Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:35:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Atmosphere again  (Read 32539 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Atmosphere again
« Reply #60 on February 03, 2014, 12:50:43 pm by silent majority »
The Middlesborough away support was the largest by any team throughout English Football on Saturday. It's hard to compete with that.

Good luck to the FB group though.

Barnsley took getting on for 5000 to Hilsborough.
Makes our 1800 look a shambles. The £30 ticket prices didn't seem to put them off.

No they didn't.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on February 03, 2014, 12:55:36 pm by silent majority »
If everybody cares to remember we created, through IRWT, an atmosphere group that would explore ideas to alter our current malaise. Unfortunately only one or two non-VSC board members turned up.

We're quite happy to have another go at it, but people need to stop moaning and do something, that's the only way things will change.

I could get the guy from Middlesborough to attend if necessary. Anthony works for the club and was instrumental in helping Red Faction achieve what they've done so far.

Anybody want to do that?

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on February 03, 2014, 01:03:28 pm by RJHeader »
If people say there isnt enough space in the West Stand B area. Is there no scope to extend so we get the NW corner and just shift the away fans further round? Or can this not be done?

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on February 03, 2014, 01:15:22 pm by RTID75 »
If everybody cares to remember we created, through IRWT, an atmosphere group that would explore ideas to alter our current malaise. Unfortunately only one or two non-VSC board members turned up.

We're quite happy to have another go at it, but people need to stop moaning and do something, that's the only way things will change.

I could get the guy from Middlesborough to attend if necessary. Anthony works for the club and was instrumental in helping Red Faction achieve what they've done so far.

Anybody want to do that?

Frosty, the floor's all yours.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 03, 2014, 01:16:52 pm by River Don »

Anybody want to do that?

Just do like we did with the family area, if the club build it, they will come.

Create the section, sell season tickets for that section unreserved, have pay on the gate for that section. Don't enforce the sit down rule in that section too vigorously. Do like Middlesborough and launch the new singing section with the offer a free pint with a ticket for that section.

I don't think we need an atmosphere group so much, more an atmosphere space. If we have that then an atmosphere group might develop more organically.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 01:52:41 pm by River Don »

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 03, 2014, 01:18:27 pm by RJHeader »
Less talk more action in my eyes. Spread the word and why not try it in the West Stand for the Barnsley game? Get as many people as we can over there.

Would expect it to work perfectly against possibly our main local rivals??

If it doesnt work try it in the South Stand for the next home game?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on February 03, 2014, 01:36:34 pm by RedJ »
I don't think you can do it during the season to be honest. It'd have to be set up ready for the next season, because people have season tickets in certain areas of the ground already during the season so won't be able to take part even if they want to, I wouldn't have thought.

Then there's the people who won't want to move because they like sitting where they're sat now. Personally I hate being down the side of the pitch.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on February 03, 2014, 01:39:48 pm by River Don »
I don't think you can do it during the season to be honest. It'd have to be set up ready for the next season, because people have season tickets in certain areas of the ground already during the season so won't be able to take part even if they want to, I wouldn't have thought.

Then there's the people who won't want to move because they like sitting where they're sat now. Personally I hate being down the side of the pitch.

It needs organising right now if we want it for next season.

Those who want to remain in their seat would have a problem, as their seat would no longer be reserved but I think it would be fair if the club offered them alternative seats elsewhere at the same price.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on February 03, 2014, 01:44:09 pm by RedJ »

Those who want to remain in their seat would have a problem, as their seat would no longer be reserved but I think it would be fair if the club offered them alternative seats elsewhere at the same price.

Yeah I know, what I'm saying is you can't really organise something like this for a match this season as people have already paid to be in a certain seat for the year.

As for my second point I meant more like a particular area of the ground than the specific seat. The people I sit with also aren't too keen on sitting along the side. Just personal preferences really.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on February 03, 2014, 01:45:43 pm by MrFrost »
The Middlesborough away support was the largest by any team throughout English Football on Saturday. It's hard to compete with that.

Makes our 1800 look a shambles. The £30 ticket prices didn't seem to put them off.

No they didn't.

Really? Looks like they did from the TV highlights, and 3 of my wednesday supporting mates have said the same.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on February 03, 2014, 01:48:58 pm by River Don »

Yeah I know, what I'm saying is you can't really organise something like this for a match this season as people have already paid to be in a certain seat for the year.

As for my second point I meant more like a particular area of the ground than the specific seat. The people I sit with also aren't too keen on sitting along the side. Just personal preferences really.

They wouldn't necessarily have to devote the entire south stand to the singing section it might just be the area directly behind the goal.

Unfortunately I can't see how creating an area like this won't cause some disappointment. It would have been better if these things had been considered when we moved into the new stadium.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on February 03, 2014, 02:46:42 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I've no intention of moving I like it where I am.  I think the lack of drum has had a negative effect for sure. I also think those wanting to arrange this should be careful not to annoy others and to speak to the club so they're aware. There are things they don't want to and can't allow to happen.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on February 03, 2014, 02:49:29 pm by RJHeader »
I've no intention of moving I like it where I am.  I think the lack of drum has had a negative effect for sure. I also think those wanting to arrange this should be careful not to annoy others and to speak to the club so they're aware. There are things they don't want to and can't allow to happen.

I do believe it is going through the proper channels.. Gavin/Shaun etc.

Nothing wrong with creating an atmosphere. Its what gets people coming back.

Along with good results of course!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on February 03, 2014, 04:52:14 pm by River Don »
Sad

You should let Gavin take a look at the complete article you posted about Boros Red Faction.

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on February 03, 2014, 05:13:47 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
The notion that the West Stand B section is just young kids is unfounded. Myself and about 30 others are former Popular Stand regulars; we regularly sign songs from the 90's & exchange banter between ourselves and the away fans. We haven't been asked to sit down for around 4 seasons now & that's contributed to the fact we have stayed.

I don't believe we need the drum, we didn't need it in the past, it wasn't at Blackpool; as long as people come with the frame of mind that they want to enjoy it & have a sing, we can create atmosphere.

Glad to see the fans are been proactive with this, hope it takes off. We might end up with a similar movement like the one at Lincoln City where fans have got together in a similar area of Sincil Bank, this has seen bigger gates & an excellent 'European style' atmosphere.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on February 03, 2014, 05:19:29 pm by RedJ »
The notion that the West Stand B section is just young kids is unfounded. Myself and about 30 others are former Popular Stand regulars; we regularly sign songs from the 90's & exchange banter between ourselves and the away fans. We haven't been asked to sit down for around 4 seasons now & that's contributed to the fact we have stayed.

I don't believe we need the drum, we didn't need it in the past, it wasn't at Blackpool; as long as people come with the frame of mind that they want to enjoy it & have a sing, we can create atmosphere.

Glad to see the fans are been proactive with this, hope it takes off. We might end up with a similar movement like the one at Lincoln City where fans have got together in a similar area of Sincil Bank, this has seen bigger gates & an excellent 'European style' atmosphere.

Bloody hell that's why people can't hear our fans! ;)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on February 03, 2014, 06:10:30 pm by silent majority »
Atmosphere was raised at my meeting today, and not being unfair but all the suggestions made on this thread and elsewhere have been raised with the club before. There are certain things that can be done and some that will take time to implement. I'll not labour on any points as it appears that you are making the right moves but no doubt you'll have to compromise on some requests.

I did suggest that the club contact Anthony at Middlesborough and see if their experience in dealing with Red Faction can help. Shaun knows Anthony very well and will make contact with him directly.

Some while ago the VSC made a financial contribution to the drum, so it would be helpful to quantify as to who is responsible for it and it's upkeep. If anybody can shed more light on that it would be appreciated.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on February 03, 2014, 07:12:38 pm by silent majority »
I wouldn't worry about the drum being allowed just yet. It's not the drum itself that is the issue but who has control and where it's sited. These are all solveable with the right approach and we did discuss that too.

Again, some of it is easy to do but various smaller problems need to be worked out.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on February 03, 2014, 07:57:57 pm by knockers »
I won't be too happy if I can't keep my seat in the north end of the west stand. There's a fairly large chunk around us that's season tickets and some have been in the same seats for years. It's not just young lads either as most of us are mid/late forties. Unallocated seating won't be popular but if it's stick to your seat then go for it. The lads at the back are good entertainment.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on February 03, 2014, 08:19:11 pm by MrFrost »
I won't be too happy if I can't keep my seat in the north end of the west stand. There's a fairly large chunk around us that's season tickets and some have been in the same seats for years. It's not just young lads either as most of us are mid/late forties. Unallocated seating won't be popular but if it's stick to your seat then go for it. The lads at the back are good entertainment.

There's a whole block of seats netted off for segregation. They never used to be, even against Leeds, Wednesday etc. Why not open that up again?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on February 03, 2014, 11:22:31 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I wouldn't worry about the drum being allowed just yet. It's not the drum itself that is the issue but who has control and where it's sited. These are all solveable with the right approach and we did discuss that too.

Again, some of it is easy to do but various smaller problems need to be worked out.

If the home fans aren't allowed a drum for whatever reason, there is no way the away fans should be allowed one!!!!! jeez who's damn stadium is it.
 I was under the impression the lad that knocked 7 bales of poo out of it  had gone to uni or something.

The only trouble with the drum is it needs a proper drummer to hit the ruddy thing

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on February 04, 2014, 12:18:06 am by Filo »
I think it would help the atmosphere if the crowd joined in with the Wild Rover intro as the teams come out, a bit like Sheff utd do with the chip butty song

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on February 04, 2014, 12:22:48 am by silent majority »

If the home fans aren't allowed a drum for whatever reason, there is no way the away fans should be allowed one!!!!! jeez who's damn stadium is it.
 I was under the impression the lad that knocked 7 bales of poo out of it  had gone to uni or something.

The only trouble with the drum is it needs a proper drummer to hit the ruddy thing

Daggers, don't misinterpret what I wrote. Its not the drum that's the problem but issues around the usage. When the young lad, (I forget his name unfortunately, was it Ryan?) went off to Uni the control over who, what and where became the problem. All solvable I'm sure. But it does depend on somebody taking responsible ownership, that and a couple of minor things should see things right.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on February 04, 2014, 06:15:18 am by Dagenham Rover »

Daggers, don't misinterpret what I wrote. Its not the drum that's the problem but issues around the usage. When the young lad, (I forget his name unfortunately, was it Ryan?) went off to Uni the control over who, what and where became the problem. All solvable I'm sure. But it does depend on somebody taking responsible ownership, that and a couple of minor things should see things right.

Fair do's just misread it a bit 

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on February 04, 2014, 09:52:06 am by hoolahoop »

No they didn't.

Really? Looks like they did from the TV highlights, and 3 of my wednesday supporting mates have said the same.

Makes the Boro' argument that they had the biggest away crowd of 4254 look daft then.
There were NOT nearly 5000 Dingles at Swillsborough Frosty OK.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on February 04, 2014, 10:04:37 am by hoolahoop »

Then with your intransigence it won't ever happen. You said you like to listen.......how about joining in all of you . That's what is wrong with our supporters ; generally older one's either want to listen and not contribute or think they are a damned nuisance and what the hell are they doing actually singing/chanting at a footy game.
I despair. !!

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on February 04, 2014, 10:07:31 am by knockers »
Who said we don't join in. My point was about unallocated seating and enjoying where we sit.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on February 04, 2014, 10:10:56 am by The Red Baron »

No they didn't.

Makes the Boro' argument that they had the biggest away crowd of 4254 look daft then.

Home Attendance Stats Away Attendance: Championship 02/01/14 Middlesbrough at Doncaster: (4,254) Barnsley at Sheffield Wednesday: (2,800) Huddersfield at Leeds: (2,620) Derby at Birmingham: (2,517) Brighton at Watford: (1,998) Blackpool at Blackburn: (1,591) Burnley at QPR: (1,447) Leicester at Bournemouth: (1,435) Reading at Millwall: (1,236) Charlton at Wigan: (729) Bolton at Ipswich: (372) Yeovil at Nottingham Forest: (358)

http://lockerdome.com/fbl72/6170047307587393/6324613684676116

It's an estimate for Swillsborough because Sheffield Wednesday don't appear to issue official numbers for away fans.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on February 04, 2014, 10:53:07 am by MrFrost »

No they didn't.

Home Attendance Stats Away Attendance: Championship 02/01/14 Middlesbrough at Doncaster: (4,254) Barnsley at Sheffield Wednesday: (2,800) Huddersfield at Leeds: (2,620) Derby at Birmingham: (2,517) Brighton at Watford: (1,998) Blackpool at Blackburn: (1,591) Burnley at QPR: (1,447) Leicester at Bournemouth: (1,435) Reading at Millwall: (1,236) Charlton at Wigan: (729) Bolton at Ipswich: (372) Yeovil at Nottingham Forest: (358)

http://lockerdome.com/fbl72/6170047307587393/6324613684676116

It's an estimate for Swillsborough because Sheffield Wednesday don't appear to issue official numbers for away fans.

Clearly more than 2800 if they filled the top tier and had fans in the lower tier.
A bit like when we took 5000 to Barnsley and they said it was 2000.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on February 04, 2014, 11:01:52 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Why does it matter so much? Deary me.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012