Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 05:17:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Everton v Doncaster 26th Jan 1985  (Read 8457 times)

bangormaine

• Forum Member
Re: Everton v Doncaster 26th Jan 1985
« Reply #60 on October 29, 2013, 11:53:11 pm by bangormaine »
I remember driving all the way from Edinburgh for that game and then straight back again after the game. Great atmosphere in the ground but I do remember that Rovers enthusiasm to compete led to us looking like a rather dirty side as we tackled like our lives depended on it. I was sat in the main stand and can recall Billy Bremner having to endure a hail of personal abuse during the game. like a previous poster I was approached by some rather rough looking children who wished to look after my car. I said I would reward them when I returned but by that time it was past their bedtime and they had gone home, either that or they had collected enough money for some booze and fags. Disappointing result but a memorable day out.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Everton v Doncaster 26th Jan 1985
« Reply #61 on October 30, 2013, 10:34:51 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Memorable moment of the game was when Stevie Lister slid into a tackle on Andy Gray near the right touchline as we looked and put him into Row C of the stand.

Scottish hard men. We've shit em.

Ian Snodin was quite outstanding that day as sweeper. We were playing the best team in Europe and he was the best player on the pitch. No wonder he ended up there a couple of years later.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012