Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 01:24:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cole or baines  (Read 4341 times)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
Re: Cole or baines
« Reply #30 on October 15, 2013, 09:28:09 pm by LincsRover »
No, based on the last few performances by baines and how england played with cole. England look a better, more threatening team with baines. Would be one of the first on my team sheet if I was Woy!

:P

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 15, 2013, 09:59:40 pm by NickDRFC »
Have to admit he's played very well. Still don't think there's any way he'd put in a performance half as good as cole is capable of against Ronaldo, Ribery etc

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 15, 2013, 10:02:01 pm by RedJ »
You can't not take Cole though. Even if he's second choice.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 15, 2013, 10:03:31 pm by IDM »
horses for courses - if we want to play to win like the last 2 games, especially in the group fixtures, then I'd pick Baines.  To avoid defeat, perhaps Cole.

Can Cole deliver the same quality of cross like Baines did tonight for Rooney's goal?  I think not.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #34 on October 15, 2013, 10:40:31 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Baines growing into the shirt and would be harsh to take it off him.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on October 16, 2013, 05:58:23 pm by graingrover »
play them BOTH ... can't see anybody better down the left.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 16, 2013, 06:06:52 pm by River Don »
I was sat opposite Ashley Cole on a train from Leeds to Kings Cross once.  I was amazed how little he is, and how big the f**k-off minder he had with him was.  Lesley Joseph was on the same train too.

I once saw Ashley Cole (with his minder) walking through Soho on a Friday evening. We were having a drink after work outside the John Snow pub (Sam Smiths, very, very reasonable prices for central London). I said that's Ashley Cole! My mates looked round to only see him from behind as he walked down Broadwick St. One said "nah, he's too small" and they all agreed. It was him though.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 06:19:17 pm by River Don »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 16, 2013, 06:13:43 pm by RedJ »
play them BOTH ... can't see anybody better down the left.
While I agree to an extent, Baines is at his best driving forward into the space outside the winger to get in behind, and with him being on the left wing you'd lose that aspect of his play.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on October 16, 2013, 06:58:31 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Baines quality delivery with the ball and his increasing ability to judge his runs reminds a bit of that German winger/full back, Philipp Lahm. A very consistent performer over a number of years.

With Cole you always get that impression he's never quite in control of the ball. Baines is the future. 

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 16, 2013, 10:54:21 pm by Standanista »
I was sat opposite Ashley Cole on a train from Leeds to Kings Cross once.  I was amazed how little he is, and how big the f**k-off minder he had with him was.  Lesley Joseph was on the same train too.

I once saw Ashley Cole (with his minder) walking through Soho on a Friday evening. We were having a drink after work outside the John Snow pub (Sam Smiths, very, very reasonable prices for central London). I said that's Ashley Cole! My mates looked round to only see him from behind as he walked down Broadwick St. One said "nah, he's too small" and they all agreed. It was him though.
Good pub the John Snow, used to be a regular in there mesen.  Baines for me.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on October 17, 2013, 12:10:12 am by River Don »

Good pub the John Snow, used to be a regular in there mesen.  Baines for me.

The Blue Posts was actually a hundred yards closer to the office but Sam Smiths prices could not be ignored. And it is a good pub, I like it's higgledy piggledy nature and the fact you have to duck under a glass partion between bars. And it's Yorkshire. Obviously.
Aye up!

Baines for me n'all. Though cole is still top class, difficult call.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 12:38:39 am by River Don »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 17, 2013, 01:46:35 am by Sammy Chung was King »
There comes a time when teams have to change,Cole has consistently been in the top three full backs in the world,he is one English player that hasn't been over rated,but over the last year or so,the performances have gone ever so slightly backwards,like him or not he has and still is a fantastic player,but Baines has consistently for at least two years been the best english left back,he would have played for earlier if not for Cole,who is still good enough to be in the squad,Baines for me has worked hard and performed well,and deserves to keep the shirt.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012