitations'' and luckily Keegan does,he's a steady player,who breaks things up and gives the ball to the players who can do damage,these sort of players don't normally get a mention,but players like keegan every team needs at least one.

Spot on with Keegan, the problem at this level with Furman he does not know his. He ran around most of the game like an headless chicken. Try to do things he could not. He must improve if he is to get any where near the standard of a good championship player.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 28, 2013, 09:30:42 am by bobjimwilly »
Remember to vote for your MOM!

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 28, 2013, 09:43:37 am by scuzzer »
+1

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 28, 2013, 10:53:44 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Remember we still have Fernandez to come back in  :)

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 28, 2013, 11:22:39 am by SkellowRover »
I thought Furman was poor to be honest, poor touch and gave the ball away a lot. I even said at one point during the game "I never thought i'd prefer Keegan to Furman in the team"

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 28, 2013, 11:31:38 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »

I thought this about Wellens, each to their own I suppose.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012