Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:04:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How is this game going ahead - Lee Collins would have called it off.  (Read 3146 times)

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
To think Donny had their game called off at Charlton in August because of a bit of standing water. Sky Sports 403, NFL game. Playing in a blizzard and the snow must be 6" deep in areas.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
I'm watching it- good fun!

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
Re: How is this game going ahead - Lee Collins would have called it off.
« Reply #2 on December 09, 2013, 12:54:02 pm by DaveDRFC »
Just posted this in Off Topic, didn't see this thread, there's a little video of it on the BBC site now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/american-football/25292683

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Very impressive! I wonder how the ground safety was? Apart from icey pitches, I don't think any footy match should be called off - deal with the conditions and feck the sanitisation of the game.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 09, 2013, 01:16:04 pm by hoolahoop »
Very impressive! I wonder how the ground safety was? Apart from icey pitches, I don't think any footy match should be called off - deal with the conditions and feck the sanitisation of the game.

:that:

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 09, 2013, 01:42:34 pm by Rios »
It made me chuckle at one critical moment when the scores were tight and Pittsburgh were about to score... the ref paused the game and announced to the crowd that they couldn't see the goal line and on trots two fellas, one with a big shovel the other with a snow blower and had the line cleared in twenty seconds.

It annoys me that we've had games called off in this country for frozen car parks, snow in the stands despite the pitch being cleared and countless semi-frozen pitches.  England used to be known for it's stiff upper lip and making the best of it, yet it's the bleeding Yanks showing us that H&S hasn't taken over their country.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #6 on December 09, 2013, 02:48:21 pm by GM-MarkB »
Theres only 1 thing that stops a game in the NFL and thats thunder & lightening. Having said that, Chicago had a game suspended for almost 2 hours the other week when a tornado warning was issued as the game started. The crowd was 'evacuated' to the consourses at Soldier Field and the game stopped. But after the warning had been lifted, they came back out and carried on.

Sunday reminds me of a play off game back in the 80's...the Fog Bowl

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLdGCHUbMCY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLdGCHUbMCY</a>

Back in my playing days I played a game in the snow inthe North East..it was brill, getting big hits in and watching the oppos and our lads 'sledging' down the field  :thumbsup:

I was watching all the games on RedZone last night...Philly was definitely the worst hit but the technology Fox had meant they just superimposed the field marking on the screen which made it easily watchable.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 02:54:16 pm by GM-MarkB »

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 09, 2013, 04:04:34 pm by 1879Rovers »
They were saying that a game has never been postponed in the NFL because of the weather.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
It made me chuckle at one critical moment when the scores were tight and Pittsburgh were about to score... the ref paused the game and announced to the crowd that they couldn't see the goal line and on trots two fellas, one with a big shovel the other with a snow blower and had the line cleared in twenty seconds.

It annoys me that we've had games called off in this country for frozen car parks, snow in the stands despite the pitch being cleared and countless semi-frozen pitches.  England used to be known for it's stiff upper lip and making the best of it, yet it's the bleeding Yanks showing us that H&S hasn't taken over their country.

It's funny, because the USA is the original home of the ambulance-chasing lawyer, and these vultures are usually blamed for risk-averse behaviour in this country- such as postponing footy matches because someone might slip on a frozen pavement and be able to sue for megabucks. Maybe the Yanks have a more robust attitude to sporting events, but are still happy to sue McDonalds if their coffee is too hot and they burn their mouth!

GM-MarkB

« Reply #9 on December 09, 2013, 08:46:12 pm by GM-MarkB »
They were saying that a game has never been postponed in the NFL because of the weather.

Well yes thats probably correct....but....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAyLX2hY7E0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAyLX2hY7E0</a>

This did cause a postponement of their game that Sunday, which was played the following day at the University of Minnesota's stadium..so technically the weather has caused a game to be postponed

TinyPortal © 2005-2012