Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:33:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Away fans in home end  (Read 20593 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Away fans in home end
« Reply #30 on December 15, 2013, 09:40:30 pm by hoolahoop »
There are too many of our supporters giving this fixture a wide berth nowadays.........that to me is wrong and if they do turn up many are less likely to bring their kids.
Many wonder why there aren't more home fans at this fixture........well believe me 100's if not 1000's have swerved past this fixture for some time. This stretches right back to the 2007 P/O final ticket fiasco.

This lot I.e. Leeds fans/hangers on/glory hunters/local arseholes simply can't be trusted. These are the same tw#ts that sit in our pubs most if not all Satdis extolling the virtues of Leeds/Manure /Chelski then roll out for this one fixture pretending to be fervent and dedicated Leeds fans. They are no better than the armchair supporters of team they purport to detest.
It has to be a serious underclass that rolls out these days to slag off their own town, people and dedicated football supporters.
Leeds are called SCUM because in many cases they do attract unsavoury human beings from other towns. At this point I must apologise to the many 000's of decent Leeds Utd supporters who must be or rather should be if they aren't tearing their hair out at these leeches.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

twinkletoes

« Reply #31 on December 15, 2013, 09:51:09 pm by twinkletoes »
There are too many of our supporters giving this fixture a wide berth nowadays.........that to me is wrong and if they do turn up many are less likely to bring their kids.
Many wonder why there aren't more home fans at this fixture........well believe me 100's if not 1000's have swerved past this fixture for some time. This stretches right back to the 2007 P/O final ticket fiasco.

This lot I.e. Leeds fans/hangers on/glory hunters/local arseholes simply can't be trusted. These are the same tw#ts that sit in our pubs most if not all Satdis extolling the virtues of Leeds/Manure /Chelski then roll out for this one fixture pretending to be fervent and dedicated Leeds fans. They are no better than the armchair supporters of team they purport to detest.
It has to be a serious underclass that rolls out these days to slag off their own town, people and dedicated football supporters.
Leeds are called SCUM because in many cases they do attract unsavoury human beings from other towns. At this point I must apologise to the many 000's of decent Leeds Utd supporters who must be or rather should be if they aren't tearing their hair out at these leeches.
Well said Hoola. I'm looking to move house very soon and can categorically state that my new home won't have a Leeds postcode. DN seems to be the favorite at the moment, or maybe not!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on December 15, 2013, 09:52:55 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Well said Hoola. I'm looking to move house very soon and can categorically state that my new home won't have a Leeds postcode. DN seems to be the favorite at the moment, or maybe not!

DN gives you plenty of scope

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 15, 2013, 10:12:54 pm by Sprotyrover »
I think that the reason why we have such a varied bunch of Football  support in the town is that most of our forbears came to Doncaster to work in the Pits and factories from the West riding and the North.
Couple that with the Abysmal record of Rovers in the late 60's 70's 80's and 90's hasn't helped. My own parents being the case they had no interest in Football .I grew up with Kids whose parents were Scots, Geordies,or hailed from the West riding,the only teams talked about at Adwick Comp were Leeds and Manure.
We just have to accept it and hope Rovers recent success has given the youth in the Town a home team to talk about and support.

twinkletoes

« Reply #34 on December 15, 2013, 10:16:53 pm by twinkletoes »

DN gives you plenty of scope
True, but I don't know anyone with a DN postcode so for a single girl it could be rather daunting. But thanks.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 15, 2013, 10:18:22 pm by RedJ »
Steer well clear of Scunthorpe whatever you do.

twinkletoes

« Reply #36 on December 15, 2013, 10:19:32 pm by twinkletoes »
why?

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 15, 2013, 10:22:12 pm by scaley back rover »
it makes basrah look like vegas  in comparison thats why tt

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 15, 2013, 10:24:05 pm by Sprotyrover »
As a footnote I recall the infamous Leeds Bayen game in 1975, I went to my mates house in Woodlans to watch it we were 16 and managed to sneak some tins of Newcastle brown from the Offy on Shop fronts, I was the only Rover there ,Anyway When Bayern won I was laughing,we had all had a sniff of the Barmaids apron (about 4 bottles each) anyway we ended up having a Brawl on my mates parents front lawn,The result was Doncaster Rovers supporter 3 weeds fans nil!
I haven't touched that stuff since as I blame it for turning me into Muhamed Ali that night!

twinkletoes

« Reply #39 on December 15, 2013, 10:28:36 pm by twinkletoes »
I could start a whole new topic on where to buy my new house. But just been told it's lights out and time for sleep.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 15, 2013, 10:38:26 pm by RedJ »
why?
That would be why. :laugh:

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on December 15, 2013, 11:50:06 pm by andysly »
It's a difficult one for the club to deal with as there are so many Leeds fans in the DN postcode area.
If they were stricter with the tickets, maybe saying people must've had purchased 3 match tickets before then there would be hell to pay on here with people moaning about making it inaccessible to home fans.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on December 16, 2013, 12:05:59 am by albie »
Why not just sell tickets for the Leeds game as a part of a package.....for example, say include a redeemable voucher for another game, sale price for 2 home games.

Those that just wanted to see Leeds would have to pay for 2 games in the home section, but genuine Rovers fans wouldn't mind if they got another Rovers game at the same time.

Just a thought.

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on December 16, 2013, 07:09:19 am by Belle_Vue »
This would also give fans flexibility of when to choose the other game. Again attracting people.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on December 16, 2013, 08:38:50 am by Rios »
Quote from: hoolahoop

Strangely I said this on the approach to the stadium on Saturday.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets no enjoyment out of playing them.  It's everything bad that football used to be and generally not worth the hassle especially when our own club and stewards/police pay little more than lip service each time in removing trouble makers.  Maybe we should hire the away stand team from Bolton?  They may have been knuckle dragging thugs but at least they wouldn't have bottled removing people and letting fights break out.

Why not just sell tickets for the Leeds game as a part of a package.....for example, say include a redeemable voucher for another game, sale price for 2 home games.

Those that just wanted to see Leeds would have to pay for 2 games in the home section, but genuine Rovers fans wouldn't mind if they got another Rovers game at the same time.

Just a thought.

It's a decent idea but the problem is that those in the home end are there because they don't have enough loyalty points (or whatever system they use) to get tickets in the away end.  Paying £40 isn't going to put off those people.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on December 16, 2013, 08:42:07 am by The Red Baron »

Just a thought.

That seems a very good suggestion and if we have to play the binkickers any time soon maybe the club should consider it.

I know other clubs have done it, usually to prevent glory-hunters from turning up for only one big match.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on December 16, 2013, 08:42:38 am by Rios »

As opposed to Moorends, Stainy, Balby, Hyde Park, etc, etc which are like Paris in the summer....

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on December 16, 2013, 08:49:48 am by scaley back rover »

As opposed to Moorends, Stainy, Balby, Hyde Park, etc, etc which are like Paris in the summer....

I was thinking more along the lines of Beverly hills but paris is a good shout as we do have the peglers tower here in balby and we are very cosmopoliton just like paris lol

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on December 16, 2013, 10:21:00 am by Wild Rover »

Basrah ?? have you ever been?. Its not that bad.

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on December 16, 2013, 10:30:34 am by scaley back rover »
unfortunatly i have on more than one occasion. I assume you have had the pleasure also Wild
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 10:32:53 am by scaley back rover »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on December 16, 2013, 10:47:18 am by Filo »
One of the Leeds fans in the East Stand took his jacket off prior to the start of the game. He was obviously out on day release from wherever!!! I had read somewhere to report any Leeds fans in the home end. We were told to inform a steward (I think a Bolton steward would have been fitting) or safe text, the number of which would be round the ground and of course it wasn't. 
 There were no stewards in the stand near me so I went all the way back into the concourse to find one. Nope not one there. Eventually I saw a SLO and told him, only to be told that it was ok as long as they were not causing trouble. Ehh!!!
I really thought DRFC cared, I have huge concerns as to if they really do. The attempt to segregate the two groups of fans was an absolute shambles from start to finish. It was never going to be 100% Leeds idiot fan proof but come on DRFC say what you mean and mean what you say. Rant over!!!

So you raised the issue with a SLO and they told you it was OK, that must have been club policy regarding this fixture then, poor show from the SLO, they should have alerted the nearest steward and had them removed

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on December 16, 2013, 11:29:05 am by bobjimwilly »
they seemed to be doing a fair job of kicking them out in the east stand once they'd been identified. Tbf on the "regular" stewards they needed backup from the "heavies", of which there were only a handful.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on December 16, 2013, 11:32:42 am by Jenny »
I think that the only way the club could 'win' in situations like this is to have better stewarding/policing so that away fans in home ends are ejected if they misbehave.

There will be thousands of Leeds fans with a purchasing history for Rovers tickets due to the fact we have played them several times whilst residing at the Keepmoat. Some of their fans would be able to still be able to purchase tickets even if the purchase history had to be for more than one game.

As it has also been said, a lot of them won't think twice about paying for this game and another, I noticed that there was at least one box full of Leeds fans on Saturday so there will always be those who will pay over the odds to get into the game.

The restriction to DN postcodes is just daft really, do people have to produce something with the post code on or just say any DN post code? If it is the latter, then I really don't seen the point in continuing with insisting on it.

For what its worth, I don't generally buy into the 'big bad nasty Leeds fans' view that most people have and if they aren't trying to create trouble I see no problem with having them in the home ends if they want to just watch the game. I would do it if I couldn't get a ticket in the away end as would a hell of a lot of other Rovers fans who have missed out down the years.

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on December 16, 2013, 11:40:37 am by CraigyBoy »

Scunthorpe is a dump, but I think the outlying areas of Scunthorpe - like Epworth, Haxey, Belton - are pretty poor rural areas aren't they? And the nearer you get to Gainsborough, the more you feel culture draining away. North Lincs is a desolate wasteland; I should know, I live in Epworth!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 11:42:58 am by CraigyBoy »

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on December 16, 2013, 11:42:12 am by CraigyBoy »
But......I think in terms of sheer drugs, poor educational attainment (see ICMadMick for proof), crime, and poverty, the South Yorkshire belt of Doncaster, Barnsley, and Rotherham take some beating. Sad to say.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on December 16, 2013, 11:57:41 am by German Rover »
But......I think in terms of sheer drugs, poor educational attainment (see ICMadMick for proof), crime, and poverty, the South Yorkshire belt of Doncaster, Barnsley, and Rotherham take some beating. Sad to say.

And in one quote you hit the nail on the head of why I joined the army and left town

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on December 16, 2013, 12:09:11 pm by wilts rover »
One person's desolate wasteland is another's unique cultural and environmental habitat...

did you know for instance that the area around Epworth and Owston Ferry is one of only two places in Britain where you can see traditional strip farming methods dating back to Anglo-Saxon times and that Crowle Moors (along with the rest of the Humberhead Peatlands) is a very rare example of a raised peat bog, the northern most breeding ground for nightjar and nightingale and the home to a huge variety of flora and fauna, some unique to the area. Epworth has its interesting mixture of Dutch influenced architectural styles, from the drainage and was home to the Wesleys, founders of the Methodist movement which has a huge worldwide influence today, not least with Nelson Mandela.

In my opinion Gainsborough Old Hall is one of the finest medieval buildings in the country with its mixture of architectural styles. And of course you know which classic English novel is set in Gainsborough?
I am from Crowle btw.

neil grainger

« Reply #57 on December 16, 2013, 12:51:41 pm by neil grainger »

You've got it in one there Hoola.

I decided against bringing my 7-year-old daughter to the game on Saturday despite her being a STH.

I know I can't wrap her in cotton wool all her life but I'd rather delay as long as possible her exposure to the unpleasantness that goes with a home match against Leeds at the KM.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on December 16, 2013, 12:54:42 pm by Wild Rover »
unfortunatly i have on more than one occasion. I assume you have had the pleasure also Wild

Yes, but not recently. Lived Al Heyyaniyah for a while. Then the Iraqi army did a job in 2008, so cant say what its like now. But would guess with 6 years of building it be back to its former glory as the "Venice " of the middle east.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on December 16, 2013, 01:05:03 pm by philsky »

Yes, but not recently. Lived Al Heyyaniyah for a while. Then the Iraqi army did a job in 2008, so cant say what its like now. But would guess with 6 years of building it be back to its former glory as the "Venice " of the middle east.

I decided against bringing my 7-year-old daughter to the game on Saturday despite her being a STH.

I know I can't wrap her in cotton wool all her life but I'd rather delay as long as possible her exposure to the unpleasantness that goes with a home match against Leeds at the KM.

I had my wife join me at the Play Off Final. Ann doesnt like football at all but came along for the day out. Anyway, she felt threatened walking to the stadium and during the walk back to the tube station. I know its a minority but try telling that to my wife; the pointed language, threatening behaviour and unpleasantness wasnt unexpected but I did hope !

TinyPortal © 2005-2012