Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:19:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bramalls £450 million  (Read 5914 times)

steve16190

Bramalls £450 million
« on November 12, 2013, 12:03:06 am by steve16190 »
Some facts for you:

John Ryan's worth: sold his company for £24 million
Dick watsons net worth: £90million (times rich list)
Terry bramalls net worth: £450million

Come on Terry... If you aren't willing to let external investors come in then bloody chip in abit you tight arse.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jenny

• VSC Member
Re: Bramalls £450 million
« Reply #1 on November 12, 2013, 12:17:14 am by Jenny »
Easy to spend other people's money isn't it.

He has chipped in, quite considerably.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 12, 2013, 12:19:13 am by podrover73 »
Some facts for you:

John Ryan's worth: sold his company for £24 million
Dick watsons net worth: £90million (times rich list)
Terry bramalls net worth: £450million

Come on Terry... If you aren't willing to let external investors come in then bloody chip in abit you tight arse.

He has the money to acquire the football club , but it is not your right to tell him how to spend it.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 12, 2013, 12:23:33 am by PDX_Rover »
Who's the say that there is not a plan for investing in the club right now being developed by the KM2? One that will keep ownership local and the club not beholden to profiteers.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 12, 2013, 12:35:41 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I have to admit, as an old-school Commie, I'm quite heartened by the fact that there's still a latent desire to take rich folks' money off 'em and put it to good use in the community.

Comrades! To the barricades!

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 12, 2013, 12:50:24 am by eastender »
Who's the say that there is not a plan for investing in the club right now being developed by the KM2? One that will keep ownership local and the club not beholden to profiteers.
Terry Bramall for 1 , he's already said on radio BBC radio Sheffield this morning that he's willing to sell to SC.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 12, 2013, 01:20:59 am by PDX_Rover »
Not quite. He said he was willing to accept the deal on the terms that he had requested, or words to that effect. Past tense. I imagine those terms included the safeguards for the club's future that Dick and Terry had asked for, but which SC could not, or would not, guarantee, hence, no deal.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 12, 2013, 01:33:51 am by BobG »
Lol Mark! Exactly what I've been thinking. In fact I think what he said amounts to a pretty conclusive 'No deal' tbh. I might be wrong, but given what he's said in the past, what he's done and the his personal situation, to sell on anything but damn good terms for DRFC would be an about turn of startling proportions.

So, I think, like you, what he actually said was 'No deal'.

Of course, SC could come over all loveable too I suppose.

BobG

djoftherovers1

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 12, 2013, 08:46:37 am by djoftherovers1 »
All the rubbish about the deal being no good for drfc basically ment it wasn't good for his pocket, he didnt want the payments spread over years, he wanted it upfront. You didn't ever really think it was anything other than lining his own pockets did you ??? If you did then hes had you hook, line and sinker.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 08:56:30 am by djoftherovers1 »

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 12, 2013, 08:47:31 am by Jenny »
And you know this because?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 12, 2013, 09:53:35 am by mrfrostsdad »
And you know it's wrong because...................?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 12, 2013, 10:06:23 am by bobjimwilly »

without the evidence to back up these claims they're all just personal opinions and hearsay I'm afraid.

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 12, 2013, 10:27:51 am by Katesby »

Lets be real, it's highly likely that the comment is accurate. The guy has said himself he has little interest in football, so what else is he in it for? Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 12, 2013, 10:31:19 am by Boomstick »

Lets be real, it's highly likely that the comment is accurate. The guy has said himself he has little interest in football, so what else is he in it for? Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.
Sadly that is a point most of this forum refuse to consider

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 12, 2013, 10:34:46 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I posted this yesterday.

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=243172.msg392604#msg392604

I've still seen nothing from anyone to give any reason to suppose that a fabulously wealthy, 70-odd year old bloke who has given large amounts to charity and who is on record as saying that he believes that a strong, sustainable football club is good for the town, should actually be using the Rovers as a front to make himself even richer.

And even if he was, would it really have made business sense to plough several million quid of his own money into the club over 7 years, on the off-chance that, eventually, some shadowy hedge fund would appear and make all his financial dreams come true.

So, come on. Those of you who are accusing Bramall of trying to "line his own pockets". Let's here the logic behind your comments.

Donny_Ipstone

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 12, 2013, 10:35:39 am by Donny_Ipstone »
It seems to me that the argument between JR and Bramall and Watson is not whether the sale to SC should go ahead but the terms regarding the payment of the up-front purchase price. That is whether it should be paid to JR for his shares or the others for their shares, or whether it should be paid in respect of directors loan repayments etc. I suspect that it is this fine detail which is the cause of the wrangling not the broad principle of whether the club should be sold to SC.

I agree that TB has shown no real inclination to take the reins and step out from the shadows. I think he will sell if the terms (to him) are right.

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 12, 2013, 10:46:12 am by Katesby »
I posted this yesterday.

I've still seen nothing from anyone to give any reason to suppose that a fabulously wealthy, 70-odd year old bloke who has given large amounts to charity and who is on record as saying that he believes that a strong, sustainable football club is good for the town, should actually be using the Rovers as a front to make himself even richer.

And even if he was, would it really have made business sense to plough several million quid of his own money into the club over 7 years, on the off-chance that, eventually, some shadowy hedge fund would appear and make all his financial dreams come true.

So, come on. Those of you who are accusing Bramall of trying to "line his own pockets". Let's here the logic behind your comments.

A 'strong, sustainable football club' is one which makes profit, correct? Whilst I appreciate that everybody involved in a football club strives towards this, many aren't able to achieve this. I'm guessing that you consider it a coincidence that now we're 'profitable' TB seems a little more reluctant to sell his shares? Certainly doesn't seem that way to me.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 12, 2013, 10:50:20 am by PDX_Rover »
Making a profit does not always equate to sustainable.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 12, 2013, 10:52:25 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Katesby.

A strong, sustainable football club means one that doesn't rely on directors having to chuck in a couple of million quid a year to keep the business afloat.

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 12, 2013, 11:01:36 am by Katesby »
Come on, how many football clubs in the UK are turning a profit? We are in a much better state than many + TB is fully aware of this!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 12, 2013, 11:19:02 am by bobjimwilly »
I agree that TB has shown no real inclination to take the reins and step out from the shadows. I think he will sell if the terms (to him) are right.

In his own words from the Radio Sheff interview "he is a busy boy". He wants to do the right thing for Doncaster. He wants the people of doncaster to have a sustainable football club that will be around for years to come. Some may say he wants to leave a legacy.

Here's an article from the Yorkshire Post from Jan this year: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/features/money-gives-you-the-freedom-it-s-what-you-do-with-that-freedom-that-counts-1-5347442

And here's few interesting paragraphs:

Terry’s approach to the family’s millions earned him a CBE for services to charity in the New Year’s Honours list, but there are limits to the power of even the Bramall fortune. While Terry has invested a significant amount into Doncaster Rovers, he did so knowing that he was never likely to see a return from his money.

“ No-one goes into football to make money and there’s more business nonsense spoken than business sense. However, I do think it’s important that a town like Doncaster has a football team. The place gets a lot of bad press, most of it completely undeserved, the club, the racecourse helps to keep it on the map for the right reasons.

“If I can help in some way then 
I will. Money can’t buy you happiness, that is true, but it 
does give you the freedom and it’s what you do with that freedom that counts.”

Can't quite imagine SC thinking this way? And I'm sure they'd love promotion to the premier league - just think of the parachute payments!

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 12, 2013, 11:34:26 am by drfc1951 »
How much are TBs  shares worth?What is wrong in wanting the money upfront rather than waiting years for it?

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 12, 2013, 12:45:41 pm by Muttley »
I'm guessing that you consider it a coincidence that now we're 'profitable' TB seems a little more reluctant to sell his shares? Certainly doesn't seem that way to me.

Where do you get the idea that DRFC aka Patienceform Limited is profitable? The company has lost £2m-£3m a year over the last few years and I don't expect the 2013 accounts to show much change.

You may be getting confused by the recent statements that the stadium is running at a profit of £750k this year.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 12, 2013, 12:47:13 pm by graingrover »
Why the hell would he agree to the takeover if he had to wait for his money . Even banks go bust and hedge funds are certainly the last to be entrusted with assets they have not yet paid for .

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 12, 2013, 01:04:19 pm by IDM »

That's kind of the point - no one (apart from the individuals directly involved) knows the whole story.  All Jenny was doing was to question some other posters claims - she wasn't saying that she herself was right (or wrong)

Why are you being deliberately argumentative for the sake of it?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 12, 2013, 02:12:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I posted this yesterday.

So that's twice I've set this challenge, and still no responses.

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 12, 2013, 02:34:10 pm by Katesby »
Sadly, some of us have work to do..

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 12, 2013, 02:49:58 pm by Lifelong supporter »
I posted this yesterday.

So that's twice I've set this challenge, and still no responses.

I certainly don't think he came on board with the intention of making himself richer.
In fact the opposite outcome was always likely to be the case.
I've seen suggestions that his initial motivation was to enhance his chances of a knighthood and/or becoming a Lord for services to the local community as well as his charity work.
But there's also a saying 'once a builder always a builder' and the temptation to become involved in land deals and development must be hard to resist when that's how you've made you millions.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 12, 2013, 03:11:59 pm by Alickismyhero »
LS,
Yes it has a good ring to it "Sir Terry Bramall" and it may still happen.

The sad thing is I would have liked John to have got recognition for his miraculous achievements but I don't think it is going to work out that way after this mess.

Surely you couldn't be against Bramall and Watson doing the development. Provided they give a good deal to the club what’s wrong with that? We know who they are but we don't know who the other lot are do we?

You may well have suggested the best way forward by default.

Bramall and Watson to develop the KM, yes I would go along with that.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 12, 2013, 03:44:27 pm by newyankee »
Glad to see you keeping an open mind Alick, good to know you have looked into both sides.   :headbang:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012