Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:02:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New striker  (Read 6075 times)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Re: New striker
« Reply #30 on January 19, 2014, 12:55:44 am by mrfrostsdad »
Just got in from work.

Ok. Dickov was appointed in June. I think Macheda came in in September? Then possibly got injured in early November. Can't remember when Robinson came in, but pretty sure it was after the season started. I don't think Dickov had any intention of giving Paynter a run in the side, which means we started the season with Chris Brown. So, in my opinion, we needs to bring a striker in in the close season.

I'm gutted I couldn't go today. But also delighted we won. I also missed the other 'best performance' of the season at home to Blackburn.

I hope we don't fall I to the trap of thinking we don't need to sign a striker because we've won 3-0 today. That would be folly, IMO.
I think two things has cost us dear, very dear, this season. Firstly, not bringing in a centre half on loan when both our centre halves were injured and relying on kids (I bet that stuck out like a sore thumb today) and not having a striker in from day one. Obviously the other imjuries hasn't helped as well.

Who would I bring in, loan or otherwise? Well, that depends on how much money we can throw at it. Looks like it's going to be Prozwictz (wrong spelling probably) but we've been linked with everyone. ALF was never going to come, and definitely won't after getting a hat trick today. IF we could afford it, I would bring in Billy Sharp as I'm sure everyone would. I think working off Brown, with Coppinger and Forrester down the flanks, he'd get a bag full of goals.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 19, 2014, 01:06:20 am by dickos1 »
Robinson signed in August he only missed the first game of the season.
Dickov has said were signing striker and today doesn't change that fact

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 19, 2014, 05:24:18 am by PDX_Rover »
Have some faith. Dicky's done us fine thus far with additions.

EpsTheMightyReds

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 19, 2014, 08:21:52 pm by EpsTheMightyReds »
Sky Sports App reckons we're after Matt Derbyshire from Forest. Haven't seen or heard much of him over the past couple of years but I can remember thinking he was an intelligent player - can't remember him being particularly prolific

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 19, 2014, 08:44:31 pm by Dare to dream! »
Sky Sports App reckons we're after Matt Derbyshire from Forest. Haven't seen or heard much of him over the past couple of years but I can remember thinking he was an intelligent player - can't remember him being particularly prolific

I'd be happy with Derbyshire coming in if he were one of two strikers but if he were the only I would be dissapointed.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 19, 2014, 09:36:57 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Isn't he one that usually used to "do us"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012