Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:29:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Syers  (Read 15291 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Syers
« Reply #60 on December 10, 2013, 11:56:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just a thought.

A formation that includes two out-and-out strikers, plus two from Coppinger, Duffy and Cotterill seems to be our usual MO. Where exactly does a player bursting through from central midfield, but questionable on the defensive side fit into that?

Or, alternatively, what are the formation and personnel that you would choose to fit Syers in?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on December 11, 2013, 02:22:12 am by RedJ »
The one we started the season with would accommodate him.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on December 11, 2013, 06:50:10 am by hoolahoop »
Just a thought.

A formation that includes two out-and-out strikers, plus two from Coppinger, Duffy and Cotterill seems to be our usual MO. Where exactly does a player bursting through from central midfield, but questionable on the defensive side fit into that?

Or, alternatively, what are the formation and personnel that you would choose to fit Syers in?

Our usual MO will see us beaten more often than not most weeks billy .
I was thinking of him as more of an impact sub to replace one of those players or use him to play off the shoulder of Macheda should the supply run dry.
He is currently being used ' on loan' or should I say making a name for himself as a striker and has scored goals at that horrible place he's at now.
Time to bring him him back for our Christmas programme asap

neil grainger

« Reply #63 on December 11, 2013, 11:38:10 am by neil grainger »
I would have have back in a flash, cracking player. I don' t see why we loaned him out in the first place . Th e least we would get is a very good utility player.

Agree 100% with that Hoola.

I've always rated Syers and was surprised and disappointed when he was sent out on loan.

I resigned myself to the fact that PD clearly felt he had enough midfielders available to him and the loan would probably keep Syers sharp and match-fit.

It's done that, so let's get him back!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on December 11, 2013, 11:48:07 am by Bentley Bullet »
Definitely good enough in my opinion, and should be an active squad member. With this in mind it makes me wonder if there's a personality clash between him and Dickov.

Failing that, if it's a tactical decision it must be above my head.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on December 11, 2013, 12:35:42 pm by DRNaith »
Just a thought.

I've been thinking the exact same thing, we don't seem to play a formation that would accomodation someone who is essentially a central attacking midfielder

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on December 11, 2013, 02:07:54 pm by goalkick »
Part of reason we are lacking in goals.

Malc Morling

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on December 11, 2013, 02:31:47 pm by Malc Morling »
The one we started the season with would accommodate him.
[/quote I don not think Copps or cotterall are pulling any trees up Syers could do there job :chair:

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on December 11, 2013, 02:32:19 pm by DRNaith »
I could that taking the 2 wingers off and putting De Val as an extra CM and Syers as CAM could completely change a game in the final 30 minutes.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on December 11, 2013, 05:01:25 pm by mrfrostsdad »
If he was as good as everyone seems to think he is, a League 1 club would have come in for him on loan.
Maybe found his level?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on December 11, 2013, 05:28:39 pm by glosterred »
If he was as good as everyone seems to think he is, a League 1 club would have come in for him on loan.
Maybe found his level?

A League one club did come in for him Doncaster Rovers - last season

COYR

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on December 11, 2013, 07:34:17 pm by graingrover »
Maybe found his level?
.. you moaning again about our club !!

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on December 12, 2013, 01:08:55 am by mrfrostsdad »
Grain mate,
Go and bury your head.  No, I'm not moaning about our club that I've followed since 1964. Why would saying that Syers had found his level be moaning about our club?
What's your point?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on December 12, 2013, 01:20:10 am by mrfrostsdad »
Ok,
That's an off the cuff response.
Obviously our manager doesn't think he's good enough to play in the second tier, so he loaned him out to a (then) lower half of League 2 team. His goals have helped get them in to the play off places.
So, why would saying he's found his level be having a go at 'our club' as you call it?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on December 12, 2013, 01:25:21 am by RoversAlias »
Dickov said he loaned him out to give him game time and match fitness, not to ship him off for a permanent transfer.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on December 12, 2013, 05:23:31 am by hoolahoop »
Dickov said he loaned him out to give him game time and match fitness, not to ship him off for a permanent transfer.

Great then it's high time he was back from that shit oyl. He needs to be scoring goals for us!!  RTID

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on December 12, 2013, 09:48:56 am by Bentley Bullet »
Ok,
Obviously our manager doesn't think he's good enough to play in the second tier, so he loaned him out to a (then) lower half of League 2 team. His goals have helped get them in to the play off places.
So, why would saying he's found his level be having a go at 'our club' as you call it?

Sheffield United didn't think Billy Sharp was good enough to play in the second tier, so they loan him out to a league two team (ironically Scunthorpe). His goals helped them get in to a play off place. Did that mean he'd found his level?

Surely if he'd performed moderately he'd more likely have found his level?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 09:51:47 am by Bentley Bullet »

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on December 12, 2013, 10:06:58 am by Boomstick »
Ok,

Sheffield United didn't think Billy Sharp was good enough to play in the second tier, so they loan him out to a league two team (ironically Scunthorpe). His goals helped them get in to a play off place. Did that mean he'd found his level?

Sorry to change the subject, but what your referring to is coincidence, not irony!
Sorry to be pedantic!

neil grainger

« Reply #78 on December 12, 2013, 10:42:49 am by neil grainger »
Ok,

Excellent post BB

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on December 12, 2013, 10:50:14 am by Bentley Bullet »
 Sorry Broomstick, I seem to be making a few mistakes of late. I'll try to iron the problem out!   ;)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on December 12, 2013, 10:52:28 am by NickDRFC »
Different circumstances to my mind - Sharp was loaned out as an 18/19 year old who had made maybe one or two appearances for the first team at Sheff Utd. Syers is 25 (?) and has spent his career in League One/Two, not a youngster just starting out and looking for game time. That said, I don't think he's been given a fair crack of the whip by Dickov and could offer something different to what we have provided he could make the step up.

Another point of order - Sharp was also loaned to Rushden in League Two, scored goals, then signed for to Scunthorpe in the summer, who were already by that point in League One.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on December 12, 2013, 10:58:55 am by The Red Baron »
The thing that puzzles me in all this is that only last weekend Dickov was expressing relief that some players are on their way back to fitness and giving him more choices. He also felt that we may have performed better at Bolton if he'd been able to rotate the squad over the course of three games in eight days. Why, then, would you not want to have a player back who is match-fit and gives you another option?

Even if Syers was only used as an impact sub, he would give the bench a much stronger look than it has had of late.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on December 12, 2013, 11:51:55 am by mrfrostsdad »
Because he obviously doesn't think he's good enough. What else could it be. Unless they've had a fall out of course?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on December 14, 2013, 12:09:44 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Because he obviously doesn't think he's good enough. What else could it be. Unless they've had a fall out of course?

Maybe Syers bored Dickov,correcting him all the time with his P's and Q's,being a University Graduate :mad:,don't know how he's still loaned out,with youth team players filling the bench,he obviously doesn't rate him very highly,football's all about opinions,Paul has to stand or fall by his.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on December 14, 2013, 08:32:16 am by River Don »
BST

I suppose we could play Brown up top, Syers as an attacking-mid behind him, Macheda and Cottrill say amongst a host of choices as wide attack and then Wellens and De Val protecting the defence and distributing.

That was the formation PD advocated when he started out.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012