Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:46:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Rate The Ref

0 - Totally Useless

Author Topic: Rovers v Stevenage- FAC- 04/01/14- Scott Duncan  (Read 2335 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Rovers v Stevenage- FAC- 04/01/14- Scott Duncan
« on December 23, 2013, 06:58:07 pm by The Red Baron »

10 Doncaster Rovers FC v Stevenage
Referee Scott Duncan
Assistant Referees Philip Dermott & Paul Hodskinson
4th Official Declan Ford

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers v Stevenage- FAC- 04/01/14- Scott Duncan
« Reply #1 on January 04, 2014, 07:25:14 pm by Donnywolf »
I have given a 0 - totally useless but perhaps I was "totally useless" myself as I should have given him 1

I left at 1-3 so missed the 6 minutes of "added time" but I doubt he redeemed himself

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 05, 2014, 09:53:30 am by Not Now Kato »
Got so much wrong throughout the match it was unbelievable.  The only things worse on the day were the Rovers!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 05, 2014, 12:05:19 pm by Filo »
Rovers were that poor you couldn't blame the ref if you wanted to, that doesn't hide the fact that this is another inept ref to visit the KM this season, where do they get these idiots from?

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 05, 2014, 05:36:39 pm by LincsRover »
Surely he was found reffing some Sunday league match with his mates running the line in some far flung southern outpost. He was so crap there that some bright spark from the FL whose son attends the same school as Mr Duncan's son thought "He'd be f*ck*ng perfect for that game at the keepmoat stadium in the 3rd round of the FA cup!".

That is surely the only credible explanation for such a ridiculously terrible team of officials! Incompetent at both ends - poor decisions for both teams! In a word - sh*te!

We only get sh*t refs! Unfortunately rovers were sh*tter!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 05, 2014, 07:28:50 pm by The Red Baron »
I recall he did a game at the KMS last season (Crewe, I think) and I thought he was extremely poor. He didn't really do much to improve my opinion of him yesterday. As referees seem to be harder to remove than High Court Judges, I'm sure people will be saying the same about him in ten years' time.

I have to confess I missed the Turnbull incident but it sounds like we dodged a bullet there. On the first goal, no question that Zoko was onside because the ball was played by Quinn and anyway Zoko came from an onside position. The only one who could have been offside was the 19, but under the law as it stands he never became active.

I thought the ref missed a stonewall penalty when Brown was barged over in the area- I didn't see him signal advantage- but Forrester's strike from the loose ball made the debate academic.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 05, 2014, 09:46:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
TRB

I was a long way from the incident, but I don't see how Quinn could physically have played the ball directly to Zoko. It looked to me as though Quinn stumbled the ball into the no. 19, and the ball then bounced back over Quinn to Zoko who was at least 2 yards offside.

Could be wrong. I guess the video will be out eventually.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 06, 2014, 09:29:57 am by BillyStubbsTears »
TRB

Seen the video now. You called it bang on. My mistake.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012