Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 07:17:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Away fans in home end  (Read 20585 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Away fans in home end
« Reply #60 on December 16, 2013, 03:26:25 pm by hoolahoop »
There are too many of our supporters giving this fixture a wide berth nowadays.........that to me is wrong and if they do turn up many are less likely to bring their kids.

You've got it in one there Hoola.

I decided against bringing my 7-year-old daughter to the game on Saturday despite her being a STH.

I know I can't wrap her in cotton wool all her life but I'd rather delay as long as possible her exposure to the unpleasantness that goes with a home match against Leeds at the KM.

That is a perfect example of why this problem needs some resolution.
We have spent '000s of hours spreading the message to our youngsters that they now have a club , stadium and people to be proud of just for you to have to reach such a decision.

We have a great Community club and we need to find a way to prevent toerags from getting into the home ends or at least getting them out as soon as they are identified and are unable to cause trouble. This doesn't seem to have happened on Satdi judging by the posts.

Our youngsters and even our older supporters should never feel intimidated in their own stadium to such an extent that they don't even bother going.
There were '000s at Wemberlee who were made to feel uncomfortable with banks of Leeds fans sitting behind them. Many remember that experience and the club needs to ensure it doesn't happen on such a large scale ever again.

How the hell did someone wearing Leeds 'colours' ever get into the Family stand in the first place beggars belief !!

Just in case anyone from Leeds thinks we're soft believe me it doesn't matter where you go you always get 'hard men' and women for that matter but we have moved on . For some weird reason Leeds seems to be stuck in some kind of 70's time warp where they were a force to be reckoned with , when Man Utd was a main competitor, when 35,000 fans flocked into Bellend every other week, when they were challenging for the title and the possibility of playing in Europe NOW......................................you are so far away from all of those things it's impossible for you to accept. It's called living in the past and it's way past the time when you should have accepted the reality of your present situation. Even the last thing you won was 20+ years ago you are NOTHING in terms of English football just a memory.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 03:45:17 pm by hoolahoop »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on December 16, 2013, 03:38:23 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
They should be banned from football end off!

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on December 16, 2013, 04:40:04 pm by Jenny »
I'm not going to anymore games!! I feel the club has let me down.

Really? I can see why you wouldn't be best pleased with the response you got but is it sufficient to stop supporting the team? Thicker skin required IMO, that won't be anywhere near the worse thing that ever happens to you at a football match.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on December 16, 2013, 05:38:29 pm by NickDRFC »

Really? I can see why you wouldn't be best pleased with the response you got but is it sufficient to stop supporting the team? Thicker skin required IMO, that won't be anywhere near the worse thing that ever happens to you at a football match.

I agree with that, I think if all our fans decided to no longer come after something similar happening to them we'd see our crowds dwindle to next to nothing!

copps123

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on December 16, 2013, 05:49:30 pm by copps123 »

I agree with that, I think if all our fans decided to no longer come after something similar happening to them we'd see our crowds dwindle to next to nothing!

I have to agree. I despise this home fixture due to the idiots, and agree strongly that the club need to do something to help prevent this from happening.....but to state our not going to another game???  :s thicker skin needed for sure

copps123

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on December 16, 2013, 05:53:30 pm by copps123 »
For me, it's not so much that they come and sit in our end to watch the game....it's the fact they have to be so loud, obnoxious, and troublesome. I have sat in the scunny end at gp before and managed to keep schtumn...but then I weren't looking for trouble

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on December 16, 2013, 06:35:59 pm by Jenny »
I'm sorry but I'm struggling to believe you couldn't find a single steward.

twinkletoes

« Reply #67 on December 16, 2013, 07:03:49 pm by twinkletoes »
I'm sorry but I'm struggling to believe you couldn't find a single steward.
well I am not in the habit of telling lies Jenny. Why would I say one wasn't around if there was one, and why did I get a SLO. For the record. There were no stewards to be seen.!!!

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on December 16, 2013, 07:22:50 pm by andysly »
Maybe the club should consider a mixture of some of the ideas on here.
Future home games v Leeds ( if they happen that is)
Ticket Sales
1. Sold only as part of a 2/3 game package, available from early in the season, so our fans can sort out payment and organise the other games to go to.
2. Sold only to people with a purchase history in the past 2/3 seasons not including a Leeds game.
3. Forget the DN postcode thing, it doesn't help anything.

Yes Leeds fans will still get in, and may be prepared to pay over the odds but it will make it more difficult and put some off.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on December 16, 2013, 07:30:12 pm by Filo »
There's a time consuming way to weed out some of them, and that is to go through the purchase history of everyone on the data base to see purchasing patterns, I.E. Take all the games we've had at the KM with Leeds plus the play off final and see if these games are the only ones certain people have purchased for, it's odds on these people will be leeds fans and then create a blacklist to cross reference future ticket purchase with

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on December 16, 2013, 07:35:50 pm by Jenny »
What about those Leeds fans who just want to go and watch their team, keep their mouths shut and don't cause any trouble whatsoever? Are we in a position to turn down their cash?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on December 16, 2013, 07:47:15 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I tell you what, why not just let them have all the ground and the home fans can stay away?

I'd rather stay at home anyway if it meant having one of them knob heads sat near me.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on December 16, 2013, 07:48:24 pm by Jenny »
Really? So every Leeds fan in the home end wanted to cause trouble? They all made themselves known?

Sorry, for one minute I was forgetting they are all horrible awful human beings who go home and kick their cats too.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on December 16, 2013, 07:50:55 pm by Draytonian III »
And do you know any Leeds personally

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on December 16, 2013, 07:52:33 pm by Bentley Bullet »
they invariably make themselves known when they score, or when they clap when for instance the linesman is intimidated into disallowing a goal.

Crowle Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on December 16, 2013, 07:53:21 pm by Crowle Rover »
Slightly off topic but concernig Leeds they do have a couple of things in common with their Manc "equals"

1) If your team are playing them then you know the rest of the country is rooting for you

2) By and large their supporters are total cnuts

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on December 16, 2013, 07:53:52 pm by Filo »

Sorry, for one minute I was forgetting they are all horrible awful human beings who go home and kick their cats too.

That'll be after they've kick the living daylights out of the bin walking down the garden path.

Unfortunatly Leeds have a larger proportion of their away support that are knuckle draggers, for that the innocent have to suffer, maybe then the innocent will not tolerate the idiots amongst them and get their house in order because they are deprived tickets

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on December 16, 2013, 07:58:57 pm by Donnylass »
Really? So every Leeds fan in the home end wanted to cause trouble? They all made themselves known?

We had three next to us and it didn't take long for them to make themselves known. Chanting for their own player and celebrating the goals. Not causing trouble, but a stupid thing to do. They were asked to leave and did.
But after the experience of being spat at by two of their female fans I didn't feel comfortable sitting next to them in my OWN S/T seat in the HOME end. Is that right?

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on December 16, 2013, 08:03:24 pm by donnyallday »
Their were more ejections in that one game than the entire season before.

Not exactly angels are they.

RIFF RAFF PPFFTTTTTT.

Beerseller

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on December 16, 2013, 08:07:22 pm by Beerseller »

We had three next to us and it didn't take long for them to make themselves known. Chanting for their own player and celebrating the goals. Not causing trouble, but a stupid thing to do. They were asked to leave and did.
But after the experience of being spat at by two of their female fans I didn't feel comfortable sitting next to them in my OWN S/T seat in the HOME end. Is that right?

And isn't that just the problem?  How do you know that the Leeds fans sat near you are not looking for trouble?  Some may go in the home end hoping trouble happens, some may try to provoke trouble, some may start off not looking for it but then kick off if something in the game angers them and, to be fair, most won't want any trouble at all, but how do you know and is it right that any Rovers fan at all should feel uncomfortable about the situation?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on December 16, 2013, 08:11:50 pm by Bentley Bullet »
That's spot on Beerseller.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on December 16, 2013, 08:31:00 pm by knockers »
I got tickets for two of them who I only knew by name through a supplier but had never met. Got them tickets near me and they behaved like the good young adults they are. They even stood up and clapped with us all when we thought we had scored. So much bloody over reaction on here at times.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on December 16, 2013, 08:42:53 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I tell you what then, let's not bother with segregation at all. Bugger it lets all just sit where we want and have a free for all. Maybe that's the answer. I honestly give up, I really do.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on December 16, 2013, 08:50:06 pm by Filo »
I got tickets for two of them who I only knew by name through a supplier but had never met. Got them tickets near me and they behaved like the good young adults they are. They even stood up and clapped with us all when we thought we had scored. So much bloody over reaction on here at times.

Would have been as forthright with that admission if they had misbeaved?

keepmoatman

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on December 16, 2013, 08:59:53 pm by keepmoatman »
We will have to see if there are any plans from the club to see if anything can be done about this
problem , if not then i shall give this fixture a miss in the future .
But then would it be worth purchasing a S/T to miss fixtures ? Hmmm
I expect im not alone !

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on December 16, 2013, 09:00:09 pm by CraigyBoy »
I haven't been to this fixture either, for most of the same reasons as others. It's no fun at all to have madmick (or his poorly educated rodent friends) sitting nearby and behaving like their lives depended on the outcome of 11 equally poorly educated men kicking a ball about.

I guess I'm just one of the minority who enjoy the occasion of a footy game, (<- This is a comma ICmadmick, by the way. Look them up, they're rather useful) rather than going home and booting the cat about if my team loses.

twinkletoes

« Reply #86 on December 16, 2013, 10:05:26 pm by twinkletoes »

Pretty much, yes!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on December 16, 2013, 10:34:38 pm by normal rules »
at the risk of being a bit radical, why not just give leeds more away allocation. we had 3500 empty seats on sat.

why not just fill them with full fare paying leeds supporters. the demand is clearly there, and we clearly have the room.

its a no brainer surely. they took 6 or 7 thousand to Blackburn the previous week.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on December 16, 2013, 10:42:23 pm by Draytonian III »
Ok so where would you have them sat,move people out of their season ticket seats ? I would rather have it played behind closed doors,what do you think would happen it was played in say March / April time and they were near the top .
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 10:45:59 pm by Draytonian III »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on December 16, 2013, 10:48:30 pm by steve@dcfd »
at the risk of being a bit radical, why not just give leeds more away allocation. we had 3500 empty seats on sat.

why not just fill them with full fare paying leeds supporters. the demand is clearly there, and we clearly have the room.

its a no brainer surely. they took 6 or 7 thousand to Blackburn the previous week.

Although financially a good idea for the club it cannot be done due to segregation. It can be done up to part of the east stand because they can close the large Doors in the north east concourse. But at the half time interval their fans threw rubbish in that concourse because they could not get any more drinks when the bar shut end of half time. It would really erupted had there been a mixture of supporters.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012