Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:05:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Reece Wabara  (Read 6396 times)

donnyguy61

Reece Wabara
« on November 29, 2013, 04:13:44 pm by donnyguy61 »
Been playing with fractured toe and metatarsal

Sean Taylor ‏@SEANTAYLORpress 1m
Doncaster have suffered another injury blow with ther news that Reece Wabara faces around 2 months out with toe & metatarsal fractures #drfc

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Reece Wabara
« Reply #1 on November 29, 2013, 04:17:48 pm by GazLaz »
Surely it's been X-ray'd before now.

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 29, 2013, 04:18:03 pm by bigal »
Who says Jones is the hard man of the team

Spike

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 29, 2013, 04:22:03 pm by Spike »
I hope those who have been knocking him go and give him an apology now

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 29, 2013, 04:35:12 pm by mushRTID »
Terrible management. Dont have a go at the fans for rightly questioning his bad performances, blame the management for putting him in that position.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 29, 2013, 04:36:36 pm by GazLaz »
He's been shit all season, he's not been injured all season.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 29, 2013, 04:37:14 pm by mushRTID »
I know but hes been shitter recently.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 29, 2013, 04:41:42 pm by Wellred »
Have we got Dr Death back as physio?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 29, 2013, 04:42:25 pm by glosterred »
I hope those who have been knocking him go and give him an apology now

Unlikely

COYR

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 29, 2013, 04:45:32 pm by TheFunk »
I would imagine that they will be less likely to loan us further players if we can't look after them properly. Surely xrays and scans should have been done before now.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 29, 2013, 04:59:29 pm by GazLaz »
Martin Woods said he was injured for 2 years with us, went to AC Milan's physio place and they told him what was wrong in 10mins.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 29, 2013, 05:00:23 pm by The Red Baron »
He was x-rayed after the injury, which was sustained in the Watford game, and was subbed in the next game against Forest. However, the x-ray didn't show anything and he was diagnosed as having bruising. He was then on the bench for the next two games.

My guess is that he had a hairline fracture all the time which was not picked up by the x-ray and he's now taken another blow which has opened up the fracture. Players play with injuries all the time- don't forget McCombe has played for 2-3 years with an undiagnosed stress fracture of the spine. It is not always the fault of the medical department if the player is keen to play and does not report injury- until it gets too bad for him to carry on.

Also the terms of his loan, where he was expected to play at all times, may have deterred Rovers from resting him.

If the injury and pain has affected his performances then he probably hasn't done himself any favours by playing on.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 29, 2013, 05:02:14 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Martin Woods said he was injured for 2 years with us, went to AC Milan's physio place and they told him what was wrong in 10mins.

He has to wear a gumshield to fix his hip.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 29, 2013, 05:03:02 pm by steve@dcfd »
Been playing with fractured toe and metatarsal

Sean Taylor ‏@SEANTAYLORpress 1m
Doncaster have suffered another injury blow with ther news that Reece Wabara faces around 2 months out with toe & metatarsal fractures #drfc

It seems ludicrous we have only just found he has a break right at the end of the loan window, So again the loan we have been trying to get for over three weeks only happens when our player can't play. PD having to put players at risk so we do not have to increase the budget

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 29, 2013, 05:06:30 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Whats the point in a budget if we are gonna raise it every week.

We cant afford a bigger budget........

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 29, 2013, 05:13:12 pm by steve@dcfd »
Whats the point in a budget if we are gonna raise it every week.

We cant afford a bigger budget........

So what's the point of being in the championship if you cannot compete, budgets can be adapted for extraordinary invents which we have now. Yet the money we cannot put in for loan players can be put in to buy a Rugby League club. Oh sorry not come out of Rovers Budget from a different place in Club Doncaster. Pity that benefactor cannot assist our budget a bit more when required.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 29, 2013, 05:22:24 pm by RedJ »
But the Dons aren't funded out of the Rovers budget... or are we missing that fact out so we can have a dig?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 29, 2013, 05:32:50 pm by glosterred »
But the Dons aren't funded out of the Rovers budget... or are we missing that fact out so we can have a dig?

Why let the truth get in the way of facts

COYR

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 29, 2013, 05:46:55 pm by steve@dcfd »

Idid say that

put in to buy a Rugby League club. Oh sorry not come out of Rovers Budget from a different place in Club Doncaster. Pity that benefactor cannot assist our budget a bit more when required.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 29, 2013, 08:29:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Steve

You've spent years complaining about the level of personal subsidy that the directors put into the club. Out if interest, how much extra would you like to see them subsidise us by?

An extra million a year? 2 million?

What if that ends up not being enough to keep us in Tier2? After all, last time we were at this level, we had a wage bill £2.5m higher than the current one and we still went down?

So, if that wasn't enough, where do YOU think they should draw the line? £3million extra per year? £4million?

This is not a dig by the way. But presumably you have some level that you think would be suitable? I'm interested in what it is.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 29, 2013, 08:56:00 pm by RedJ »
Let's not forget Bristol City went down with £18m being spent on wages.

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 29, 2013, 09:26:30 pm by Savvy »
Steve

You've spent years complaining about the level of personal subsidy that the directors put into the club. Out if interest, how much extra would you like to see them subsidise us by?

What if that ends up not being enough to keep us in Tier2? After all, last time we were at this level, we had a wage bill £2.5m higher than the current one and we still went down?

So, if that wasn't enough, where do YOU think they should draw the line? £3million extra per year? £4million?

This is not a dig by the way. But presumably you have some level that you think would be suitable? I'm interested in what it is.

Billy, if the club does get relegated this season, what would you put it down to? Just saying like!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 29, 2013, 09:33:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Savvy

I'd put it down to us being unable to survive with a budget that required the Directors to subsidise our existence by a couple of million quid.

My turn. I'll ask you the same question as Steve. What amount do YOU think the Directors should be putting into the club?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 29, 2013, 09:43:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He's been shit all season, he's not been injured all season.

Gaz

Bit of a daft comment if you don't mind me saying

He looked excellent going forward earlier in the season. He's looked less confirtable back pedalling against a winger, but in several early matches, that was not an issue because he was taking the game to the opposition.

And that is a huge part of a modern full back's job. They are very important in helping a side to gain the advantage by pressing the opponents back.

He was excellent at that against Blackburn and Huddersfield to think of two examples.

If his broken bone has hampered his going forward, that explains a lot about why he and the team have struggled to impose themselves on the game recently.

Me, I'm more than prepared to give the lad a second look when he's fit.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 29, 2013, 10:45:17 pm by steve@dcfd »
Steve

I believe we need to have at least another 5 million at least on top of our current budget. To get the players we need to add to our present squad. I do not believe our present owners want to take that risk with their money. That is their choice I would never ask them to do what they do not want to do. Therefore extra investment or takeover is required to take the club up this league at first.

I will say no action or the status que IMO will see us relegated and less support next season.

The club have said, “They are excited about the future of Doncaster Rovers and helping the club to realise some of its unfulfilled aims. The current owners have a clear and exciting vision for the club which they are keen to deliver".

I do not understand on our present budget how this statement can be achieved, I may not know the full story.  My unfulfilled aims is to see my side fight in the top half of this table consistently. My clear and exciting vision for my club is to see good performances on the pitch, which lead to winning games. The dream of the premiership may be achieved but that will only happen by a larger budget than the one I suggested.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 29, 2013, 10:57:04 pm by BigH »
Steve,

You refer to risk. There is no risk. Any money that the shareholders put in is gone, dead, buried. You might as well burn a pile of fivers in the street.

These numbers that get plucked from the sky. What's the basis? You're effectively saying to the shareholders "go spend £5m because I want to feel better about my team and see us in with a shout of beating anyone in this league". And even then there's no guarantee. Tomorrow we play QPR, a club that has stuck two fingers up at UEFA's fairplay rule and is, to all intents and purpose, cheating by throwing a massive £60m+at trying to secure a return to the Premiership at the first attempt. That's risk.

Sorry, but I just struggle with all these posts from people who exhort people to spend money that isn't theirs.

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 29, 2013, 11:04:36 pm by bigal »
Thought this thread was about Warbara

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 29, 2013, 11:08:49 pm by steve@dcfd »
It is I was ask a question I gave my answer knowing I would be ridiculed but words mean nothing do they.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 29, 2013, 11:10:52 pm by albie »
If you think an extra £5m needs to go into the playing budget Steve, then consider the possible consequences.

Under the rules if DRFC show a loss in the accounts at year end, the shareholders either take competition sanctions or have to pump in additional money as shares for any excess between £3m and £8m.

That means they pay really pay twice if they choose to ignore the capacity of the club to support such spending. DRFC could be in the position of committing to an unmanageable level of debt, servicing contracts that are beyond prospective income into the future.

Everyone is entitled to a view, but the decision is more complicated than you suggest.

All the best to RW btw, it is poor if Rovers have not properly assessed his injury before now.

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 29, 2013, 11:30:14 pm by Savvy »
Savvy

I'd put it down to us being unable to survive with a budget that required the Directors to subsidise our existence by a couple of million quid.

My turn. I'll ask you the same question as Steve. What amount do YOU think the Directors should be putting into the club?

An amount that provides the manager with an opportunity to stay in this division, more as a statement of intent than anything else, given that a former board member had commented that they saw the clubs future in Division one! 

And they aren't subsidising anything, they are merely underwriting the cheques, any money they put in they'll be getting back, most likely with interest, unless it comes from the 100 million in charitable donations that one  of them gives away!!!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012