Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:16:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I'm sorry PD, but.................  (Read 6893 times)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
I'm sorry PD, but.................
« on November 23, 2013, 12:31:18 am by mrfrostsdad »
If you think Cotterill is a better player than Coppinger then you've really lost the plot. Why in Gods name do you start him and
leave Copps on the bench?
He puts no effort in at all and i doubt he even broke into a sweat tonight. We looked totally different when Copps came on.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: I'm sorry PD, but.................
« Reply #1 on November 23, 2013, 12:39:00 am by Dare to dream! »
I will agree with you if PD starts Cotterill on Tuesday. You can see why he put him in, Coppinger hasn't been playing that well last few weeks and Cotterill got his first Wales cap in a good few years so he was bound to be higher on confidence.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 23, 2013, 12:56:40 am by mrfrostsdad »
Well if he was it didn't show!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 23, 2013, 01:02:24 am by dickos1 »
Thought he did ok, certainly better than wabara and Robinson

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 23, 2013, 01:05:41 am by Dare to dream! »
Well if he was it didn't show!

Yeah, obviously it did't work but it was probably worth the risk with Cotts being a confidence player. I did think he was poor tonight but not as bad as he has been this season.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 23, 2013, 01:09:14 am by Donnybax »
Thought he did ok, certainly better than wabara and Robinson
yeah cos that's saying a lot isn't it!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 23, 2013, 01:10:34 am by dickos1 »
Nope, it's just saying he was better than those two

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 23, 2013, 01:12:33 am by Donnybax »
He was il grant you that however saying he was better than a 1 out of 10 isn't a compliment

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 23, 2013, 01:12:56 am by mrfrostsdad »
That's my point Dare to:
He probably wasn't as bad tonight as he has been the rest of the season. So if he's been that and why is he playing at all?
I know Copps has not been at his his best this season either, but even at 50% of normal he's better than Cotterill

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 23, 2013, 01:13:21 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Paul doesn't seem to be able to get the best out of him at the minute,i don't know what's happened to him,Coppinger was decent when he came on,but i'd stick with Cotterill for now,but he definitely needs to get back to where he was before,his crossing has always been a big part of his game,but not quite happening for him at the minute,nobodies above losing they're place though he needs to start producing again,when he's on his game,he's the best winger we've got,come on Dave :thumbsup:

steve72

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 23, 2013, 01:14:36 am by steve72 »
Ugly game of football. I would be furious if that was served up at the Amex

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 23, 2013, 01:33:37 am by pib »
On a related note, I wouldn't mind knowing what sarcastically cheering players off achieves?

Way to boost the fragile confidence of players like Cotterill and Robinson eh? Jeer them off the pitch. I'm sure they'll be dead keen to run through brick walls for you next week if you treat them like that.

We have some real morons supporting us.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 23, 2013, 01:37:29 am by podrover73 »
Paul doesn't seem to be able to get the best out of him at the minute,i don't know what's happened to him,Coppinger was decent when he came on,but i'd stick with Cotterill for now,but he definitely needs to get back to where he was before,his crossing has always been a big part of his game,but not quite happening for him at the minute,nobodies above losing they're place though he needs to start producing again,when he's on his game,he's the best winger we've got,come on Dave :thumbsup:

Cotterill, not been the same player since Saunders left

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 23, 2013, 01:40:58 am by River Don »
Ugly game of football. I would be furious if that was served up at the Amex

We have seen sone ugliness served up at the Amex. John Ryan won't forgive Lewis Dunk.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 23, 2013, 01:41:34 am by Sammy Chung was King »
A Typical game for two teams who are around each other in the table,Has anybody realised ''The Curse has been Exorcised'',thinking of that little woman with the glasses,Carol-Anne come towards the light :laugh:

I Heard that as well,disappointed with that the sarcasm was uncalled for,they don't try to play bad,though the applause of James Hayter was good,but if i'm being honest we should be more supportive of our current players,i'm sure some people just go for a moan,it makes us look really fickle and a joke,thankfully it wasn't all of our supporters.

He hasn't Pib,no getting away from it,and it's not because he can't play at this level.

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 23, 2013, 09:02:42 am by Donnylass »
I Heard that as well,disappointed with that the sarcasm was uncalled for,they don't try to play bad,though the applause of James Hayter was good,but if i'm being honest we should be more supportive of our current players,i'm sure some people just go for a moan,it makes us look really fickle and a joke,thankfully it wasn't all of our supporters.

He hasn't Pib,no getting away from it,and it's not because he can't play at this level.

So what is Cotterill trying to do? Because it certainly isn't playing football. I thought the whole point was to try and get the ball not avoid it like it's a ticking bomb.
The one time he did put a run in the people sat round me even commented on it, as it happens so infrequently.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 23, 2013, 09:52:56 am by Bentley Bullet »
Cotterill played much better second half and got several crosses in. Every team has someone who is going  through a rough patch of form.

Players off form are victims, and not culprits, and need MORE support than normal.

It seems to me that some of our fans can't wait to have a dig at someone, and get more pleasure from it than being positive and putting their energies into actually praising someone who performed well!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 23, 2013, 10:07:02 am by DonnyOsmond »
Coppinger is untouchable to some. You question Cotterill's performances but Coppinger did even less than Cotts.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 23, 2013, 10:46:02 am by bobjimwilly »
Coppinger is untouchable to some. You question Cotterill's performances but Coppinger did even less than Cotts.

I disagree. I thought Copps changed the game when he came on. Going for every ball, make chances down the right, and should have had a peno.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 23, 2013, 10:48:44 am by Chris Black come back »
See some prat has now started abusing Cotterill on Twitter.

HE PLAYS FOR OUR TEAM FFS!!!!!!!!

Coppinger is untouchable though. Brilliant player. Not seen a player this season fit to clean his boots.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 23, 2013, 10:54:29 am by Bentley Bullet »
Quote from: bobjimwilly l
[/quote

I disagree. I thought Copps changed the game when he came on. Going for every ball, make chances down the right, and should have had a peno.

Now that's being positive and putting your energies into actually praising someone who performed well!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 23, 2013, 10:56:13 am by Donnywolf »

Copps DID a lot after he came on. He made mistakes sure but when you are trying to beat people that's inevitable

What he DID bring to the game though was a noticeable effort, chasing people down, trying to get attacks going and "putting himself about" generally

At the moment if I were a Manager I would play him instead of Cotterill *

* I would tell Cotterill also to leave the set pieces to Duffy

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 23, 2013, 11:16:12 am by Bentley Bullet »
I think Copps' contribution was enhanced because he came off the bench as opposed to starting the game. His strength was the advantage of having fresh legs against tired opponents.

I think he's now reached an age where coming off the bench produces his best performances.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 23, 2013, 11:31:23 am by mrfrostsdad »
I think Coppinger is playing better when he comes off the bench at the moment Bentley.
IMO the problem is, Cotterill is not good enough to be on the pitch at all. If anything I thought he was even worse in the second half than the first. I didn't cheer when he came off, but I certainly didn't clap either.
I don't mind someone having an off day if he puts a shift in, but for me he doesn't try an inch. Bone idle, doesn't want the ball and when he does get it, hasn't a clue what to do with it.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 23, 2013, 11:48:24 am by bobjimwilly »
agree with both above about copps performing better when coming on as a sub. Personally would leave it the same again for tues, with Cotts starting.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 23, 2013, 11:55:04 am by graingrover »
Cotts is at his best when the game stretches and there is room to attack down the flanks . Last night the difficulty he had to get into the game was a lot due to him receiving the ball from square passes on the half way line ..he was hardly ever fed a pass infront of him . Copps handled that much better but by then Yeovil were pressing and the game was stretched more too.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 23, 2013, 12:15:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Coppinger looked sharp, with as little end product as ever. And what he SHOULD have had for that challenge in the area was a booking. It was a disgraceful dive and I hate that as much when it comes from our players as when it comes from the opposition. Their lad barely touched Coppinger and he went down like he'd been shot. Not acceptable.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 23, 2013, 12:16:22 pm by bobjimwilly »
Coppinger looked sharp, with as little end product as ever. And what he SHOULD have had for that challenge in the area was a booking. It was a disgraceful dive and I hate that as much when it comes from our players as when it comes from the opposition. Their lad barely touched Coppinger and he went down like he'd been shot. Not acceptable.

i still haven't seen a replay of the incident BST? I'll take your word for it; disappointing from Jamie as he's not normally one to dive?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 23, 2013, 12:22:43 pm by Chris Black come back »

It looked a dive, which is odd as Copps has never been a diver despite being kicked throughout every league we have played.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 23, 2013, 12:42:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BJM/CB

I agree that Coppinger is usually a very honest player. So I was out of my seat certain that it must be a penalty. But it wasn't. It was a disappointing thing to see and summat that I have no tolerance for.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012