Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:06:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leeds away, organised boycott?  (Read 14138 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: Leeds away, organised boycott?
« Reply #60 on October 14, 2013, 01:10:08 pm by graingrover »
"especially as there must be a more than fair chance of a victory." ... spoils it Rob in my opinion . I agree it is not VSC rôle to organise boycott but whatever our chances of victory may be .. the biggest victory would be a win for 'twenties enough' .
   Congrats ( and thanks )on your appointment .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on October 14, 2013, 04:25:31 pm by normal rules »
The VSC, like all Supporter's Trusts, have a clear interest in the well being of the club and the supporters.  We are supporting the Twentys Plenty campaign so our views on away ticket pricing is clear, and we would certainly support the views of any supporter who considers what Leeds are charging as excessive and decides not to attend on those grounds.  However, to actively try to stop fans supporting the team at Leeds is not something I would be comfortable with, especially as there must be a more than fair chance of a victory.

I had to read this twice to believe it had been written. so you are saying that because we might win - then that makes £36 more acceptable.

I give up. I really do. :headbang:

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on October 14, 2013, 05:16:44 pm by CusworthRovers »
4 of us not going. Too expensive. Sat in that shitty corner. Nothing beats that day we packed that portion of the away end behind the goal and played them off the pitch. 1-0, Stock.

......and to show support for excellent ticketing prices, we are now going to Boro, even though it's going to be difficult to arrange with work and other family ties for us all.

MartinB

« Reply #63 on October 14, 2013, 05:39:48 pm by MartinB »
Guys, I think we are getting to the nub of the issue here.

The VSC, like all Supporter's Trusts, have a clear interest in the well being of the club and the supporters.  We are supporting the Twentys Plenty campaign so our views on away ticket pricing is clear, and we would certainly support the views of any supporter who considers what Leeds are charging as excessive and decides not to attend on those grounds.  However, to actively try to stop fans supporting the team at Leeds is not something I would be comfortable with, especially as there must be a more than fair chance of a victory.

We will deliver these aims by adopting the following key strategies and actions:

Provide a voice for the supporters of DRFC

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on October 14, 2013, 07:03:48 pm by silent majority »

I had to read this twice to believe it had been written. so you are saying that because we might win - then that makes £36 more acceptable.

I give up. I really do. :headbang:

Why are you so frustrated?

Rob was expressing a personal view and wasn't speaking for all VSC directors or members. Having said that, as one of the architects of Twentys Plenty I should be furious with him!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on October 14, 2013, 07:40:00 pm by normal rules »
been chatting to a friend of mine who is a big leeds fan and regular at er. I asked his opinion about ticket prices there. here is the response:

"Couldn't agree more to be honest. Another Ken Bates idea to be to charge the away fans loads and free up the cheaper tickets for home fans. Hasn't worked really as away fans boycott cuz of prices and we don't sell out all the cheap seats. But then v Doncaster is regarded as a Yorkshire derby game so a grade A game, hence the top price tickets. Again being honest we get shafted when we go away every game as we are every other clubs cup final and guaranteed away stand sell out even at other clubs top prices. With respect to Donny, you are not the biggest attraction in the league so you prob only get shafted in the local derby games. All in all, tickets at all clubs are too expensive in the Championship for the quality on display!!"

Interestingly, Leeds play Brum at home this Sun - live on Sky. Leeds still charging Cat C prices £20+ for an adult and mid teens for a teenager. :thumbdown:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on October 14, 2013, 09:45:37 pm by IDM »
I hate that "we're everyone's cup final" attitude.  No, you're f**king not.  There are 46 cup finals in the season, each worth 3 points, no more no less whether its vs Leeds or Yeovil or whoever.  I hope you put him right?

And we don't up the ante any more for "Grade A" games, they'll pay £23 at the KM same as everyone else.  Again, I hope you corrected this with your friend.

I'm not anti-Leeds, I don't even put them down as our rivals - that is Rotherham and Scunthorpe.  I work with a Leeds fan, and whenever he gets on his high horse I say "25 May 2008".  And the price of my ticket on that day? £40.

Only £4 more for a promotion play off final than for 1/23 away fixture.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on October 15, 2013, 01:01:54 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I Personally think our club charges too much for home ticket's,but thirty six quid is obscene they are charging as though they are still in the Premier league,the Leeds fans are having to watch players nowhere near that standard week after week,for me twenty quid should be maximum for any team in this league,for me how tight money is round Donny it should be fifteen quid for adults,but i understand our team probably couldn't do that unless we were guaranteed a full house every time,it's a hard one.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on October 15, 2013, 01:12:47 am by RobTheRover »
Guys, you are all missing the point I was (badly) making.

What I was trying to point out is that I can understand why some fans would accept these exorbitant prices if they felt that Leeds were there for the taking.  Despite their recent-ish indifferent form they are still a big scalp in this league, and for some that would be a draw enough to ignore the damage to the wallet.  I certainly wont be there at £36 a pop, and I admire any other Rovers supporter who will be hovering around the radio/teletext/internet/skysports come next March instead of being sat in Elland Road.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on October 15, 2013, 10:41:12 am by Padge_DRFC »
Imagine after all this they chose us to be a cat c game and it's £28. How many would go then?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on October 15, 2013, 11:15:46 am by Padge_DRFC »
Oh and I will be attending regardless. Not many people can say they've been to 47 league games this season. (both Charlton games)

I'll just buy 12 pints less the week we play Leeds if moneys is tight.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on October 15, 2013, 11:18:24 am by Padge_DRFC »
Are we boycotting Old Trafford if we draw United in the 3rd round of the cup when they announce it's £45 a ticket?

No

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on October 15, 2013, 12:06:17 pm by RedRover45 »
Are we boycotting Old Trafford if we draw United in the 3rd round of the cup when they announce it's £45 a ticket?

No

There's a world of difference paying that as a one off experience watching the best team in the country in the best stadium in the country. At Leeds, it's a shit view from a team in the middle of the second tier. Anyway, I doubt very much Man Utd would charge £45. Stupid comparison.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on October 15, 2013, 12:21:07 pm by Mr1Croft »
I wouldn't go Old Trafford if it was free!

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on October 15, 2013, 12:42:28 pm by Jenny »
Ah come off it, of course you would...

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on October 15, 2013, 12:44:59 pm by RobTheRover »
He would.  He just wants us all to go "Come on, Lee.  We're all off to Old Trafford.  Come with us.", so he can begrudgingly concede.

;)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on October 15, 2013, 12:57:09 pm by Mr1Croft »
Okay I would go Old Trafford, unless Man U were playing, I just refuse to watch Sky FC and refuse to pay anything towards the Glazers...

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on October 15, 2013, 01:49:11 pm by Jenny »
Surely by that logic you should just walk away from football altogether?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on October 15, 2013, 02:07:48 pm by IDM »
I'd rather watch Man Utd at OT at whatever price, than MK Dons.

everyone has their own reasons and limitations for going/not going to certain football matches, and not always just about cost nor for what others may see as logical reasons.  Even so, it's a personal choice.

I would like to go to Middlesbrough away, but Reading away may be more realistic, regardless of the price.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on October 15, 2013, 02:24:29 pm by Padge_DRFC »

No

There's a world of difference paying that as a one off experience watching the best team in the country in the best stadium in the country. At Leeds, it's a shit view from a team in the middle of the second tier. Anyway, I doubt very much Man Utd would charge £45. Stupid comparison.

1. Yes they do, prices are never reduced. I go to Old Trafford as well, when Rovers aren't playing.

2. I thought we were all crying because the cost of football is too expensive. I didn't think the opposition mattered. I go to support DRFC. Personally the view from the west stand at Leeds is better than the top tier of the east stand at Old Trafford as well.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on October 15, 2013, 02:46:11 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Ipswich adult prices are:
Grade C match: £26
Grade B: £32.50
Grade A: £37
+ £2.50 to buy them on a match day.
I think we're grade C. So, although they may charge more than Leeds overall, it makes sense for us to target what effects us more. Leeds it is then.

Being effective in making a protest over this game could include:
  • backing from the FSF ie making it a featured protest
  • the VSC organising an alternative to the match
  • linking with Leeds fans so its a joint protest (press releases and banners in the ground in both ends)

Points to highlight are the 20 is plenty, plus the inequality in prices between home and away ends. I realise the current regulation is for "equivellant" seating to be priced the same, but this is open to abuse, and is anyway clearly wrong - cheapest home end seating = away end prices, simple.

There is plenty of time to organise this. Is there a will from Rovers fans, Leeds fans, and the FSF?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on October 15, 2013, 04:07:12 pm by silent majority »
I've already opened up discussion with the Leeds FSF guys, who also happen to be the main guys in the Leeds Trust. Our initial plan is to put a business proposition to the club, i.e. charge a sensible price and you'll receive more match income from an increased away following. That will have to include evidence that DRFC supporters are not willing to travel in numbers and will effectively be boycotting the game, much the same plan as we did for Barnsley a few years ago.

Failing that we will be participating in highlighting the unfair price structures, using the prepared banners, leaflet distribution and media opportunities to reinforce our point.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on October 15, 2013, 04:26:35 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Out of interest should Leeds end up choosing it as a cat c game and it's £28 who would go that isn't currently because it's £36?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on October 15, 2013, 06:13:05 pm by normal rules »
the only sensible price (in my opinion) is the ticket price Leeds will pay when they come to the KM. this includes the concession price structure.

29 quid was too much for many at Hillsborough. 28 will still be too much at Leeds.
And kids prices? Leeds still charge kids 15/16 quid for cat c games.

It wont happen but 20 quid for adults and a fiver for kids and Leeds would sell out (home and away) Elland Rd would be full. And there would be some who couldn't get tickets.

They could call it "Spirit of Yorkshire day"

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on October 15, 2013, 06:16:08 pm by DonnyRTID »
Me.  :thumbsup:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on October 15, 2013, 06:21:27 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

No

As 45% of the gate money would go to Rovers, the more they make the Man Utd fans cough up to fund DRFC the better... ;)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on October 15, 2013, 06:26:23 pm by RedJ »
I'd consider it at £28 but it still wouldn't make me change my mind completely. That's only because I live in West Yorkshire now so it'd be a half hour drive.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on October 15, 2013, 07:11:46 pm by IDM »
I still think the variation of a few £ for one adult ticket isn't too much of an issue, especially if you factor in the costs of travelling etc.  Where there is a bigger issue, is the OTT prices for kids.

And don't think price issues are just for our division, have a look at Barnet in the Conference, they charge adults £23 for a premium position seat in their new main stand, exactly the same as we pay for a similar seat at the KM, 3 divisions higher...

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on October 15, 2013, 07:22:32 pm by Draytonian III »

I wonder if/ when we do play at Old Trafford that you wont attend, I wonder

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on October 15, 2013, 07:53:37 pm by 1879Rovers »

Interestingly, Leeds play Brum at home this Sun - live on Sky. Leeds still charging Cat C prices £20+ for an adult and mid teens for a teenager. :thumbdown:

Only in the Leeds end. They are still charging Birmingham fans £28

TinyPortal © 2005-2012