Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:02:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Syers  (Read 15288 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Syers
« Reply #30 on November 25, 2013, 06:25:45 pm by GazLaz »
He's like Lampard. Not going to control a game but his timing into the box is brilliant.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 25, 2013, 06:31:26 pm by RedRover45 »
If they're taking his "month's loan" from when his second spell started then I think we may not get him back till 14th December.

That'll do. Just in time to unleash him onto dirty L***s !!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 25, 2013, 06:53:50 pm by The Red Baron »
Just found this on the Scunny site:

http://www.Scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/article/syers-extension-agreed-1156759.aspx

His loan was extended on 5th November and Brian Laws confirmed that there was no "break" in his loan deal- i.e. he didn't return to Rovers to train. I am puzzled as to how this has happened and can only conclude that we omitted to include the "immediate recall" clause when he was extended.

If the Football League are saying that refusing permission to play in the FA Cup constitutes a break in his loan then there are going to be a lot of players and clubs affected!

PS: If we're taking 28 days from 5th November then he could be available for the Bolton match on 7th December, or even Birmingham next Tuesday.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 06:56:04 pm by The Red Baron »

Malc Morling

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 25, 2013, 09:46:13 pm by Malc Morling »
Just found this on the Scunny site:

http://www.Scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/article/syers-extension-agreed-1156759.aspx

His loan was extended on 5th November and Brian Laws confirmed that there was no "break" in his loan deal- i.e. he didn't return to Rovers to train. I am puzzled as to how this has happened and can only conclude that we omitted to include the "immediate recall" clause when he was extended.

If the Football League are saying that refusing permission to play in the FA Cup constitutes a break in his loan then there are going to be a lot of players and clubs affected!i
PS: If we're taking 28 days from 5th November then he could be available for the Bolton match on 7th December, or even Birmingham next Tuesday. I think he could play up front with Macada  :chair:

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on November 26, 2013, 10:39:16 pm by Prez »
Scored again for scunny tonight in a 4-0 win.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 26, 2013, 10:58:40 pm by steve@dcfd »
Big difference in levels between league 2 and Championship, let's hope he continues to score in the next two weeks then hopefully he may do at our level on his return.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 26, 2013, 11:46:39 pm by RedJ »
Maybe so re levels (of quality) but if you get in the right areas and you know where the back of the net is - as he clearly does - then you'll get goals.

Maybe not enough, but more than the current midfield bar occasionally Duffy contribute.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 27, 2013, 07:13:08 pm by albie »
Rovers are not making sense on this.

If we didn't want Syers cup-tied, then why was he not recalled after his original 28 days was up?

It makes no sense to re-open the loan period by allowing him to start against Pompey, after the FA cup break. If he had returned to DRFC (who paid his wages?), then a new deal locking him in for another 28 days is negligent from us. At all events we should have known the rules before agreeing. It looks like a balls up really!

As I understood, the rule was that no recall is permitted in the first 28 days, but a recall is allowed any time after that if the term is extended.

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 27, 2013, 07:30:41 pm by CraigyBoy »
When Rovers are crying out for a decent attacking midfielder, I cannot understand why Syers is at Scunthorpe. I'm not Dickov's biggest fan, but this is a dumb move even for him.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on November 27, 2013, 08:34:05 pm by RedJ »

If we didn't want Syers cup-tied, then why was he not recalled after his original 28 days was up?

It makes no sense to re-open the loan period by allowing him to start against Pompey, after the FA cup break. If he had returned to DRFC (who paid his wages?), then a new deal locking him in for another 28 days is negligent from us. At all events we should have known the rules before agreeing. It looks like a balls up really!

As I understood, the rule was that no recall is permitted in the first 28 days, but a recall is allowed any time after that if the term is extended.

Apparently because of the FA Cup game which he wasn't allowed to play in which caused the break in the loan spell to happen. It wasn't intentional and there was no way round it other than to let him play in the cup match.

A schoolboy error if it's the case that we didn't know that was the rule, I guess.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on November 28, 2013, 09:09:19 am by The Red Baron »

I'm wondering if the cup game is a bit of a red herring. After all, Kyle Bennett spent only a month at Crawley, was not allowed to play in the FA Cup and has now returned to us.

What I think happened is this: Syers went to Scunthorpe and spent four weeks there, but Rovers did not agree to an extension until AFTER the 28 days had expired. The second loan was agreed on 5th November 2013 and seems to have been considered to be a new loan, not an extension.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on December 05, 2013, 01:00:08 pm by The Red Baron »
Latest on Syers:

http://www.Scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/Scunthorpe-United-plan-talk-Doncaster-Rovers/story-20266271-detail/story.html

Seems we can't recall him until after 14th December, although I'm sure Rovers will want him available for the Christmas and New Year games even if he's then allowed to go back for a further spell at Scunny in January.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on December 05, 2013, 01:14:59 pm by Filo »
Latest on Syers:

http://www.Scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/Scunthorpe-United-plan-talk-Doncaster-Rovers/story-20266271-detail/story.html

Seems we can't recall him until after 14th December, although I'm sure Rovers will want him available for the Christmas and New Year games even if he's then allowed to go back for a further spell at Scunny in January.

Reading that it looks like we asked to terminate the loan and they refused, which they had every right to do, so when we're in a position to recall him we should, why help them when we might need bodies, they didn't help us so sod em!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on December 05, 2013, 01:16:45 pm by graingrover »
He would  certainly challenge Theo in the rĂ´le he is expected to play alongside Macheda. What a livewire Syers can be and has a more convincing bite to him when having to challege to recover possession.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on December 05, 2013, 02:01:48 pm by eastender »
Latest on Syers:

Reading that it looks like we asked to terminate the loan and they refused, which they had every right to do, so when we're in a position to recall him we should, why help them when we might need bodies, they didn't help us so sod em!

That might have been down to Brian Laws , With Russ Wilcox in temporary charge we might be able to come up with an arrangements that's suits both parties like a 24 hour call back.

donnyguy61

« Reply #45 on December 05, 2013, 02:20:43 pm by donnyguy61 »
Sean Taylor ‏@SEANTAYLORpress 3m
I understand Scunthorpe will contact Doncaster this weekend about extending David Syers' loan spell #drfc #iron

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on December 05, 2013, 03:10:43 pm by The Red Baron »
Sean Taylor ‏@SEANTAYLORpress 3m
I understand Scunthorpe will contact Doncaster this weekend about extending David Syers' loan spell #drfc #iron

Well, I suppose if you don't ask, you don't get, though I think I know what the answer will be.

It seems we did them a favour last time around by allowing his second month to start around 16th November, so the week of their FA Cup tie wasn't counted as part of his loan. Unfortunately this meant that his second month was considered a new loan deal and therefore we couldn't invoke the recall clause.

This time we could allow his loan to continue after 14th December and we would be able to recall him at 24 hours notice, but I'm guessing he'll be wanted back for the Christmas period. As he's not Cup-tied, I'd also expect him to be involved in the FA Cup in January.

Sorry, Scunny!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on December 10, 2013, 06:05:09 pm by glosterred »
Mike White‏@mikewhitesport11m
#Scunthorpe United have agreed an extension on the loan of @davesyers with a 24-hour recall clause for Doncaster. @robstaton @Walkerpw

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on December 10, 2013, 06:16:17 pm by wing commander »
That baffles me....

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on December 10, 2013, 06:17:31 pm by The Red Baron »
Does me. I thought we wanted as many bodies as possible for the Christmas/ New Year period.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on December 10, 2013, 06:22:30 pm by glosterred »
We can get him back in 24 hours - therefore, he keeps match fit thanks to Scunny

COYR

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on December 10, 2013, 06:23:06 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
And me, he'd be a big asset to our team given our midfielders don't get forward enough - disappointing.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on December 10, 2013, 06:31:35 pm by wing commander »
But he's not training with us...poor descision

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on December 10, 2013, 06:46:59 pm by boro_rover »
I think it makes sense. He will be getting plenty of game time, so he will be match fit and full of confidence.
I would love him to come back in with a new start and perform like Greeny did, after his break.

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on December 10, 2013, 07:17:48 pm by arkseyrover »
and he might get injured playing for Scunny

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on December 10, 2013, 07:50:24 pm by RobTheRover »
True, but thats the gamble.  A fit and raring to go player (with a risk of him getting a knock), or a ring rusty player with splinters in his backside?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on December 10, 2013, 08:03:08 pm by Wellred »
Or he could get injured in training? We seem to get more injuries in training than on the pitch!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on December 10, 2013, 09:46:19 pm by wing commander »
That's true...but I would prefer him here rehearsing our formations and set pieces Tbh...Can't we just give them Harper..lol

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on December 10, 2013, 11:25:00 pm by KieronDRFC »
Its a joke. We are crying out for a player like syers yet instead of recalling him were extending his loan! Ridiculous decision made clearly to save money.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on December 10, 2013, 11:27:06 pm by hoolahoop »
I would have have back in a flash, cracking player. I don' t see why we loaned him out in the first place . Th e least we would get is a very good utility player.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012