Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:26:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

What's your views on Dickov's position?

I would like Dickov to stay.
91 (64.1%)
I would like Dickov to go.
51 (35.9%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Author Topic: Dickov in or out?  (Read 2873 times)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
Dickov in or out?
« on January 04, 2014, 10:21:43 pm by Red Rover »
Personally i don't think it's his fault, definitely keep him. The players are letting him down...plus we are missing fresh blood.

Interested to see public opinion tho... :ermm:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Re: Dickov in or out?
« Reply #1 on January 04, 2014, 10:27:09 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Can't believe we are even debating it!

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 04, 2014, 10:33:25 pm by ian1980 »
IN

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 04, 2014, 10:39:50 pm by RedJ »
Can't believe we are even debating it!

Shock horror, Norfolk doesn't believe anyone who disagrees with his own opinion has any right to do so...

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 04, 2014, 11:11:58 pm by Donnybax »
Out

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 04, 2014, 11:31:38 pm by wilts rover »
Can we have an option for

I would like to see what he does when the injured players are back and to see if the board will back him for strengthening in the window.

or is that too long?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 04, 2014, 11:33:18 pm by River Don »

I would like to see what he does when the injured players are back and to see if the board will back him for strengthening in the window.

or is that too long?

I reckon that's an IN vote

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 04, 2014, 11:34:23 pm by Donnyrovers »
IN.

JBRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 04, 2014, 11:36:35 pm by JBRover »
Out for me, I think he is clueless and it's about time he stopped making excuse and took some responsibility.

He sets the team up, he chooses the formation and we continually to struggle to defend properly, struggle to create any chances, it really makes me wonder what they actually do during training.  Their first was a joke and the second goal was a free header and was like watching schoolboy football.  We are so slow when going forward that most teams have 11 men behind the ball by the time we've decided what we are going to do next after all the sideways and backwards passing, clueless absolutely clueless.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 04, 2014, 11:47:12 pm by mushRTID »

or is that too long?

so IN then.

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 05, 2014, 08:56:57 am by craigdrfc »
I think the last month or so has show a lot if his weaknesses and I no longer feel he is the man to lead us into next season, which I suspect will be in the division below sadly. To keep us up this season I think we need a Holloway/Warnock type, someone with a bit of something extra to his approach.

DRFC17

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 05, 2014, 09:10:44 am by DRFC17 »
Undecided. His early performances were good, and I know we have injuries, but the team looks directionless and devoid of any passion at the moment.

As a side note, I reckon Dickov's 'always go for a win' attitude has cost us more points than it's gained us in conceding in the last ten minutes. Why wouldn't you take a draw away at QPR? If we'd conceded half the goals we had in the last ten minutes we wouldn't be in the relegation zone. Fine margins.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 05, 2014, 09:58:48 am by LincsRover »
In of course - FFS! Talk about knee jerk reactions! We're Donny rovers and were always going to struggle in this league, I'm still looking for a 21st place finish to be a great season - let's be realistic everyone - and apart from the last few days we have been above that. We are in a relegation fight, absolutely, but we have an injury list from hell and not enough money to keep our best players (where have we heard that before?) but we have a more than realistic chance of finishing above Barnsley, Millwall, Yeovil & Wendies (Wendies struggled to a draw against a conference side yesterday & Barnsley also lost to a L1 team). And if we don't? Well, I'll still be there supporting Donny!

OK, today was sh*te, passionless (as passionate as the crowd!) and totally inept, but get rid of the manager??!! Some people should grow up and support their team through thick & thin - (let's face it we have the smallest fan base in the championship by some way - only 4k yesterday!) or f*ck off & support a team who win most of their games with style! Taxi to Manchester or north London anyone??!!

:rtid:

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 05, 2014, 10:17:41 am by Lincoln Rover »
In for certain. Let's panic and do what the blades Wendy's and DINGLES have done and sack thf manager. Another £400k off the budget which we've already reached.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 05, 2014, 12:13:30 pm by aidanstu »
I can't believe our fans are even considering getting rid of Dickov at this stage. Are people really that uneducated and fickle. It's an embarrassment to this forum that this vote has even been considered and why post it now? Why not after the qpr home game? It's a joke.

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 05, 2014, 12:30:19 pm by CraigyBoy »
If you watch him on the touchline, he spends most of a football match shouting at the forth official. Like that will help Martin Woods play like a Championship player, or the team to show some spirit, or will affect the team in any way whatsoever. In my own, undervalued yet, ultimately, unimportant opinion, Dickov is well out of his depth as a manager.

Thing is, the shockers he's bought in - Robinson, for example - were also partly down to Brian Flynn too weren't they? Whatever, Dickov is not a clever fella.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 05, 2014, 12:36:17 pm by glosterred »
Out - the same problems we have had all season are still there, we cannot defend at set pieces

COYR

Mild Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 05, 2014, 01:58:04 pm by Mild Rover »
In.......for now. What's the point in paying him off when that would be better spent on strengthening the squad with players who actually want to put a shift in. Furthermore, those responsible for that horror show yesterday should, if they have any morals, hand back their match fees. And I include PD in that.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 05, 2014, 04:11:16 pm by RedJ »
I'm absolutely amazed that people were under the impression that we weren't going to struggle this season.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 06, 2014, 08:36:08 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Personally i don't think it's his fault, definitely keep him. The players are letting him down...plus we are missing fresh blood.

My gripe is that when we lost 4-0 at 'Boro, Dickov said in his post-match interview that "The players were going to see a different side of him", this made me happy as I thought he has realised that was an attrocious performance and he has a fiery temper, this will most definitely make the lads come out and perform next game!

Next game, we lose 1-3 to Brighton and perform just as bad!

It's like the players are still waiting for a royal round of f**ks!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 06, 2014, 10:50:54 am by The Red Baron »

My gripe is that when we lost 4-0 at 'Boro, Dickov said in his post-match interview that "The players were going to see a different side of him", this made me happy as I thought he has realised that was an attrocious performance and he has a fiery temper, this will most definitely make the lads come out and perform next game!

Next game, we lose 1-3 to Brighton and perform just as bad!

It's like the players are still waiting for a royal round of f***s!

Exactly! His post-match comments are wearing thin for me too. There was a story doing the rounds that the players don't listen to him and the fact that he keeps promising to sort them out tends to bear this out.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012