Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:58:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Price for Leeds away next March 36 QUID AND £18 FOR U16!!!!!!!!!  (Read 10394 times)

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
So there's nothing you could do as a fan then Frosty, apart from send a few emails?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
The best thing to do in mass is go and just don't go in the ground,just stand outside.not to far to go and do that.but does need a lot to do it and not just a few.

That would be suicide round that way, plus you would just get moved on by the Fuzz for this reason.

you are wrong. if it was done properly as a peaceful protest against high ticket prices with the police, leeds united, drfc and the leeds council informed, and organised by the supporters club, it would be noticed, and in a big way!

normal rules

• Forum Member
I actually think we would get leeds fans coming out in support of this also.

despite their reputation, and I know a few, they realise whats happening just as much as we do.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Price for Leeds away next March 36 QUID AND £18 FOR U16!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #63 on March 12, 2014, 10:30:43 pm by MrFrost »
The best thing to do in mass is go and just don't go in the ground,just stand outside.not to far to go and do that.but does need a lot to do it and not just a few.

That would be suicide round that way, plus you would just get moved on by the Fuzz for this reason.

you are wrong. if it was done properly as a peaceful protest against high ticket prices with the police, leeds united, drfc and the leeds council informed, and organised by the supporters club, it would be noticed, and in a big way!

This is the way to go, and actually something i'd be in agreement with, rather than just spitting the dummy out and refusing to attend.

normal rules

• Forum Member
again - to do this properly, it would require the support of the supporters club, DRFC the SLO's etc. West Yorks Police and the local council would have to facilitate peaceful protest, its a basic democratic right.

If it was done in con junction with direct liaison with LUFC saying - look there will be x amount of Doncaster rovers supporters on Elland Road who are willing to pay say 20 quid to come in take it or leave it then it boils down to a basic business decision of:
1. do we swallow our pride and take the 20k (based on 1000 protestors) or
2. tell them to piss of.

either way the point has been made. ok point 1 means you miss the match, but you have saved 36 quid.

silent majority

• VSC Member
Mr Frost,

I've lost count of the amount of times I've agreed to set up a meeting for you with the club. So here's another one, whenever you want it I'll set it up for you.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
Will fans be making this big fuss when it's Ipswich away or will it be because most can't be arsed to travel that far and are making such a fuss just because its Leeds.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on March 13, 2014, 09:01:35 am by RedJ »
I really don't understand why we qualify for the highest price band anyway.

It's not as if we're a massive club, so they're losing out on income really.

silent majority

• VSC Member

For your information I've been discussing a form of joint protest at this game for some time with LUST (Leeds supporters trust) as three of their board are also members of the National Council of the FSF. They are not convinced that there is an appetite amongst Leeds fans for something of this nature due to the ongoing ownership issues. I have an invite from the club to also discuss some form of reciprocal pricing but the same applies, the current management are not in a position to make decisions of this nature because they are unsure of who exactly they report to.

I like your enthusiasm for doing something but why not approach the people who can offer the help you need?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
Mr Frost

Will you be accepting SM's offer of a meeting with the club? Seen as they never get back to you regarding your suggestions, this would seem a great opportunity for you to really get across your ideas.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on March 13, 2014, 11:55:37 am by Jenny »
Y'see, this is why I hate the Leeds games coming around.... so far across the three threads we have:

- It is too expensive, disgusting, we won't be going
- We should arrange a mass protest, no one should go, unless we do something drastic then things will never change
- Taking into account travelling costs, it is more reasonable priced as a day as a whole
- But hang on a second, we want to go and support our team, we don't care it it costs £36
- Now now lets not discourage people to go, I mean, Barnsley took thousands why aren't they fussed about the price
- We are a laughing stock
- The Keepmoat is shite
- Belle Vue was better
- We are stuck in the dark ages
- The backroom staff are a joke
- THEY JUST WON'T LISTEN
- We sold out Belle Vue and the atmosphere was always amazing (LOL)

It is so tiresome and the same old stuff regurgitated all the time.

You know what, next season, we will most certainly play Leeds twice again. I am sticking myself out on a limb here and suggesting yes we will stay up, and no Leeds won't go anywhere. Are we going to have to trawl through this all over again twice next season or are people going to take a step back and realise that in life everyone has a choice and if they chose to do something that another doesn't agree with, so what!

I blame the internet and social media generation, it appears to have brought about this culture of everyone comparing themselves to everyone else because they are scared of what some nobody stranger on a social media banter page will say about our attendances at away games. Who cares if we took less the Barnsley? Laughing stock? Laughing stock amongst who?

People need to put up or shut up with the Keepmoat atmosphere stuff too, all this is NOT unique to the Rovers, it is being said by home fans up and down the country. It seems to be the way football is going, wrongly or rightly. We aren't going to go back to Belle Vue, where, lets be said, the atmosphere was only 'amazing' a handful of times a season.... We need to make do with what we have and all make an active attempt to make it better if we feel that way inclined.

If people put as much effort into DOING as they do moaning about problems on here, we would fill the stadium week in week out and all be bouncing on our feet for 90 minutes every home game.

But that is all a bit too much effort isn't it? Everyone would just prefer to moan about it over the internet because it is so much easier, which may be true, but my god its boring.

But then again some people are not happy unless they have something to be unhappy about and always seeking a negative from any situation.

I much prefer the glass half full variety....

normal rules

• Forum Member
leeds will be in administration next season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012