Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:57:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: terry bramall  (Read 25249 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: terry bramall
« Reply #60 on December 02, 2013, 06:02:21 pm by silent majority »
As fans we never had a say on how the club should run but we seemed to have voice and and ear in JR and that has been silenced with his resignation . I doubt we can expect to
Have much of an input apart from how we want to pay for our season ticket . Those who in the past gave credit to JR for all the clubs success may find the new management a little deaf from now  on. IMO of course . Just incase there listening.

I find your comments very wide of the mark. The best that we've had, in terms of a voice, has come through the IRWT project, and this has received nationwide acclaim for its wide ranging and, in some cases, groundbreaking ideas. It's Fan Engagement at its best.

But the people responsible for driving this and delivering this across all areas has been Gavin Baldwin and Shaun Lockwood, with great support from all Heads Of Departments.

I don't think John even knew we had this programme running.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on December 02, 2013, 06:11:57 pm by Savvy »
As fans we never had a say on how the club should run but we seemed to have voice and and ear in JR and that has been silenced with his resignation . I doubt we can expect to
Have much of an input apart from how we want to pay for our season ticket . Those who in the past gave credit to JR for all the clubs success may find the new management a little deaf from now  on. IMO of course . Just incase there listening.

I have supported this club for many years and save the odd trip into the Polypipe Stand that's all you got from JR. Please name me one just one instance where JR actually listened and took action from a single or group of fans.
You don't have to think too long as there aren't many instances over many yearswhere that has actually happened.
Where has this myth come from ? Look I don't  and never have had any problems with him as a person over the years but the Barnsley ''stunt''really pissed me off ..........it was the day that John Ryan FORGOT that DRFC belongs to the folk of Doncaster as it has for over a century and didn't belong to HIM.
Why oh why  people fall for such stunts is beyond me ? They have for years and the gullibility goes on and on and on...................................RANT OVER

Remember that this club belongs to this town and not any individual. I thank JR for what all that he has done but am disappointed in his recent actions

My understanding is that during the early days of his time as chairman, he used to meet on a regular basis with Andy Liney and co to discuss supporters concerns.

As for his actions at Barnsley, what was he meant to do? He'd just resigned his position and therefore had no authority to sit in the Directors box. He wants to watch the team HE resued along with the rest of the away support, whats the big deal, it wasn't an audience with...if people wanted to show their appreciation that's up to them...after all they had plenty to thank him for!!!!!!!

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on December 02, 2013, 06:12:31 pm by pib »

I find your comments very wide of the mark. The best that we've had, in terms of a voice, has come through the IRWT project, and this has received nationwide acclaim for its wide ranging and, in some cases, groundbreaking ideas. It's Fan Engagement at its best.

But the people responsible for driving this and delivering this across all areas has been Gavin Baldwin and Shaun Lockwood, with great support from all Heads Of Departments.

How can JR not have known about it when he was present at several of the forums at the Keepmoat?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on December 02, 2013, 06:13:51 pm by RedJ »

I have supported this club for many years and save the odd trip into the Polypipe Stand that's all you got from JR. Please name me one just one instance where JR actually listened and took action from a single or group of fans.
You don't have to think too long as there aren't many instances over many yearswhere that has actually happened.
Where has this myth come from ? Look I don't  and never have had any problems with him as a person over the years but the Barnsley ''stunt''really pissed me off ..........it was the day that John Ryan FORGOT that DRFC belongs to the folk of Doncaster as it has for over a century and didn't belong to HIM.
Why oh why  people fall for such stunts is beyond me ? They have for years and the gullibility goes on and on and on...................................RANT OVER

Remember that this club belongs to this town and not any individual. I thank JR for what all that he has done but am disappointed in his recent actions

My understanding is that during the early days of his time as chairman, he used to meet on a regular basis with Andy Liney and co to discuss supporters concerns.

As for his actions at Barnsley, what was he meant to do? He'd just resigned his position and therefore had no authority to sit in the Directors box. He wants to watch the team HE resued along with the rest of the away support, whats the big deal, it wasn't an audience with...if people wanted to show their appreciation that's up to them...after all they had plenty to thank him for!!!!!!!

Well nobody forced him to resign at that specific moment...

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on December 02, 2013, 06:16:22 pm by Savvy »

Well nobody forced him to resign at that specific moment...

And conversely, nobody told him he couldn't resign at that specific moment either!!!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on December 02, 2013, 06:19:59 pm by selby »
JR leaving was going to happen one day and he was always going to be missed by the club and the supporters when it happened.
 Myself I am sad it couldnot have been in happier circumstances and still hope that JR is still interested enough to come to the matches and support the team like the rest of us a big ask I know but I think he would be thought of in the highest esteem by the supporters if he did and prove what a big man he is.
  And thats the differance with the Rovers we are a club we have our faults but we pull together when things get tough and show our true metal.
   Thanks JR its been a great ride for those of us who have come all the way with you and all the best for your future whatever that may be but my heart is with the club for better or worse.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on December 02, 2013, 06:25:48 pm by Filo »

Where did he watch the game from during the first half?

Did he get ejected from the Directors box at HT?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on December 02, 2013, 06:28:59 pm by albie »
Please....can we all move on now?

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on December 02, 2013, 06:30:39 pm by Savvy »
Filo, I wasn't there so perhaps you could tell me?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on December 02, 2013, 06:53:43 pm by silent majority »

How can JR not have known about it when he was present at several of the forums at the Keepmoat?

John turned up for the 'meet the owners' events but I was talking about IRWT, and he never turned up for any of those meetings.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on December 02, 2013, 07:31:21 pm by pib »

John turned up for the 'meet the owners' events but I was talking about IRWT, and he never turned up for any of those meetings.

Yes, but from my memory, IRWT was discussed at the 'meet the owners' events. I was at one where Mark Bradley was talking about it, and JR was in attendance at that event. So JR must have been aware of it.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on December 02, 2013, 07:35:54 pm by Rovers Return »

Yes, but from my memory, IRWT was discussed at the 'meet the owners' events. I was at one where Mark Bradley was talking about it, and JR was in attendance at that event. So JR must have been aware of it.

aaaaahhh But was he paying attention? Or did he have a glazed look in his eyes?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on December 02, 2013, 08:41:10 pm by Wellred »
So according to SM JR didn't know about IRWT?
But JR was at the meet the owners meeting where IRWT discussed?

Something isn't quite right there.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on December 02, 2013, 09:00:59 pm by silent majority »
I said he wasn't at any of the IRWT meetings, being difficult again by any chance?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #74 on December 02, 2013, 09:20:25 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Let's get some balance here. JR was aware of IRWT however he may not have been a driver of it, leaving it to GB and SL. He attended a small fan panel with Gavin before start of season. In the past I heard of John's stubborness on certain fan issues but by enlarge the IRWT appears to progressed well. Let's not nitpick about things like this chaps.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on December 02, 2013, 09:23:03 pm by hoolahoop »
So according to SM JR didn't know about IRWT?
But JR was at the meet the owners meeting where IRWT discussed?

Something isn't quite right there.

Wellred JR wasn't at any of the meetings according to SM so unless you know for a fact he was then why can't you just accept that statement ?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on December 02, 2013, 10:34:18 pm by GazLaz »
SM said he thinks JR doesn't even know we have the scheme. Others are entitled to disagree.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on December 03, 2013, 01:46:07 am by PDX_Rover »
JR watched the first half of the Barnsley game from the Directors' Box, before joining the unwashed masses for the second half to attempt his Beer Hall Putsch, which is what it was.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on December 03, 2013, 05:11:01 am by hoolahoop »
Before we go any further , I want to make it quite clear that I have never been an anti-JR person . In fact I along with most Rovers supporters admired  the way he fought to drag this club from 3rd/4th level non_achievers over the last 50/60 years to a club that could compete at 2nd/3rd tier regularly. No-one can take that away from him and DW/TB in latter years. This could never have been achieved without the financing of the 'KM2' and I don't think that they were ever given or sought any credit from our supporters......it was all achieved by JR as many thought and still think.
There had to be a day when they would eventually seek to become more involved in the direction that the club moved in and that's what caused the rift. First there was    their obvious objection to the 'experiment' and latterly to the terms and conditions of the SC bid for ownership.
For the first time , JR sought to use the press and the fans to balance up his loss of control in the Boardroom to get his way. That could only lead to one eventual conclusion I.e his ultimate defeat. Rather than go down as the retiring magnificent Chairman he or rather his advisors elected to have him 'showboat' at Barnsley and that will unfortunately tarnish his image to many.

However overall he was a magnificent Chairman and supporter of his 'hometown' club who masterminded and cemented hopefully forever his club from being a 5th tier /nigh non-existent club to a 2nd/3rd tier club.
In terms of the way the money is distributed in modern football in this country that is a magnificent achievement for both him and DW/TB without whom it would never have been financially possible.

They will of course leave their own legacies in good time but never forget that it was JR who invited them ( and their money) to share his vision.

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on December 03, 2013, 07:30:02 am by Savvy »
Before we go any further , I want to make it quite clear that I have never been an anti-JR person . In fact I along with most Rovers supporters admired  the way he fought to drag this club from 3rd/4th level non_achievers over the last 50/60 years to a club that could compete at 2nd/3rd tier regularly. No-one can take that away from him and DW/TB in latter years. This could never have been achieved without the financing of the 'KM2' and I don't think that they were ever given or sought any credit from our supporters......it was all achieved by JR as many thought and still think.
There had to be a day when they would eventually seek to become more involved in the direction that the club moved in and that's what caused the rift. First there was    their obvious objection to the 'experiment' and latterly to the terms and conditions of the SC bid for ownership.
For the first time , JR sought to use the press and the fans to balance up his loss of control in the Boardroom to get his way. That could only lead to one eventual conclusion I.e his ultimate defeat. Rather than go down as the retiring magnificent Chairman he or rather his advisors elected to have him 'showboat' at Barnsley and that will unfortunately tarnish his image to many.

However overall he was a magnificent Chairman and supporter of his 'hometown' club who masterminded and cemented hopefully forever his club from being a 5th tier /nigh non-existent club to a 2nd/3rd tier club.
In terms of the way the money is distributed in modern football in this country that is a magnificent achievement for both him and DW/TB without whom it would never have been financially possible.

They will of course leave their own legacies in good time but never forget that it was JR who invited them ( and their money) to share his vision.

Were they actually on the board when we played our first championship game at Derby?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on December 03, 2013, 07:44:10 am by RobTheRover »
SM said he thinks JR doesn't even know we have the scheme. Others are entitled to disagree.

Why is everything anyone says taken so literally?  Have we all lost the inability to process the difference between opinion,  humour, tongue in cheek comments and facts?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on December 03, 2013, 07:55:24 am by hoolahoop »

Were they actually on the board when we played our first championship game at Derby?

I would need to check that savvy but we could all go on forever 'picking pieces ' out of each other' s posts. The point is I too admired the man for his early achievements particularly.
The point of my post is the 'sustainability' we have now achieved and for that we must all thank the 3 of them and all the other shareholders who chipped in to make it all possible.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on December 03, 2013, 08:15:18 am by Rovers Return »

Jeez.....talk about taking things literally. My wife would often say I didn't even know where the kitchen was. She didn't mean it literally, she meant I conveniently side stepped it when it suited me.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on December 03, 2013, 08:26:02 am by silent majority »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course they were. They invested in DRFC and elected to the board shortly after, in October 2006. Our play off year was 2007-2008.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on December 03, 2013, 08:38:09 am by BillyStubbsTears »

http://companycheck.co.uk/director/902174228

http://companycheck.co.uk/director/900564488

Yes they were. They joined the Board in Nov 2006. Just as we started pouring money into building O'Driscoll's side.

Draw your own conclusions.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on December 03, 2013, 09:39:37 am by Yargo »
Andy Liney pointed out on the old forum that JR couldnt attempt a challenge at getting to the Championship or staying there out of his own pocket.this fact has been forgotten by many
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:42:38 am by Yargo »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on December 03, 2013, 09:48:29 am by hoolahoop »
Thank God for that lads , I damn well thought they were but you have to check everything in your posts these days or face a firing squad ;)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on December 03, 2013, 09:52:44 am by hoolahoop »
Andy Liney pointed out on the old forum that JR couldnt attempt a challenge at getting to the Championship or staying there out of his own pocket.this fact has been forgotten by many

That's why the credit for our achievements needs to be spread through all the Shareholders/Owners and not just John Ryan.
Just because none of them wanted to be in the limelight .........does not imply that they weren't due any accolades too. That's my point.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on December 03, 2013, 10:03:38 am by Sprotyrover »
John Ryan biggest self publicist since Benito Mussolini!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on December 03, 2013, 01:14:08 pm by Wellred »
I said he wasn't at any of the IRWT meetings, being difficult again by any chance?

I think that is very different from saying: "I don't think John even knew we had this programme running."

If that is being difficult then yes I am.

It probably explains a lot about your anti JR stance.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012