Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:20:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bramalls £450 million  (Read 5913 times)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
Re: Bramalls £450 million
« Reply #30 on November 12, 2013, 03:48:19 pm by Boomstick »
LS,
Yes it has a good ring to it "Sir Terry Bramall" and it may still happen.

The sad thing is I would have liked John to have got recognition for his miraculous achievements but I don't think it is going to work out that way after this mess.

Surely you couldn't be against Bramall and Watson doing the development. Provided they give a good deal to the club what’s wrong with that? We know who they are but we don't know who the other lot are do we?

You may well have suggested the best way forward by default.

Bramall and Watson to develop the KM, yes I would go along with that.
I wouldn't mind that either, as long as they pump 20-40 million pounds into the playing squad. Like JR's sequentia deal has pledged to do.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 12, 2013, 03:55:55 pm by Alickismyhero »

NY yes I think I have subconciously made my decision and I think it came when I read a post by a person in the trade:

Jack the miner.

Jack the Miner on November 12, 2013 at 1:25 pm said:
Interesting stuff Glen and some interesting points from Mark B.
The only certainty for me in all of this is that hedge funds and football clubs don’t mix and I’m dumfounded to find that any of the directors were, or are, prepared to think about a deal.
In recent days I’ve spoken to football loving fund directors, offshore solicitors and someone who acts as an expert witness in the offshore fund world. Their comments tell you all you need to know…
‘Thank God it’s not us’
‘You poor b*******s’
‘This could be brutal’
‘Sorry to hear that’
None of these comments related to SC specifically (none of them had ever heard of them), but reflect their feelings about the marriage of hedge funds/private equity funds and football.
I’ve often reflected on how the Coventry and Palace fans must have danced in the streets when Sisu and Agilo came a calling and how they must have felt when the cold reality of it all finally hit them. And now some of our own fans are looking at their road maps to see how they’re going to get to Anfield and Old Trafford. I despair. I almost lost my club once and I still can’t believe anyone would want to put all the money on black and risk it again.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 12, 2013, 04:09:07 pm by Alickismyhero »
Broom,

I go along with that, £50m, problem solved. Somehow I don't think it will happen. I can remember thinking when the KM2 came on board are they really after land to develop? and now I would fully support them doing it provided the club/council/community get the benefit. I don't think the faceless mystery group would do that!

Then I think Bramall and Watson would get their Knighthoods because thats how the system works.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 12, 2013, 04:22:11 pm by Boomstick »
So your ok with terry brammall lining his pockets but not sequentia?
At least with the sequentia deal the playing squad will get millions put into it. the same cant be said about brammall.
Isn't it funny that as soon as Rovers get the lease on the stadium, brammall comes back on board almost immediately.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on November 12, 2013, 04:34:44 pm by newyankee »
Alick.

The way things are going , it WILL be the faceless group which gets the club because they are the only ones who do. Brammall doesn't, all he wants is his money back and more, so as long as he gets that he will be long gone. He is not bothered about DRFC at all.

You raised the question about  Ryan and Watson having a major share between them, why could they not outvote Brammall. Well, from very early in the process it was posted on here that ALL three had to agree, it could not be a majority.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 12, 2013, 04:35:46 pm by Alickismyhero »
Actually I don't think I suggested it was OK for Bramall to line his pockets?

What I said was " provided the club/council/community get the benefit"

If you go back a little further the poster LS, who I think is in the know, accepts that Bramall will spend more than he puts in to the club.

Now if you quote me do it accurately and fairly.

Who are SC I have yet to find out? Even people in the trade don't know who they are.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on November 12, 2013, 04:44:40 pm by Alickismyhero »
Alick.

The way things are going , it WILL be the faceless group which gets the club because they are the only ones who do. Brammall doesn't, all he wants is his money back and more, so as long as he gets that he will be long gone. He is not bothered about DRFC at all.

You raised the question about  Ryan and Watson having a major share between them, why could they not outvote Brammall. Well, from very early in the process it was posted on here that ALL three had to agree, it could not be a majority.

I can't fully defend Bramall because he is a Stig type person but I am forming an opinion based on people who do know him and lining his own pockets don't seem right.

I would have liked a strong leadership statement to come out from the club but I dont think that is going to happen.

I find it very strange that one director can stop the majority vote but I stand to be corrected. I bet Jenny knows.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 12, 2013, 04:51:10 pm by newyankee »

Alick, please refer back to the PM i sent you a couple of days ago!!!!!

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on November 12, 2013, 05:07:59 pm by Alickismyhero »
NY,

Yes I appreciate you sharing the information with me but I always look to where the information came from.

Do you think that he may have a vested interest in supporting John? If John wins the day, which he could,

would he not benefit as a result? John is very loyal to his friends.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 12, 2013, 08:32:55 pm by newyankee »

No Alick, he has already been asked to carry on doing what he has been doing for the club and also he is still employed by JR privately so no change.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012