Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 02:45:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: wellens  (Read 28435 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
Re: wellens
« Reply #210 on January 04, 2014, 11:56:51 am by River Don »
GW

Apologies, I only skim read through this looong thread.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #211 on January 04, 2014, 01:08:42 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I just wondered may be the money differential is not as big as we might first think, and that Richie may be considering his options.

If Rovers offer is say 5K a week for 18 months that is ca 390K, plus regular first team football

If QPR are offering say 20K per week for 5 months, or say 22 weeks that would be 440K, and all at the highest tax rate

Just a thought 

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #212 on January 04, 2014, 01:11:27 pm by Dare to dream! »
I just wondered may be the money differential is not as big as we might first think, and that Richie may be considering his options.

If Rovers offer is say 5K a week for 18 months that is ca 390K, plus regular first team football

If QPR are offering say 20K per week for 5 months, or say 22 weeks that would be 440K, and all at the highest tax rate

Just a thought 

He's bound to get another club for next season, so he gets a shit load for half a season's work probably only end up only starting around 4/5 games then get's around 5k a week for the whole of next season

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #213 on January 04, 2014, 01:43:26 pm by Wellred »

Just a thought 

I don't know but I would suggest he is on more than £5k a week.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #214 on January 04, 2014, 05:03:05 pm by newyankee »

If money is the problem, I have the answer, get rid of Dickov and pals and make Wellens player manager.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #215 on January 04, 2014, 05:03:42 pm by RedJ »
Don't be f**king ridiculous.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #216 on January 04, 2014, 05:09:24 pm by newyankee »
We can't get any worse RedJ. We are a laughing stock, perhaps only second behind Aston Villa. At least Leeds have promotion to go for, we have nothing.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #217 on January 05, 2014, 12:47:50 am by hoolahoop »
We can't get any worse RedJ. We are a laughing stock, perhaps only second behind Aston Villa. At least Leeds have promotion to go for, we have nothing.

I'm surprised at you......I hope this is just a 'kneejerk' reaction ?

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #218 on January 05, 2014, 01:27:33 am by newyankee »
Sorry to say this Steve, but I am falling in to the opposite camp to most on here. I am not advocating SC unless we cannot find another investor or investors.

However, my patience with " It's everyone else's fault Dickov", and our two absent owners, plus puppet Baldwin is growing very thin.

I have a clear vision of the club  but it is getting cloudy very quickly.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #219 on January 05, 2014, 01:33:58 am by eastender »
 :ermm:
Sorry to say this Steve, but I am falling in to the opposite camp to most on here. I am not advocating SC unless we cannot find another investor or investors.

However, my patience with " It's everyone else's fault Dickov", and our two absent owners, plus puppet Baldwin is growing very thin.

I have a clear vision of the club  but it is getting cloudy very quickly.

The two absent owners were both at the game today.  :ermm:

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #220 on January 05, 2014, 01:35:58 am by newyankee »

Thank God for that, maybe they now realize how bad things are!!!!!!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #221 on January 05, 2014, 01:43:09 am by Bentley Bullet »
Things aren't bad Newyankee, everybody's happy....... apart from the bell ends!

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #222 on January 05, 2014, 11:37:49 am by bedale rover »

I'm surprised at you......I hope this is just a 'kneejerk' reaction ?

As bad as Barnsley or sheff u?
No didn't think so!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #223 on January 06, 2014, 02:26:15 pm by graingrover »
 DROS
Paul has expressed a desire to keep Richie and the owners have backed him.  After long discussions with the player over a period of time we’ve offered Richie a contract, it’s fair to say that the length of the contract could be considered long term for a player of his age and beyond the usual length we offer to a player over 32.  We’re hopeful he will sign.  Richie keeps saying he wants to stay and we’ve offered a deal beyond our usual parameters, based purely on his performances this season and Paul’s regularly repeated his admiration of him, so ultimately everything we can do has been done
Read more at http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/gavin-on-window-1278522.aspx#zmj84mTCGhLvhKhQ.99"

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #224 on January 06, 2014, 05:30:01 pm by i_ateallthepies »
DROS
Paul has expressed a desire to keep Richie and the owners have backed him.  After long discussions with the player over a period of time we’ve offered Richie a contract, it’s fair to say that the length of the contract could be considered long term for a player of his age and beyond the usual length we offer to a player over 32.  We’re hopeful he will sign.  Richie keeps saying he wants to stay and we’ve offered a deal beyond our usual parameters, based purely on his performances this season and Paul’s regularly repeated his admiration of him, so ultimately everything we can do has been done
Read more at http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/gavin-on-window-1278522.aspx#zmj84mTCGhLvhKhQ.99"

That last line seems to say to me they aren't confident he'll be staying.  Sadly.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #225 on January 06, 2014, 05:33:53 pm by Spud »
Quite clear to me, the club have made their best offer for a player we'd like to keep. If he gets a better one he'll be off. Never mind football, that's life.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #226 on January 06, 2014, 07:43:00 pm by nortikorner »
18:15 sky transfer window

Leeds and Queens Park Rangers have been linked with a move for Richie Wellens, whose short-term contract at Doncaster Rovers has expired. However, Doncaster are prepared to offer a deal 'beyond our usual parameters' in a bid to persuade the experienced midfielder to stay.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #227 on January 06, 2014, 08:21:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Does the word "proportion" mean anything to you.

We can't get any worse? A ROVERS fan can say that with feeling and a straight face halfway through our 5th season out of 6 in Tier 2?

I'll be honest. If I was Bramall reading this, I'd tell you to shove your club up your arse and see just how much worse it REALLY could get.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #228 on January 06, 2014, 08:34:54 pm by IDM »
Where is the evidence of being a laughing stock?  We're punching above our weight in terms of size, budget and position, yet around half of our performances are extremely good.

Laughing stock? really?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #229 on January 06, 2014, 09:00:07 pm by graingrover »
I have a feeling that Richie has got too much rovers in his blood  to go to Leeds .. and their fans are even more fickle and certainly 'nastier'  than ours .. as their reaction to the defeat by Rochadale showed.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #230 on January 06, 2014, 11:21:01 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
If he goes,it's not great,but there are other players,Richie didn't invent being able to pass a ball,love him to stay but only if his hearts in it,because we face a lot of fighting football until the end of the season,every player in the team has to want to be here for us to stay up,because over the months most of them will get a chance,it's all about the eleven out there and the players who come on,you beat nobody with one player!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012