Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:57:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Well Done Leeds  (Read 14594 times)

IC1967

• Forum Member
Re: Well Done Leeds
« Reply #120 on December 16, 2013, 10:28:39 am by IC1967 »
Whoopydoo so being the biggest are you suggesting that we put all our Rovers stuff away in the garage , buy a dirty white shirt and flock down to Bellend in our tens of '000s ? Are you serious ?
Would you also tell the good people of Lancashire to drop all their ties with their clubs and do the same ?
You are plainly a fruit cake and I'll leave it there for now.......

Hi Hoola. Nice to see you back on the forum. I think you may have misread my thoughts slightly. My contention is that you can still support your local team, so no need put all your Rovers stuff away in the garage. However it is nice to also support a big club (as long as it's from Yorkshire) so that you can enjoy the thrill of the Champions League, the Premiership, the FA Cup etc. At the moment the only club in Yorkshire that fits the bill is Leeds. So come on everybody, get behind Leeds and let's give those Lancashire and London clubs a run for their money. Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire etc.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on December 16, 2013, 11:25:47 am by RedJ »
Whoopydoo so being the biggest are you suggesting that we put all our Rovers stuff away in the garage , buy a dirty white shirt and flock down to Bellend in our tens of '000s ? Are you serious ?
Would you also tell the good people of Lancashire to drop all their ties with their clubs and do the same ?

Hi Hoola. Nice to see you back on the forum. I think you may have misread my thoughts slightly. My contention is that you can still support your local team, so no need put all your Rovers stuff away in the garage. However it is nice to also support a big club (as long as it's from Yorkshire) so that you can enjoy the thrill of the Champions League, the Premiership, the FA Cup etc. At the moment the only club in Yorkshire that fits the bill is Leeds. So come on everybody, get behind Leeds and let's give those Lancashire and London clubs a run for their money. Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire etc.

Yeah Hull might disagree with that.

Oh and by the way, they would consider themselves Yorkshire, as would, erm, the authorities, whose opinion has a little more credibility than yours...

In fact I'm not sure why I keep biting. Thank you and goodnight.

old lad

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on December 16, 2013, 11:26:26 am by old lad »
Yes but you are not supporting a big  team with the thrill of the champions league. You got your asses kicked by Histon since you were anywhere near Europe.
Been in the Rovers today and apparently a hospitality box taken up by scum were kicked out on mass for their mis behaviour...and they wonder why they are known as scum???

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on December 16, 2013, 11:30:52 am by bobjimwilly »

Am I missing somet? When are Leeds going to give us a thrill in the Champions League, Premier League or FA Cup? In fact, when was the last time they did?

Donny have had more thrills in last 10 years than Leeds have by far me old fruit.

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on December 16, 2013, 11:37:11 am by CraigyBoy »
IC1967 - I've read the sort of stuff you usually post on here. I think you're an idiot to be quite frank. I cant think for the life of me what you're getting out of this thread....

From what i've seen of your posts you see yourself as above everyone on here, intellectually superior and enjoy belittling the majority of posters. Please explain if you are above everyone on here, why you seem to so desperately need to get a reaction from rovers fans?

Is that it? you just want a reaction?

Im the same, I love getting a reaction out of people who I think are below me.

For the record I don't see myself as being above anyone. I'm sorry if I give the impression of being intellectually superior. I don't mean to, but I suppose you feel that way because you obviously think my posts are crafted in such a way that I must be extremely intelligent. In future I'll put in a few spelling mistakes and a bit of bad grammer if that makes you feel better. I'm not looking for a reaction. I'm just posting my honest thoughts and not being a sheep like most of the rest of you.

It's grammar. Labour educated same as the rest of us?

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on December 16, 2013, 11:58:54 am by IC1967 »

Gotcha. Thankfully I was educated under a Tory regime. You need to read that sentence containing 'grammer' again. Here it is for you with an explanation:

'In future I'll put in a few spelling mistakes and a bit of bad grammer if that makes you feel better.'

What I did there was to use a bit of wit. I stated that I was going to put in a few spelling mistakes and did so straight away. I suspect most of the Labour educated people like yourself missed the obvious spelling mistsake (credit to you for spotting it) but where you've fallen down badly is that you haven't spotted the obvious wit behind the sentence. This is despite a previous poster stating that he ha seen what I'd done there.

So inadvertantly, you've shown that a Labour education is unfortunately for you not a very good one. Whilst we're on the subject, could I please make a plea to all posters. Please, please stop saying 'should of' when it should be 'should have'. This really makes my piss boil and makes you look illiterat. Thanking you in anticipation for your cooperation.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on December 16, 2013, 12:02:11 pm by vaya »

Gotcha. Thankfully I was educated under a Tory regime. You need to read that sentence containing 'grammer' again. Here it is for you with an explanation:

'In future I'll put in a few spelling mistakes and a bit of bad grammer if that makes you feel better.'

What I did there was to use a bit of wit. I stated that I was going to put in a few spelling mistakes and did so straight away. I suspect most of the Labour educated people like yourself missed the obvious spelling mistsake (credit to you for spotting it) but where you've fallen down badly is that you haven't spotted the obvious wit behind the sentence. This is despite a previous poster stating that he ha seen what I'd done there.

So inadvertantly, you've shown that a Labour education is unfortunately for you not a very good one. Whilst we're on the subject, could I please make a plea to all posters. Please, please stop saying 'should of' when it should be 'should have'. This really makes my piss boil and makes you look illiterat. Thanking you in anticipation for your cooperation.

Is he still making intentional mistakes to get attention?  Some new material needed. It's like listening to Les Dennis.

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on December 16, 2013, 12:05:10 pm by scaley back rover »
he should of got some professional help

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on December 16, 2013, 08:44:12 pm by CraigyBoy »
Why is it all about winning? We should support a 'bigger' club because they might stand a chance of winning something? Realistically 90% of football clubs don't stand a chance of doing so, so by your misguided logic 90% of football clubs shouldn't have any supporters.

That's nonsense.

Football clubs are a part of the social and community fabric of where we reside. It's that that creates loyalty and a sense of being a part of that club.

You are misreading my views. I think it's great than people support their local club no matter what. I do. I support Rovers. I also like the excitement of supporting a big club as well. When I was at school you decided which big team you were going to support from an early age. Supporting Rovers did not come into it because they weren't a big club. However we would all also support Rovers as well and regularly make the trip to Belle Vue. I'd be very surprised if youngsters don't support a big club like they did when I was young. No doubt most of these youngsters will also have an affinity with Rovers as well because they are the local team.

If Rovers were a Premiership side then yes it would be viable to just support them. However they aren't and never will be so support of a bigger club is required if you want a bit more excitement in your life. For me it is heresy for a Yorkshireman to support a team from outside our borders. So being a logical person, it is obvious to me that Leeds should be the club to gain our allegiance.

That, not "Than". IQ of a mollusc.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on December 17, 2013, 08:13:56 am by hoolahoop »
Of coarse youngsters follow what is happening in the both the top tier and at international level.
"Follow" is the word I have intentionally used . I "follow" what is happening in Helmand Province but do I want to be a part of it..…......not a chance.
Btw did you spot the the intentional spelling mistake at the beginning of the post  ?

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on December 18, 2013, 03:13:16 pm by IC1967 »
Of coarse I did. I suspect many others didn't though.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on December 18, 2013, 03:20:37 pm by Wild Rover »

Hmmm!!.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on December 18, 2013, 03:27:25 pm by RedJ »
Must be another one of his hilarious deliberate typos. :silly:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012